HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos - Atl

Old
08-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Selanne08*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny canuckistan View Post
The entire thread is a joke.
Thanks for that useful comment.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Your kidding right?

Prospect plus 4.5 mil Salary for a backup to Lehtonen for one of the premier (if not the premier) game changers in the league.

This is a joke right.
Premier or the premier game changer ? Not so sure. I think the guys in D.C. would have something to say about that. I hope it was meant as a joke Kovi is a great player. Lehtonen = Manny (if healthy) Rask will be a Big time star in the NHL. Lehtonen = number 1B goalie at best. Just my opinion.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Safir*

Quote:
Your right. So whats your counter proposal if Lehtonen wants out and Boston is the team?
Lehtonen has always stressed that he likes it in Atlanta. IIRC he even spend the majority of the offseason in Atlanta several times.

Why does Boston even want Lehtonen? The whole proposal doesn't make a lot of sense for both teams, outside of salary cutting move for the B's.

Look at my list above and you'll get an idea, what the Thrashers want. Boston has a couple of nice centers! You'll hear the name Bergeron from Atlanta. Does Boston want Lehtonen badly enough, despite having Rask, to deal Bergeron? I don't think so.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa View Post
He doesnt want out... but if he did the return would be for a first line forward
Well the "RUMOR" in Finland is that he signed a 1yr-deal and will sign with a power team after next season. They were talking about the Red Wings but they have enough trouble with their salary cap right now.

I will try to find the link ASAP. I searched for it but couldn't find it at the moment. Plus every 5 secs I have to minimize the screen since I am at work

Old
08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Well the "RUMOR" in Finland is that he signed a 1yr-deal and will sign with a power team after next season. They were talking about the Red Wings but they have enough trouble with their salary cap right now.

I will try to find the link ASAP. I searched for it but couldn't find it at the moment. Plus every 5 secs I have to minimize the screen since I am at work
Well that would suck for the Thrashers but i dont think its going to happen...although part of me wants to see him with a Team like the Wings cuz im a massive Lehtonen fan too. Im at work as well lol, this thread is pushing aside my work haha

Capa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Safir*

Quote:

Lehtonen in still a RFA in 2009 and can't sign with anybody, unless the Thrashers trade him.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Premier or the premier game changer ? Not so sure. I think the guys in D.C. would have something to say about that. I hope it was meant as a joke Kovi is a great player. Lehtonen = Manny (if healthy) Rask will be a Big time star in the NHL. Lehtonen = number 1B goalie at best. Just my opinion.
Its cool that you dont watch hockey
Seriously though Im so confident saying that youve watched MAYBE 10 Thrashers games ever, what an ignorant comment.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:

Lehtonen is a RFA next season, not a UFA.. So Atlanta can match whatever other teams offers him..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
Lehtonen in still a RFA in 2009 and can't sign with anybody, unless the Thrashers trade him.
Right, that's what I didnt understand about it. Doesn't mean he has to sign with Thrashers though.

Maybe with the Russian league?

I wonder what kind of an offer he could fetch from those Russians?
5 year 30 million next year? Although I think NHL's teams woud be throwing that money soon anyway.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Right, that's what I didnt understand about it. Doesn't mean he has to sign with Thrashers though.
Do some research on the terms RFA and UFA!

Old
08-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Selanne08*

I'm sure the memory of how bad Lehtonen dominated Russia alone in the World Championships 2006 in Russia might make those crazy Russians throw up some extra millions.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
Do some research on the terms RFA and UFA!
Your point?

Old
08-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
I'm sure the memory of how bad Lehtonen dominated Russia alone in the World Championships 2006 in Russia might make those crazy Russians throw up some extra millions.

I doubt he wants to play in the RSL..

And I would love to see your link to where someone said he will sign with a "power team" next season.. If Atlanta wants to keep him, they will keep him..

Old
08-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
BOS Gets:
Lehtonen (3 mil, then RFA)

ATL Gets:
Fernandez (4.5 mil, the UFA)
Rask (.850 mil next 2 years then RFA)
2nd

Boston gets to shed some salary. A young star goalie who can win now giving them the option of letting Thomas go at the end of the year who will be an UFA anyway.

ATL gets to start the rebuild with Rask (yes I know they have pavelec but trade his lame ass for all I care) and a 2nd. Plus more salary to meet the floor.
Your kidding right?

So Boston gives up it's 1A goalie, it's best prospect and a second round pick for a goalie who has only played 150 NHL games and has been injured a lot in his brief NHL carreer.

This is the 4th Bruins trade proposal that I've seen in the past few days and we've been getting bent over all 4 times.

This is a joke right?

Last edited by Neely2005: 08-28-2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Fix Typo
Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Harbinger04

Quote:
Its cool that you dont watch hockey
Seriously though Im so confident saying that youve watched MAYBE 10 Thrashers games ever, what an ignorant comment.
how many games did lehtonen win last year? and how many did he save?
thanks

Harbinger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
I doubt he wants to play in the RSL..

And I would love to see your link to where someone said he will sign with a "power team" next season.. If Atlanta wants to keep him, they will keep him..
So far I can't find it. You can just discard that.
On a side note, I met one of his best friends, this chick who works at Casa Grande off of Peachtree Street in Atlanta. She had the damn family pass for all the Thrashers games from Lehtonen.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsftw! View Post
thanks
His record last season was 17-22-5

Put Lehtonen on a good team and he will dominate.. He is a great goalie but underrated because of where he plays.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Capa*

Quote:
thanks
LOL nice. We all know that the amount of games a Team wins is totally up to their goaltender no matter how bad the team is..GREAT argument

Old
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Your kidding right?

So Boston gives up it's 1A goalie, it's best prospect and a second round pick for a goalie who has played 50 NHL games and has been injured a lot in his brief NHL carreer.

This is the 4th Bruins trade proposal that I've seen in the past few days and we've been getting bent over all 4 times.

This is a joke right?
Are YOU kidding? Lehtonen has played 158games in the NHL recording 75wins. His career stats are extremely impressive. Keep thinking Manny is a star.

Old
08-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
thanks
so this is just like a baseball pitcher who may "suck" because he doesn't win games.

Roger Clemens in 2005 with Houston was 13-8! But he dominated batters and had an ERA of 1.87 (the lowest in the majors).

Oh well, I guess he sucks cause he can't win games.

Old
08-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Are YOU kidding? Lehtonen has played 158games in the NHL recording 75wins. His career stats are extremely impressive. Keep thinking Manny is a star.
Good to see someone knows how to look up stats before posting some nonsense. Lehtonen is a solid goalie with a bright future. He's coming off a bad year, playing behind a bad team last year.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
Good to see someone knows how to look up stats before posting some nonsense. Lehtonen is a solid goalie with a bright future. He's coming off a bad year, playing behind a bad team last year.
Hes not coming off a bad year. Best S% yet...tied career high in shutouts....Atlanta was HORRIBLE therefore it reflected his GAA and Wins. Lehtonen would be top7 in the eyes of EVERYONE if he played on a Canadian team.

Old
08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Magnus Fulgur

I'm not a huge Lehtonen fan, but the kid is good and he was one of the top five in the NHL after the ASG last season. He could certainly put together a run as good as MAF's Pittsburgh run in the playoffs on a good team with good coaching.

Kari is finally in good shape, and is taking his career very seriously. He's emerging from the "talented kid" phase. He's worth a lot.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Sorry typo that was supposed to be 150 not 50. If memory serves me he's only played one full season in the NHL.

Regardless he's injury prone and is not worth our starting goalie our best prospect and a second round pick.

Last edited by Neely2005: 08-28-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Haha Boston says no.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote