HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Zherdev gone after the season?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
  #1
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Is Zherdev gone after the season?

Are you afraid that Zherdev could be gone after the season. I mean, in the KHL?

Did you hear anything from him or his agent telling that he wants to stay or leave?

I mean, Rangers has robbed Columbus in this deal. Do you think Columbus traded Zherdev because they know he'll leave in Russia?

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
  #2
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,781
vCash: 500
Ask me next July and i'll let ya know.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
  #3
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
All depends on this year I guess... I have hight hopes for the kid.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
  #4
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
i dont think so.....its always a possibility, but i feel lik ehe will enjoy his time in NY especially with a coach like renney

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
  #5
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Renney is probably the best possible coach he could have in the NHL.

With Renney's patience, Zherdev will probably flourish.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
  #6
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ask me next July and i'll let ya know.


Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
  #7
Harry Vee
Registered User
 
Harry Vee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
I am very affraid of the possiblity. for the time being i will enjoy watching him play

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
  #8
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,612
vCash: 500
I'm not worried about him going anywhere considering he hasn't even arrived yet.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:48 PM
  #9
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
My prection is that, 10 months from now, most Ranger fans will offer to buy his ticket to Russia.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
  #10
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
My prection is that, 10 months from now, most Ranger fans will offer to buy his ticket to Russia.
I can see it happening with the unrealistic expectations floating around.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:53 PM
  #11
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
I'm worried that Sanguinetti will one day leave the team.

In other words, can't we even enjoy the future without worrying about the future future?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
  #12
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Renney is probably the best possible coach he could have in the NHL.
With Renney's patience, Zherdev will probably flourish.
good joke.

for a European player, especially one who doesn't llove to play defense, and loves to be offensively creative Renney is probably the worst coach to have. Especially on a new team b/c Renney switches lines every 5 seconds.

see Jagr, Jaromir circa 07-08.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
  #13
pzilla3
Registered User
 
pzilla3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
good joke.

for a European player, especially one who doesn't llove to play defense, and loves to be offensively creative Renney is probably the worst coach to have. Especially on a new team b/c Renney switches lines every 5 seconds.

see Jagr, Jaromir circa 07-08.
That's not quite fair, Renney put Jagr on a line with a great playmaking center and he had to play with a rookie that didn't deserve the playing time he got.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dubinsky but Gomez is our #1.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
  #14
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
The same could be said for every young russian in the league and maybe even other fringe players out there, Russian or not...

You get guys like Cherepanov and Zherdev and you hope it works out thats all. Zherdev is under contract this year and hopefully things work out. Who knows, Rangers fans may want Zherdev to go by the end of the year - anything can happen.

Just hope for the best.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:44 PM
  #15
n_a_c
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Do you think Columbus traded Zherdev because they know he'll leave in Russia?
Given the choice between Russia or Columbus, perhaps the odds are 50/50 Zherdev would choose Russia.

Given the choice between Russia or New York, I think the odds are considerably higher Zherdev would choose New York.

But I agree with all the other posters - depends a lot on how well things go this year.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
  #16
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
Given the choice between Russia or Columbus, perhaps the odds are 50/50 Zherdev would choose Russia.

Given the choice between Russia or New York, I think the odds are considerably higher Zherdev would choose New York.

But I agree with all the other posters - depends a lot on how well things go this year.
that's not necessarily true. You don't which town/team the guy prefers. Maybe he likes the quiet, rural aspect of Columbus.

That said, who the heck knows at this point. If he has a monster season, I think he stays. A decent season... I think it could go either way. If he has a bad season... by his standards, then i could see him bolting.

But, um.... I guess we'll findout come June/July

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:56 PM
  #17
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
That's not quite fair, Renney put Jagr on a line with a great playmaking center and he had to play with a rookie that didn't deserve the playing time he got.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dubinsky but Gomez is our #1.
who cares who is number 1 or 2. if u produce u will play, end of story. its not like dubinsky was scratched like prucha has been. dubinsky does what the coaches ask him so he got ice time, nothing wrong with that, just because Gomez is a vet, he should not be handed ice time. ice time should go to the players who work for it.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
  #18
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
that's not necessarily true. You don't which town/team the guy prefers. Maybe he likes the quiet, rural aspect of Columbus.

That said, who the heck knows at this point. If he has a monster season, I think he stays. A decent season... I think it could go either way. If he has a bad season... by his standards, then i could see him bolting.

But, um.... I guess we'll findout come June/July
It is possible he would prefer Columbus over New York but unlikely. Columbus' Russian community is nonexistent compared to that of New York, and that is putting aside everything else the Metro area, north NJ, LI etc. has to offer.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
  #19
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Hell, I'm still worried Avery might leave!

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
  #20
pzilla3
Registered User
 
pzilla3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
who cares who is number 1 or 2. if u produce u will play, end of story. its not like dubinsky was scratched like prucha has been. dubinsky does what the coaches ask him so he got ice time, nothing wrong with that, just because Gomez is a vet, he should not be handed ice time. ice time should go to the players who work for it.
So by that theory, why did jagr get his ice time? His production was down last season. Gomez wasn't the issue between the two of them was the point that I was making.


Last edited by pzilla3: 08-27-2008 at 02:44 PM.
pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
  #21
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
i think if he has a good season, Sather will try and lock him up in January-February ie Tyutin, Girardi, Lundqvist.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
  #22
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
The same could be said for every young russian in the league and maybe even other fringe players out there, Russian or not...

You get guys like Cherepanov and Zherdev and you hope it works out thats all. Zherdev is under contract this year and hopefully things work out. Who knows, Rangers fans may want Zherdev to go by the end of the year - anything can happen.

Just hope for the best.
Beat me to it. I have a feeling this question is going to get old, real quick.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
  #23
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
So by that theory then why did jagr get his ice time? His production was down last season. Gomez wasn't the issue between the two of them.
yea but jagr was still working hard on the ice, he did not seem lazy. how come hollweg got ice time after boneless offensive zone penalties, why not use greg moore, byers or someone from hartford instead??? it has to go both ways, just because u dont score dont mean u dont work hard. if jagr was scoring but not backchecking or playing defense, his ice time should have gotten cut.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
  #24
cbjgirl
Just thinking
 
cbjgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: about last summer.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
good joke.

for a European player, especially one who doesn't llove to play defense, and loves to be offensively creative Renney is probably the worst coach to have. Especially on a new team b/c Renney switches lines every 5 seconds.

see Jagr, Jaromir circa 07-08.
I wouldn't go so far as to say Zherdev "loves" playing defense, but he has gotten significantly better (Hitch probably beat it into him). If he needs to be defensive, he can be, he might not like it, but he can. I would expect him to be allowed to be more creative in NY than he was here.

Zherdev should be used to the line shuffling - we had the same problem here last year, maybe not every 5 seconds, but often enough.

Columbus = rural? (from a different post) Ok. I'll admit that there are farm fields relatively close, but I would say that Columbus = white collar not rural.

As far as the original question, how much are the Rangers going to pay him? He held out last time he negotiated a contract (a lot of that may have been personal issues with MacLean though).

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
  #25
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post

As far as the original question, how much are the Rangers going to pay him? He held out last time he negotiated a contract (a lot of that may have been personal issues with MacLean though).
i think it really matters to how he plays, if he plays poorly he may not get such a good contract, but if he plays like Hemsky i think he can get a pretty good contract from Sather(4.5-6)

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.