HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Chipchura Question

Old
08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
guapo23

vCash: 500
Chips was sent down because Smolinski was coming back from injury.
With all the problems Montreal was having signing free agents,
they had to give Smoke the ice time or look like jerks.

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:03 PM
albertabound

I found chipper. He is skating at the 3-3 Perry pearns camp in Edmonton. On the local radio station they said he was there along with oiler players and jerome ignila, Jay boumestier. They also said that his speed reach another level and his puck handling skills are great to watch.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
revin5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
This team in my view is a few pieces short of being a Legit Cup Contender, let's not kid ourselves here.
Same can be said now for San Jose, Anaheim, Pittsburgh... and Detroit (you know, the cup winners).

Well maybe not the exact same thing.. they (Detroit) are missing forward depth (despite how much love Cleary gets) and great goaltending, but are considered a legit contender on the strength of 4 players (and past showings).

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:12 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I found chipper. He is skating at the 3-3 Perry pearns camp in Edmonton. On the local radio station they said he was there along with oiler players and jerome ignila, Jay boumestier. They also said that his speed reach another level and his puck handling skills are great to watch.
Nice info, thanks.

Found this: http://www.perrypearns.com/Pearns200...tonPRO2008.pdf

Some big names on the past attendees lists.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
THE HOFF

[QUOTE=zurg999;15269360]My take: Got lost on a few plays, below average face-off percentage, and a decision that playing a key role in the AHL would benefit his development. Of course, with the team Hamilton had last season, that could now be second guessed.

I suspect that when Price and Chipchura were sent down it was questionable that either would be called back up again. The almost freakishly low number of injuries among the forwards ensured that Chipchura didn't get another call.[/QUOTE]

I like that part... cause lets face it, .... its the truth... only grabs played better and got the call up.... but on the depth chart, chip wasnt far of a call up... I agree

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
He sucked at face-offs and was lost im 50% of his games, easy decision to send him down...

There's no way that this guy starts as the Habs 3rd line center !! I mean, this is a contender cup team we are talking about !!

4th line center okay, but 3rd ? No way !!

Must this repetitious garbage be recycled in every thread? It's summer time, and elevated temperatures accelerate spoilage.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
He sucked at face-offs and was lost im 50% of his games, easy decision to send him down...

There's no way that this guy starts as the Habs 3rd line center !! I mean, this is a contender cup team we are talking about !!

4th line center okay, but 3rd ? No way !!

Considering we would've gotten destroyed by Pittsburgh if not for lights out goaltending and some shutdown ability on their top 2 lines, I say a more experienced Chipper IS a piece of a championship squad.

Seriously, lay off the Chips/Higgins hate, it's making you look unknowlegeable. But...maybe...you...just...are...

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Habruti!

I hope he is going to get a decent shot this year which someone else then Lats on his wing (not that I do not like Lats but the two of them on the same line is not a good thing as they are both below average skater). I whish MTL would consider what he could bring in a slightly more offensive role say if he was partnered with Higgins and S.Kostsitsyn. I think that this guy can bring a lot more to the table then being a shutdown guy. He has good hockey sense and protects the puck extreemly well along the boards, he is a good passer and has a decent shot. I can't see any reasons why he would not succeed with two linemates that are a little more offense driven ...

I would realy like to see this lineup this year ...
Kostsitsyn, Plekaneks, Kovalev
Tanguay, Koivu, Latendresse
Higgins, Chipchura, S.Kostsitsyn
Begin, Lats, Laraque

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
what went wrong?
This is so not the Chipchura question

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Considering we would've gotten destroyed by Pittsburgh if not for lights out goaltending and some shutdown ability on their top 2 lines, I say a more experienced Chipper IS a piece of a championship squad.

Seriously, lay off the Chips/Higgins hate, it's making you look unknowlegeable. But...maybe...you...just...are...
Except for the Here to Teach smiley, which I admit is a bit of a pain in the ass.

She was pretty accurate with her assessment of Chipchura's play last year before he was sent down. He showed a lot of great things, but his consistency was not quite what it should be. Plus like she said, he was horrible on face-offs.

Also, if we are to be a contending team this year. I would feel a lot more comfortable with a more experienced and offensive minded 3rd line center. Since they will probably be playing with Higgins and what ever winger that doesn't make the top 6.

08-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Except for the Here to Teach smiley, which I admit is a bit of a pain in the ass.

She was pretty accurate with her assessment of Chipchura's play last year before he was sent down. He showed a lot of great things, but his consistency was not quite what it should be. Plus like she said, he was horrible on face-offs.

Also, if we are to be a contending team this year. I would feel a lot more comfortable with a more experienced and offensive minded 3rd line center. Since they will probably be playing with Higgins and what ever winger that doesn't make the top 6.

Thank you dear friend

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:39 AM
revin5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
I hope he is going to get a decent shot this year which someone else then Lats on his wing (not that I do not like Lats but the two of them on the same line is not a good thing as they are both below average skater).
I don't know, the two of them would be a great fit with Lapierre on the RW, speed meaning nothing when you have three defensively responsible players with the grit to force the play the other way. Our depth doesn't really make that an option though as there's no way Sergei (the other low guy on the totem pole) is going to play on the 4th line.

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:41 AM
TheCH*

Chipchura got sent down because he couldn't win a face off and Lapierre is just plain better then he is.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:06 AM
albertabound

hahahahahahahahaha-must be from montreal

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Thank you dear friend
Corrected

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:14 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Chipchura got sent down because he couldn't win a face off and Lapierre is just plain better then he is.
as a fourth line energy winger i agree , lapierre is better but as a third line shut down center chipchura is easily the better option and it's not even close !

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
TheCH*

But we don't really need a specialty third line shut down center with the wingers we have. We can have 3 scoring lines who are all defensively responsible.

A. Kostitsyn Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu Latendresse
Higgins ?Lang? S. Kostitsyn
Lapierre Chipchura Laraque

Old
08-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you dear friend
Anytime

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:43 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
According to Herb Zurkowsky in the THN yearbook he lost a key faceoff late in the game that led to a goal and was sent down the next day. It doesn't mention which game and I have no recollection of it myself, so yeah...
Could it be against Washington?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:48 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Lapierre is a better faceoff man. After that, he only has his speed to brag about. Not a good shot, poor puck handling and no play making abilties to go with little to no hockey sense. Chiper is slow and bad on faceoff. Great offencive instinc that conplements his hockey vision. Just as good if not better in the corners.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
TheCH*

Chipchura wouldn't put up any better offensive numbers in the nhl then Lapierre. Offense is neither one of their forte's/

Old
08-28-2008, 10:06 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Chipchura wouldn't put up any better offensive numbers in the nhl then Lapierre. Offense is neither one of their forte's/
I think you're wrong after having watched both for two seasons in Hamilton. Lapierre put up some points because his speed at that level compensated for a lack of hands and puck sense. Chipchura has great hands and will put up points if he gets to play with skilled linemates.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:59 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
I think you're wrong after having watched both for two seasons in Hamilton. Lapierre put up some points because his speed at that level compensated for a lack of hands and puck sense. Chipchura has great hands and will put up points if he gets to play with skilled linemates.
Sounds like you see him as a second line center type. I see him as a 4th, 3rd at the absolute best.

Old
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
this only proves that you know crap about Chipchura

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:11 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
as a fourth line energy winger i agree , lapierre is better but as a third line shut down center chipchura is easily the better option and it's not even close !
That's the thing though, being a better option than Lapierre still doesn't make you qualified for 3rd line duty. So while he might be the better option, he's still not good enough.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote