HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos - Atl

Old
08-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Selanne08*

vCash: 500
Bos - Atl

BOS Gets:
Lehtonen (3 mil, then RFA)

ATL Gets:
Fernandez (4.5 mil, the UFA)
Rask (.850 mil next 2 years then RFA)
2nd

Boston gets to shed some salary. A young star goalie who can win now giving them the option of letting Thomas go at the end of the year who will be an UFA anyway.

ATL gets to start the rebuild with Rask (yes I know they have pavelec but trade his lame ass for all I care) and a 2nd. Plus more salary to meet the floor.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Selanne08*

Plus I figure Rask is atleast a year or two away.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:02 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Makes no sense for Atlanta, they need wingers right now. They are set in goal with Lehtonen, Pavelec, and Kangas in the system.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Makes no sense for Atlanta, they need wingers right now. They are set in goal with Lehtonen, Pavelec, and Kangas in the system.
So change the 2nd to a winger prospect. Rask gives Atlanta more options in goal if Pavelec does not pan out. Plus Rask is a much better prospet IMO than Pavelec. And after another 3rd last finish I figure Lehtonen will be demanding out of Atlanta.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Karl Racki

No way Boston does this deal. Manny still has a chance at being a #1 goalie, if not, he is a solid 1B goaltender. Rask is being way undervalued in this deal. At this point, Rask alone for Lehtonen might be of fairer value. Then having the Bruins throw in a 2nd rounder as well?!

With Thomas and Fernandez aging and Lehtonen's history of injuries, Boston has no reason to do this deal...

Karl Racki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
BruinsDude

Nice try

you get Rask and Fernandez

We get

Ilya Kovalchuk

BruinsDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsDude View Post
Nice try

We get

Ilya Kovalchuk
Your kidding right?

Prospect plus 4.5 mil Salary for a backup to Lehtonen for one of the premier (if not the premier) game changers in the league.

This is a joke right.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Nice try

We get

Ilya Kovalchuk
First offer made me LOL. This offer made me spit out my water and **** myself lol
First we dont need Fernandez or Rask since Lehtonen is wicked and Pavelec is also better than all of your goalies.
2ndly do you know who Ilya Kovalchuk is?

Capa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa View Post
First offer made me LOL. This offer made me spit out my water and **** myself lol
First we dont need Fernandez or Rask since Lehtonen is wicked and Pavelec is also better than all of your goalies.
2ndly do you know who Ilya Kovalchuk is?
You think Pavelec is better than Rask?
Seriously?

Old
08-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Seriously?
Yea i seriously do..and i think the majority of this board does as well since they went head to head in a poll thread and Pavy came out the winner.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Yea i seriously do..and i think the majority of this board does as well since they went head to head in a poll thread and Pavy came out the winner.
forgive me I guess I must of missed that poll

Old
08-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously?
We'll even if he isn't, which I don't think he is, it's very very close.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Capa*

Hell.. Look what Pavy did last year-7games with the Thrashers and he came out .905S%..that is quite a feat especially with Thrashers D in front of him. While Rask played 4games with the Bruins and was 0.886S%...Pavy even beat him in AHL stats, although Pavy did have a wicked team down there.

Im not saying Rask is bad or anything, i think hes wicked... i just think Pavy is gonna be better.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:28 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920

there is a joke thread in the lounge.

'a wild and crazy trade proposal!'

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:28 AM
BruinsDude

My prop was meant to be as funny as the original post..No way Boston gives up Tukka..

BruinsDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Capa*

Quote:
My prop was meant to be as funny as the original post..No way Boston gives up Tukka..
Your rediculous and just making Bruins fans look bad.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I wouldn't wanna gamble,Lehtonen has had some injury problem over the last couple of seasons

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
This doesnt make a lot of sense for Atlanta.. If they trade Lehtonen, I doubt the main asset coming back is a great goalie prospect when they already have Pavelec.. Who is at about the same level as Rask..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Hell.. Look what Pavy did last year-7games with the Thrashers and he came out .905S%..that is quite a feat especially with Thrashers D in front of him. While Rask played 4games with the Bruins and was 0.886S%...Pavy even beat him in AHL stats, although Pavy did have a wicked team down there.

Im not saying Rask is bad or anything, i think hes wicked... i just think Pavy is gonna be better.
Yeah Pavy did look good on his call up I just think in a couple of years Rask will be much better. And the AHL team for Atlanta is a joke. That team is loaded with talent and the team doesn't even play to Atlanta's system! They only care about winning as other AHL teams are playing to the NHL team's system which may not be the best for the players on the roster.

Old
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Safir*

Some people don't understand, why trades are made. You trade to solve a weakness (or several.) Goaltending depth isn't a weakness for the Thrashers, actually it's an area of strenght. The myth of the Thrashers salary cap problem is still out there. Valabik will count against the cap and Bogosian (when signed) as well.

Oh, just in case your curious to know the weaknesses of the Thrashers. Quality on offense, mainly a 1.) RW; 2.) C, and on defense (in that order.)

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
Some people don't understand, why trades are made. You trade to solve a weakness (or several.) Goaltending isn't a weakness for the Thrashers, actucally it's an area of less concern. The myth of the Thrashers salary cap problem! Valabik will count against the cap and Bogosian (when signed as well.)

Oh, just in case your curious to know the weaknesses of the Thrashers. Quality on offense, mainly a 1.) RW; 2.) C, and on defense (in that order.)
Your right. So whats your counter proposal if Lehtonen wants out and Boston is the team?

Old
08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Yeah Pavy did look good on his call up I just think in a couple of years Rask will be much better. And the AHL team for Atlanta is a joke. That team is loaded with talent and the team doesn't even play to Atlanta's system! They only care about winning as other AHL teams are playing to the NHL team's system which may not be the best for the players on the roster.
Um, the Thrashers will now be playing Chicago's system with Anderson at the helm. Rask is awesome, so is Pavelec. It's apples and oranges, imo...and frankly I don't know why anybody would want Fernandez at this point...especially trading their franchise goalie (Lehtonen) for Fernandez. As for Ilya in the deal...just wow. That's like trading Malkin for Price.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
Quote:
Your right. So whats your counter proposal if Lehtonen wants out and Boston is the team?
Boston wouldn't need Lehtonen - they have tim Thomas, Manny Fernandez, Tuuka Rask and Brian Regan - their set there. I think ATL would be better off dealing with someone else.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Capa*

Quote:
He doesnt want out... but if he did the return would be for a first line forward

Old
08-28-2008, 09:00 AM
johnny canuckistan

Quote:
Your kidding right?

Prospect plus 4.5 mil Salary for a backup to Lehtonen for one of the premier (if not the premier) game changers in the league.

This is a joke right.
The entire thread is a joke.

johnny canuckistan is offline   Reply With Quote