HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most Hated Devil

View Poll Results: Who is your most hated Devil?
Martin Brodeur 134 65.37%
Scott Stevens 23 11.22%
Claude Lemieux 21 10.24%
Bobby Holik 7 3.41%
Randy Mckay 0 0%
John Madden 7 3.41%
Colin White 6 2.93%
Ken Daneyko 7 3.41%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-28-2008, 03:45 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Why are Devil fans voting on this poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Scott Gomez
Funny... or not.

Anyway, Marty runs away with this.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Hated Claude Lemieux, any Lemieux for that matter Good player, but man it was easy to hate him. Still pissed at that OT winner in '86

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Why are Devil fans voting on this poll?

Funny... or not.

Anyway, Marty runs away with this.
We had some of your posters vote for Holik and Lindros on ours.... i found it funny.

I'd vote Daneyko

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:35 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

For me its a toss up between Holik and Brodeur. I can't believe that ass hole was on the Rangers.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:37 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Brodeur. Alot of that is because of what he's done in his career though, and I'm sure he loves that alot of Rangers fans share my feelings.

A guy to watch in the future is David Clarkson. I absolutely can't stand the guy.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
thesnake

I went with Brodeur for his complete inability to give credit to others, and his willingness to blame his teammates when things go bad.

I wouldnt think Clarkson will be around long enough to really have an impact. He seems like a marginal player at best... you have to have some skill to really have an impact and become a truly hated player.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
I wouldnt think Clarkson will be around long enough to really have an impact. He seems like a marginal player at best... you have to have some skill to really have an impact and become a truly hated player.
Totally disagree. I think Clarkson is a legit NHLer. He had a very respectable first season racking up more points than the entire Ranger 4th line, put together, Petr Prucha and Fred Sjostrom.

And he's going to be a pain in the Rangers rear for years.

08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Totally disagree. I think Clarkson is a legit NHLer. He had a very respectable first season racking up more points than the entire Ranger 4th line, put together, Petr Prucha and Fred Sjostrom.

And he's going to be a pain in the Rangers rear for years.
Really?? Most of my Devil fans friends dont like the guys game at all. I wasnt overly impressed from what little I've seen of him... maybe I'm just relying on thier word too much.

As for racking up more points that the NYR 4th line... well, thats kinda impressive, until you look at the 4th line LOL...

I'll have to take a closer look this season I guess...

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I can't hate Marty, he's one of the best goalies of all time.....I have never hated him. Stevens to me was always the face of that team anyhow and the captain, he is my most hated Devil of all time.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:54 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Really?? Most of my Devil fans friends dont like the guys game at all. I wasnt overly impressed from what little I've seen of him... maybe I'm just relying on thier word too much.

As for racking up more points that the NYR 4th line... well, thats kinda impressive, until you look at the 4th line LOL...

I think it's easy to get frustrated with players who don't do a whole lot offensively in a season where the offense suffers, so that may explain it. Also, he was the closest thing to a "replacement" for one of the more beloved non-Allstar-level Devils in recent times, Cam Janssen, and doesn't play at all like Cam (aka, he can play hockey as well as cannonball and rile up the crowd). The general consensus is that he can be a Randy McKay type player who can be a pest but also chip in offensively here and there. He's 99% likely to never be a 30 goal guy, but I can see him putting up around 30-40 points a season once he's developed more. Specifically, he needs work on his skating, which takes away from both his all-around play as well as his checking. He led the team in hits this year, but also probably led the team in slips and spills. But he has pretty good play at both ends, and better hands than you'd typically expect from a 4th (or 3rd) line grinder/pest like him. I think that Holik should have a good effect on helping him develop into a more effective player, if they are on a line together.

But yeah, as soon as I saw this thread it was obvious Marty was gonna win it.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

I voted for Colin White. Because I hate him

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:06 PM
pzilla3

Claude Lemieux without a doubt.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:51 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

My top 5...

1. Brodeur: Whining, Diving, diminishing others accomplishments, sleeping with your sister in law, and then calling someone else classless, the list goes on. I respect his talent, but as a person, I have no respect for that Grade-A piece of trash. I still think a large portion of his wins come from playing behind great defenders like Stevens and Niedermayer for many years, but he's the only thing holding Jersey back from becoming a Mickey Mouse team again.

