HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Zherdev gone after the season?

Old
08-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Unk

vCash: 500
You do all know Staal isn't due for a raise for 2 seasons, not 1. By that point Naslund's $4 comes off the books, and potentially we could have Drury and Dawes as the top-6 LWs. Next season it's quite possible one of Sauer or Sanguinetti will be replacing one of Mara or Kalinin. The sky really isn't falling, but the team can't just go out and get big name players on the free market for a while.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
You do all know Staal isn't due for a raise for 2 seasons, not 1. By that point Naslund's $4 comes off the books, and potentially we could have Drury and Dawes as the top-6 LWs. Next season it's quite possible one of Sauer or Sanguinetti will be replacing one of Mara or Kalinin. The sky really isn't falling, but the team can't just go out and get big name players on the free market for a while.
Even so were still screwed.

08-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
And how's that? How big are the raises you think everyone's getting? Dawes and Dubinsky could very well have slump years, and I doubt when Staal gets a raise it's gonna be much more than to $4mil. The only player potentially looking for a real big raise is Zherdev and for all we know he could suck this season.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:59 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Also you forget that Dubinsky and Staal will also be due for some hefty raises, not to mention Korpedo AA and Chere will more likely then not be on the club next season with korpedo having a 1 mil contract along with Chere.

Betts will be re-signed still.

Between Mara, kalinin and Shannys bonuses theres a whoppppping total of what 5.5?

So figure Zherdev if he has a good season goes from 2.5 - 5 mil becuase if he has any sort of 70+ point 30+ goal season as were all expecting you know he will get that sort of money.

Dubinsky will prob. get about 2-3 million and Staal about 3ish.

So between Staal Dubi and Zherdev, there current salaries add up to about 5 million. After this year its about 11. So there goes that 5.5 cap room, + an additional 500k.

So theres all your cap room. You figure Dawes is due for a raise if he has any sort of decent year, at least 1.3ish thats a 700k increase.

With that money from Mara and kalinin going to STaal dubi and Zherdev, what the hell are you gonna do, have 4 defenseman?

Say we go with two rookies, Sanguenetti and Sauer. Thats 1.7 million, + Dawes increase thats 2.4 million + Korpedo' Chere, and AA's salaries of around 2.4 ish + the 1.7 means your already 4.1 over the cap.

Sather has CAP ****ed us. The end.
Take it easy, chicken little. The sky isn't falling. Slats will handle it.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Not a single person here has any idea of what this team will look like next year. We don't even know what this team will look like to start this season.

There is absolutely no sense in worrying about the cap situation next year when we don't even know what the cap is going to be. There are literally hundreds of different scenarios that could play out between now and next July.

Could Zherdev bolt for Russia next year? Sure he could. But he could also tally 35G/50A and want to stick around. Anisimov could get a call up during the year and he could become better friends with Artem than Radulov. There's just no way to tell.

Frankly, I think if he has a good year, he'll be a lock to stay in NY. Playing at the Garden with a players coach like Renney and an influx of young Russian talent coming in, he could feel right at home.

What's that saying? Worrying is like a rocking chair? It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not a single person here has any idea of what this team will look like next year. We don't even know what this team will look like to start this season.

There is absolutely no sense in worrying about the cap situation next year when we don't even know what the cap is going to be. There are literally hundreds of different scenarios that could play out between now and next July.

Could Zherdev bolt for Russia next year? Sure he could. But he could also tally 35G/50A and want to stick around. Anisimov could get a call up during the year and he could become better friends with Artem than Radulov. There's just no way to tell.

Frankly, I think if he has a good year, he'll be a lock to stay in NY. Playing at the Garden with a players coach like Renney and an influx of young Russian talent coming in, he could feel right at home.

What's that saying? Worrying is like a rocking chair? It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Exactly how I feel.

Keep worrying about the cap guys, after all, thats the whole reason why we enjoy sports - to talk line combos that never happen and ***** about salaries we dont pay

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
anyone know if Zherdev ever played LW???

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
anyone know if Zherdev ever played LW???
He was almost always a RW in Columbus. He is a right handed shot. I think he played a few games as a LW in 06/07. He and Nash were playing with Fedorov and he had the forwards switch sides to see if it worked better. That experiment didn't last long IIRC.

But, Columbus has always been LW heavy and he was more valuable on the right.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:02 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
He was almost always a RW in Columbus. He is a right handed shot. I think he played a few games as a LW in 06/07. He and Nash were playing with Fedorov and he had the forwards switch sides to see if it worked better. That experiment didn't last long IIRC.

But, Columbus has always been LW heavy and he was more valuable on the right.
what about in russia?? do u know if he played both sides, reason i ask is cause the rangers lately brought in players that can play more than one forward position like centre and lw or centre and rw or lw and rw.

Old
08-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
what about in russia?? do u know if he played both sides, reason i ask is cause the rangers lately brought in players that can play more than one forward position like centre and lw or centre and rw or lw and rw.
who?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:36 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
who?
Drury, Fritsche, Korpikoski, Moore, Prucha can play center as well and from the last 2 years Straka, Cullen, Avery you can add to that.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
No idea. Sorry.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Selanne08*

Such a waste of natural talent.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
ebn

Is Zherdev going to KHL. Is Cherepanov going to come over.

You guys do realize the way you are acting to Russian player should not be drafted because let's face it he might go back to Russia. I think Zherdev will be a Ranger because Rangers will do everything to keep him and Cherepanov will come over because Rangers will do everything to make it happen. Sather realizes these are young players the future and they must be brought in and signed. This is not over the hill Jagr who by the way wants top notch millions of dollars.

Zherdev has to perform if he does than he will get paid.
Also New York is the best City to play in. I don't know anybody who didn't like it.
The only one who left was Jagr and like I said he wanted millions.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Drury, Fritsche, Korpikoski, Moore, Prucha can play center as well and from the last 2 years Straka, Cullen, Avery you can add to that.
Drury....he played left wing with the avs...7 years ago..

Prucha played center on the power play for a handful of games....THREE years ago..

Fritchse.....how many games have you seen him play?

Moore? come on...is he a depth player..

korpikoski is the only guy you listed that can be pencilled in at three postions...

Straka-was used at center by default...same with avery...

Cullen? when did he play winger with the Rangers?

Old
08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

Prucha played center on the power play for a handful of games....THREE years ago..

korpikoski is the only guy you listed that can be pencilled in at three postions...

Fritsche's whole career, save Columbus he was a natural centre. Prucha was a natural centre in Czech, and Drury was a Wing/Centre in BU.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Fritsche's whole career, save Columbus he was a natural centre. Prucha was a natural centre in Czech, and Drury was a Wing/Centre in BU.
fritsches whole career is in columbus....right?

prucha hasn't played center in the nhl..

drury was a wing/center at BU? who cares that's not the nhl...

heck these guys could probably play defense if need be, that doesn't mean they should..

Old
08-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
fritsches whole career is in columbus....right?

prucha hasn't played center in the nhl..

drury was a wing/center at BU? who cares that's not the nhl...

heck these guys could probably play defense if need be, that doesn't mean they should..
okay, Fritsche was Center on every team he has played for Prior to the NHL. and Drury has played both Wing and Center in the NHL. but you did get me stumped on the Prucha part, ill give you that.

Old
08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

pock can play forward and defense as well if he makes the team

Old
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
okay, Fritsche was Center on every team he has played for Prior to the NHL. and Drury has played both Wing and Center in the NHL. but you did get me stumped on the Prucha part, ill give you that.
Fritsche wasn't a full time center in the NHL....

Drury can play wing but it doesn't mean he should..it weakens the one postion of strength the Rangers have...

Old
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Fritsche wasn't a full time center in the NHL....
thats why i said prior...

Quote:
Drury can play wing but it doesn't mean he should..it weakens the one postion of strength the Rangers have...
Drury has won stanley cups a wing. and you said that maybe the kids should play, that is your argument for not having Shanahan. You can bump Anisimov up to 3rd line center and Dubinsky up to 2nd line center

Old
08-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
thats why i said prior...
so if your theory works for prucha why doesn't it work for fritsche.....isn't the czech league just as "prior"?

Quote:
Drury has won stanley cups a wing. and you said that maybe the kids should play, that is your argument for not having Shanahan. You can bump Anisimov up to 3rd line center and Dubinsky up to 2nd line center

no, my argument for not signing shanny is that the kids will resent him and his farewell tour. they will be bumped for a 40 year old who made Colton Orr look like Bonnie Blair.

I don't think the Rangers should move Drury to wing anytime soon...the drury situation and the shanny situations are way diffrent...good try though!

Old
08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

but you're missing the point.... they can all play different positions.... and play pretty effectively. Of course they all are stronger at one position than another, but the fact is is that they can all play center or wing.

and Drury is a better winger than center to bad we use him at center. i swear I hope Artem is ready this year so Dubs goes up to 2c Ani is at 3c and drury is at wing. Although we could see Korps at 3c.

also Straka started his career as a center. WE switched him to WING. Same w/ Avery.

Cullen plays some wing for Carolina i believe. just b/c we didn't use him there doesn't mean he can't play it.

Moore could become more than a depth player. he did lead our AHL team in scoring. give him a chance before you write him off.

Fritshce I am going from what columbus fans have said, and by what I have read. Still he does play both.

Prucha came into the league as a center, and we switched him over. But he can play center if need be or there is an emergency.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

damn, seems like every thread I go to, SoS and Gongshow are hissy-fighting together.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
but you're missing the point.... they can all play different positions.... and play pretty effectively. Of course they all are stronger at one position than another, but the fact is is that they can all play center or wing.

and Drury is a better winger than center to bad we use him at center. i swear I hope Artem is ready this year so Dubs goes up to 2c Ani is at 3c and drury is at wing. Although we could see Korps at 3c.

also Straka started his career as a center. WE switched him to WING. Same w/ Avery.

Cullen plays some wing for Carolina i believe. just b/c we didn't use him there doesn't mean he can't play it.

Moore could become more than a depth player. he did lead our AHL team in scoring. give him a chance before you write him off.

Fritshce I am going from what columbus fans have said, and by what I have read. Still he does play both.

Prucha came into the league as a center, and we switched him over. But he can play center if need be or there is an emergency.
1. Drury isnt a better winger then center...if that was the case he'd be a winger

2. straka started his career as a center but WE were not the team that moved him to winger..

3. Cullen is a bad example, YOU aren't even sure if he played winger in carolina...

4. Fritchse can play both but it doesn't mean he should play both...

5. Prucha came into the league as a LW..