HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia-St. Louis

Old
08-27-2008, 03:29 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Philadelphia-St. Louis

To PHI: Jay McKee

To STL: Scottie Upshall, Randy Jones, CAL 3rd 09

I have a feeling it would take more to get McKee, but whatever, I'll adjust the proposal later if I feel it's necessary. Philadelphia needs a #3 defenseman and McKee can fill that role well, and behind Eller the Blues don't have much in the lines of LW depth, and Upshall would be a good 2nd line option with them. When given a good center, he could be a 20-20 guy. He's an absolute sparkplug and hits whatever moves. Jones is a good future 2nd-pairing guy who can play behind Johnson & Pietrangelo for years to come. Philadelphia takes on McKee's 4M salary and they only take on an extra 25K, which is insignificant. Thoughts?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Sneekypete

vCash: 500
This is a tough offer to call.The value is there IMO but I just would pass right now until the Flyers figure out what the are going to do with the 15 d-men coming to camp.Mckee and Upshall both seemed to get banged up often.
I think Jones is a bit under rated at this point.He showed major growth in the playoffs.Yes he made a couple of mistakes but he was huge for them at the 4th slot along side Hatcher.It is tough to cut bait on a guy that has the potential to be your second pairing guy for a long time to come.
Upshall would be a good add for the blues ,the kid is all heart and I love his style of play but the Flyers have room to move and a ton of forward depth.
I say this would be more of a deadline deal then a pre season deal.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Kaktus*

I would offer Kukkonen and Knuble for Mckee and a pick or a prospect.

Mckee did not do much in last two years.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I would offer Kukkonen and Knuble for Mckee and a pick or a prospect.

Mckee did not do much in last two years.
I'd still say we'd be overpaying in that deal. McKee signed a big contract and it's safe to say he's been a disappointment in St.Louis. If we're giving up Kukkonen and Knuble, then I'd like to see a prospect like Marek Schwarz or Ben Bishop be added into the deal. St.Louis will also save considerably in salary with this move as well.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 03:59 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I was under the impression that the Flyers needed a puck-mover on the blue-line. McKee is more in the mold of Smith. Then again, I don't claim to know much about the Flyers.

As for the Blues side of this trade, I would accept.

*The Knuble+Kukkonen offer is just not good for the Blues. Kukkonen isn't the kind of defenseman the Blues need and Knuble is the same player as Tkachuk.

Also, Marek Shwarz could easily be dealt if the offer's good.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd still say we'd be overpaying in that deal. McKee signed a big contract and it's safe to say he's been a disappointment in St.Louis. If we're giving up Kukkonen and Knuble, then I'd like to see a prospect like Marek Schwarz or Ben Bishop be added into the deal. St.Louis will also save considerably in salary with this move as well.
Well, of course depends on the prospest or a pick

Old
08-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
I was under the impression that the Flyers needed a puck-mover on the blue-line. McKee is more in the mold of Smith. Then again, I don't claim to know much about the Flyers.

As for the Blues side of this trade, I would accept.

*The Knuble+Kukkonen offer is just not good for the Blues. Kukkonen isn't the kind of defenseman the Blues need and Knuble is the same player as Tkachuk.

Also, Marek Shwarz could easily be dealt if the offer's good.
Kukkonen blocks shots as good as McKee and tell me again what is wrong with Knuble and his 2.8M a year?

I do not like the original offer.

Old
08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
It would be better for the Flyers to get a puck-moving type but a guy like McKee is good enough to be that #3 guy, and we can pair a guy like Eminger with him who is more of a puck-mover. Although he may not be a puck-mover, McKee is a very good option, and just pairing him with any number of guys would give us that puck-mover on the second pairing. Even if Berard works out, I think they could work together.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:16 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

These teams seem like good trade partners. McKee should be able to rebound. Knuble has gas in the tank.

Maybe these are the wrong pieces. Woot!

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

I think the Blues want to keep McKee for veteran stability. So I don't know if they'd be receptive to the deal.

However, value-wise, I'd take Upshall, Jones, and a 3rd instantly for the Blues.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
sievea*

i wouldn't do this at all

sievea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Jeffro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post

I have a feeling it would take more to get McKee, but whatever, I'll adjust the proposal later if I feel it's necessary. Philadelphia needs a #3 defenseman and McKee can fill that role well, and behind Eller the Blues don't have much in the lines of LW depth, and Upshall would be a good 2nd line option with them. When given a good center, he could be a 20-20 guy. He's an absolute sparkplug and hits whatever moves. Jones is a good future 2nd-pairing guy who can play behind Johnson & Pietrangelo for years to come. Philadelphia takes on McKee's 4M salary and they only take on an extra 25K, which is insignificant. Thoughts?
From the perspective of a Blues fan, I say yes and hang up quickly hoping you don't realize what you did.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Flyersguru

Jay McKee is garbage now, especially for the price his making. Zero interest from Philly, I'd smack Homer if he did that. His contract alone has negative value. $4 million for him is horrible.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
He's a better value than Jeff Finger, regardless of the measure you use to compare the two.

08-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:

Not a bad offer at all. Just don't think the Blues would do this because it would disrupt our development of key, future fixtures on our team.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
mckee is definately someone i would have interest in as a sens fan. On a competitive team, he could really be helpful. I dont believe he was even that bad last year. I think the first deal is clearly an overpayment by the flyers, and the second an underpayment.

08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I think the Blues want to keep McKee for veteran stability. So I don't know if they'd be receptive to the deal.

However, value-wise, I'd take Upshall, Jones, and a 3rd instantly for the Blues.
As would I.

For people saying McKee is garbage. You don't know how wrong you are. McKee's injury bug his first year lost him a ton of credibility. But he rebounded nicely this year. Sound in his own end. We knew he wouldn't be a goal scorer. He was one of our more, consistent defenders. Kukkonen and Knuble, no thanks. But Blues do not want to deal McKee because he is good with the rookies. If Pietrangelo makes the team this year, which is rather likely. McKee will be his pairing defender.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
I'd do that trade.

The blues could use the extra money that they would save here. Also Upshall is a great character guy. He'd fit in very well here. I think Jones could easily fill Walkers spot. Jones is a better d then Walker ever was.

As far as who to fill Mkcee's spot we don't really change much. He's never healthy anyways. I'd rather have Pietrangelo in the lineup then Mckee anyways. I still think Pietrangelo will make the team and stay.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Kaktus*

So Jones who scored over 30pts and pretty damn good energy guy like Upshall not to mention 3rd round pick... for a good stay home d-men but he makes 4M a year averaging 44 something games in last two seasons.

Flyers could just resign Smith who is only 3-4 years older and making less.

that price is too high

Old
08-29-2008, 01:25 AM
milieu bluez

Advantage Blues in this trade.

I'd take it from a Blues point of view in a second. Upshall is awesome. Letting Mckee go opens the door for the 5 guys fighting for the last two spots on this team. Adding an additional 3rd round pick to a deep draft sounds great.

milieu bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:

As a Blues fan, well... I think the Flyers are giving up a little too much in this trade. But....

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote