HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McCabe Trade Ideas...

Old
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
Well according to the Toronto Sun yesterday they said it is most likely to be Zednik and Van Ryan since the two of them almost equal the McCabe contract value... Keep in mind that they also said that Zednik might nto be included b/c Florida is weak on forwards as is

Hopefully, Toronto will also get a pick or prospect out of the deal. Otherwise, it seems a bit unfair to me.

08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
DougGilmour93

I think we both can agree that McCabe and what he brings to the table is worth more than what he would bring in a trade these days.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I think we both can agree that McCabe and what he brings to the table is worth more than what he would bring in a trade these days.
Absolutely.

This is all just part of the craziness of the post-CBA world. Without all the money and contract issues, a physical dman who scored 50 points a year should have some nice market value.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Absolutely.

This is all just part of the craziness of the post-CBA world. Without all the money and contract issues, a physical dman who scored 50 points a year should have some nice market value.
He'd have better value, if Toronto's management hadn't threatened his future with the team and then allowed the media to report it.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
IrishSniper87

As a Flyers fan, I wonder if Knuble could be included in this trade talk, just to balance contracts. Hatcher is LTIR or waived for sure, but that leaves the Flyers with only 1-1.5 million UNDER the cap. McCabe makes nearly 5.

How about Randy Jones and Mike Knuble for McCabe, lol.

Thats pretty much the only way the Flyers could stay under the cap!! Throw in some picks or something and maybe Upshall and the Leafs don't get screwed to bad.

I say McCabe is worth more to Toronto then he is to Philly, as least with what Philly would need to do to get under the cap.

I say Philly sticks with

Timonen - Coburn
Jones (YUCKYUCKYUCK) - Eminger
Parent - Vaananen
Kukkonen
Bodruv

Hatcher (LTIR, Waivers, just gone)

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:04 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger73549 View Post
As a Flyers fan, I wonder if Knuble could be included in this trade talk, just to balance contracts. Hatcher is LTIR or waived for sure, but that leaves the Flyers with only 1-1.5 million UNDER the cap. McCabe makes nearly 5.

Thats pretty much the only way the Flyers could stay under the cap!! Throw in some picks or something and maybe Upshall and the Leafs don't get screwed to bad.

I say McCabe is worth more to Toronto then he is to Philly, as least with what Philly would need to do to get under the cap.

I say Philly sticks with

Timonen - Coburn
Parent - Vaananen
Kukkonen
Bodruv

I think Knuble and Jones is fair trade value for McCabe.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
I think Knuble and Jones is fair trade value for McCabe.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
AC Le Rock

what are you laughing at, your team hasn't made the playoffs for three years, better take what you can get bud.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:13 PM
JPurp26

man i hope your kidding on that Buffalo Proposal that isn't even close

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
what are you laughing at, your team hasn't made the playoffs for three years, better take what you can get bud.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Roo

Quote:

Old
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:

Sorry, that's sig worthy.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:54 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger73549 View Post

I say Philly sticks with

Timonen - Coburn
Parent - Vaananen
Kukkonen
Bodruv

If Upshall was in the deal somehow, than I'd be all for it...

McCabe for Knuble, Upshall, and one of Jones/Kukkonen/Syvret.

Old
08-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
McCabe Trade Ideas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple ideas I thought I'd throw around if McCabe did decide to waive his NMC clause.

1) Florida

McCabe for Van Ryn, and one of McArdle/Stewert/Repik/Dadonov/Zednik

2) Tampa Bay

McCabe for Ranger and one of Craig/Tyrell

3) Buffalo

McCabe for Spacek and McArthur or Afinogenov and one of Weber/Butler/Schutz/Mancari

4) Philadelphia

McCabe for Upshall and one of Kukkonen/Eminger/Syvret

Thoughts? Suggestions? Feel free to leave some constructive criticisms.
Here we go with another set of awful toronto to anyone trade offers.If i were a Buffalo,Tampa or Florida fan i would have flamed the crap out of those offers.Many of these offers have very high end prospects coming back to Toronto that is a JOKE.
As a Flyer fan the value is pretty close but the flyers have no room for a bloated contract especially because of the NMC.

I do not understand why many leaf fans do not realize that Mccabe`s value is worthless presently.Until after Mccabe gets his cap hit is huge and the fact that he is being stubborn to waive his clause.
Supposedly Toronto and FLorida have worked out some sort of deal post the 2 million bonus.I would expect it to be Mccabe 4 Van ryan or something very close to that.

Ill bet over the last 2 months there have been 200 or so trades proposed on these boards and 70% or so have had the Leafs involved were they would **** and pillage another team for prospects and picks.STOP and think before before u offer someone like coliacovo or Poni or white for a 1st round pick.
The only 3 players on your team worth a 1st round pick or a top tier prospect are Kaberle , Toskala(maybe),Steen(maybe).

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
Here we go with another set of awful toronto to anyone trade offers.If i were a Buffalo,Tampa or Florida fan i would have flamed the crap out of those offers.Many of these offers have very high end prospects coming back to Toronto that is a JOKE.
As a Flyer fan the value is pretty close but the flyers have no room for a bloated contract especially because of the NMC.

I do not understand why many leaf fans do not realize that Mccabe`s value is worthless presently.Until after Mccabe gets his cap hit is huge and the fact that he is being stubborn to waive his clause.
Supposedly Toronto and FLorida have worked out some sort of deal post the 2 million bonus.I would expect it to be Mccabe 4 Van ryan or something very close to that.

Ill bet over the last 2 months there have been 200 or so trades proposed on these boards and 70% or so have had the Leafs involved were they would **** and pillage another team for prospects and picks.STOP and think before before u offer someone like coliacovo or Poni or white for a 1st round pick.
The only 3 players on your team worth a 1st round pick or a top tier prospect are Kaberle , Toskala(maybe),Steen(maybe).
Ummm, there is no top end prospects in any of those trade proposals. They are all 2nd tier or lower, mostly lower. Maybe you should rethink what you post.

McCabe does have value. He's just not worth what a normal 50 to 60th producer on the backend would be as all the media scrutiny is killing his trade value.

Old
08-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Sneekypete

Rigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Hopefully, Toronto will also get a pick or prospect out of the deal. Otherwise, it seems a bit unfair to me.
Your saying Van Ryn+Zednik for McCabe is an unfair trade for Toronto? You do know that Toronto was considering buying out McCabe's contract not to long ago don't you. That doesn't improve his trade value now does it. And here they are going to get at least one player for someone they were going to buy out and get noone for. I just don't think a pick will be included unless another good player is coming back along with McCabe.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:39 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Your saying Van Ryn+Zednik for McCabe is an unfair trade for Toronto? You do know that Toronto was considering buying out McCabe's contract not to long ago don't you. That doesn't improve his trade value now does it. And here they are going to get at least one player for someone they were going to buy out and get noone for. I just don't think a pick will be included unless another good player is coming back along with McCabe.
Toronto never wanted to buy out his contract. That's what people were speculating. To buy him out would make no sense. Mccabe still brings alot to the table.

Old
08-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Roo

Quote:
Your saying Van Ryn+Zednik for McCabe is an unfair trade for Toronto? You do know that Toronto was considering buying out McCabe's contract not to long ago don't you.
No, that is fiction. Even Fletcher said, numerous times, that a buyout is not an option with McCabe because it makes no sense at all.

How is that fair value? Two guys coming off major injuries with question marks around them for a top pairing defenseman?

Why would the leafs want zednik, how does that help us?

Old
08-29-2008, 08:40 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
Rigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt.

And this is where we part ways.

Old
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
If Upshall was in the deal somehow, than I'd be all for it...

McCabe for Knuble, Upshall, and one of Jones/Kukkonen/Syvret.
So who else would be going to Philly besides McCabe because McCabe is being rumored to be traded for Van Ryn and that is it and your proposal has him going to Philly for 3 players?

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
DougGilmour93

Truth be told, Florida and Toronto don't make good trade partners in this instance. I personally don't like Florida's assets, aside from Horton, Booth, Bouwmeester and Matthias. All of which would never be involved in a trade like this at this stage of the game.

I think Toronto should deal with Philly. McCabe on Philly partnering with Tommonen would be crazy.

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 08-29-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
So who else would be going to Philly besides McCabe because McCabe is being rumored to be traded for Van Ryn and that is it and your proposal has him going to Philly for 3 players?
The rumour with Florida has Van Ryn and something else. Zednik and Stewart have been names that have come up in talks.

The deal would really be Jones and Upshall for McCabe, the other poster suggested they add in Knuble for their own sake to dump some salary to make it easier to take on McCabes. Not to mention free up a spot for one of their up and comers (Giroux most likely) So kinda addition by subtraction in that case.

Old
08-29-2008, 08:50 AM
IranCondraAffair

Let's say Ottawa loses Meszaros, who do you think Toronto would want from Ottawa for him?

a forward? Picks?

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:53 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioJoeCorvo View Post
Let's say Ottawa loses Meszaros, who do you think Toronto would want from Ottawa for him?

a forward? Picks?
I'd love to see Vermette in Blue in White. One for one straight up. Would that be feasible?