2. Pandolfo: I think Pandolfo is a terribly overrated hack with marginal ability. He's so great at "shadowing..." or in reality what is holding and hooking the life out of opposing forwards in and behind the play. If he got called for half of the crap he did, he'd be public enemy #1 among Jersey fans, because they'd have to score an unreal amount of shorthanded goals to win games.

3. Colin White: Total cheap-shot artist. He wouldn't be an NHL defenseman if it wasn't for the fact that he's 6'3 and about 220 pounds. If the NHL really wants to start cracking down on shots to the head and extra curricular crap behind the play, Colin White is one of the poster children of who they should be going after.

4. Bobby Holik: A big mouth, not enough skill to back that big mouth up, quite possibly the ugliest mother ****er this side of east jesus, and a terrible looking unibrow to boot. Not only that, but he's a Devil again, he has to make my top 5.

5. Claude LePuke: The dirtiest player to ever play the game, but he actually had talent. How Devils fans yapped off about Avery is beyond me when they used to adore this guy's antics.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:57 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Can't hate Stevens or McKay, they were relatively clean players (aside from Stevens getting his elbows up a bit on a few big hits, not all) and they played the game hard. They were pains in the ***** for the Rangers to play against, and didn't run their mouths to the media like Holik or Brodeur.

Stevens is pound for pound one of the best defenders ever, whoever says otherwise clearly has their goggles on.

As much as I hated seeing it... when he destroyed Slava Kozlov's world, and then told Darren McCarty that he was next... that was badass.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:53 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
this one is pretty easy. Brodeur just because of the many times he's showed how classless he is, which is a shame cause he is one of the all-time greats. another thing that makes it easy is despite the Devils being one of our biggest rivals, they have had many likable and respectable players over the years. During our drought I was actually quite envious of the many of the type of players they had. They turned a 3rd line grinder in McKay to a legitimate goal scorer, Holik was hated cause he was so damn hard playing against shutting down our top lines. And Stevens, how can you not like the guy, one of the most feared D-men ever. I liked the make up of their team for many of the years, loved guys like Gilmour, Arnott, Elias, they were an extremely efficient team during those years even if they did trap a lot...

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
We had some of your posters vote for Holik and Lindros on ours.... i found it funny.

I'd vote Daneyko
+1

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Cry baby, not even close.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
CMac17
Scaaaaaaar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Cry baby, not even close.
You're in the wrong poll man, this belongs over on the "Most Hated Ranger" poll on the Devils board

Just messin' (no pun intended)... I can't wait for more HOCKEY and the only thing that brings me anywhere near that level of emotion in the summer is trash talk between Rangers and Devils fans

CMac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

The gutless puke. Not because he played for the Devils, but because he was a gutless puke.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Sockosensei

Stephane Richer

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 01:11 AM
rickyrod

Can't stand Marty.

Actually, I like John Madden. He's the only player they've got that I wouldn't mind on our team. Can't see it happening, though, unless the parade to screw Lou continues. But he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 03:57 AM
Macke*

Stevens, Brodeur, Lemieux you can't go wrong with any of those dirty devils.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
dynamoovechkin

Lou Lamoriello.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Hypernova

Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:

Your Devil fan friends are retarded. Everybody loves Clarkson, he's an animal.

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Janssen25

Quote:
Your Devils fan friends are total retards. I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't like his game. He was a rookie who plays a tough game, fights, hits, and shows signs of having some decent hockey talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
My top 5...

1. Brodeur: Whining, Diving, diminishing others accomplishments, sleeping with your sister in law, and then calling someone else classless, the list goes on. I respect his talent, but as a person, I have no respect for that Grade-A piece of trash. I still think a large portion of his wins come from playing behind great defenders like Stevens and Niedermayer for many years, but he's the only thing holding Jersey back from becoming a Mickey Mouse team again.

2. Pandolfo: I think Pandolfo is a terribly overrated hack with marginal ability. He's so great at "shadowing..." or in reality what is holding and hooking the life out of opposing forwards in and behind the play. If he got called for half of the crap he did, he'd be public enemy #1 among Jersey fans, because they'd have to score an unreal amount of shorthanded goals to win games.
These two scream of sour grapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The gutless puke. Not because he played for the Devils, but because he was a gutless puke.
Avery never played for the Devils

Janssen25 is offline   Reply With Quote