HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Bay - Pittsburgh

Old
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay - Pittsburgh

To Tampa Bay: TBL 3rd Round Pick

To Pittsburgh: Michel Ouellet

OR

To Tampa Bay: TBL 3rd Round Pick, PIT 5th Round Pick

To Pittsburgh: Jussi Jokinen

Tampa Bay does this to aquire their 3rd round pick back in order to be able to offer Meszaros an offer sheet

Pittsburgh does this to aquire another top 6 winger, becasue they need more of those

I could see one of these deals or something along the lines of them going down soon, because I think that the team that gave the offer sheet to Mezzy was Tampa

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I think TB prefers to keep Jokinen. With that defense they need all the scoring they can get.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Gumbercules

Pit declined to give Ouellet a QO just a year ago, which in short means Shero thinks he sucks.

Gumbercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Lone Rogue

I got a better deal:

To Pittsburgh
Ryan Malone

To Tampa Bay
Ruslan Fedotenko

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
I don't think Shero helps Tampa Bay out like this without them taking Sydor off our hands, which basically defeats the purpose because they don't have the cap room for Meszaros as it is.

I'd love to see Jokinen in a Pens jersey though.

Super Sniper Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
fizban

Ouellet- no, for obvious reasons.

Jokinen- Pittsburgh has the upper hand in this negotiation by a huge margin, and they're going to take advantage of TBL if TBL wants to deal. Jokinen and a 4th for Sydor and their 3rd. TB might have to waive Sydor to make the room, but they're not exactly in any position to be dictating terms.

fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:21 PM
66-29-33

Add Sydor to the list and it's a done deal for Jokinen.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

I would love the Pens to get Jokinen for a few reasons.

1- He has the ability to be the difference in the shootout, and shootout points add up. 5-8 points form shootouts could be the difference between home ice advantage in the playoff or being a bottom seed.

2- He gives the penguins another offensive threat in the top 3 lines

3- Most importantly, he is good friends with Janne Pesonen and would greatly help Pez' chances of becoming an NHL player. If Pez can quickly adjust the NHL, he has the offensive ability to be a top 6 winger, and the Pens are looking for a scoring winger to play with Sid.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbercules View Post
Pit declined to give Ouellet a QO just a year ago, which in short means Shero thinks he sucks.
A point that the entire Penguins fan base endorses. Not to mention you can't just throw a winger to the Penguins and suggest that he plugs a top 6 winger role...Oullet is a RWer and the Penguins are set for this season at least with Satan and Sykora there. The LW jobs are wide open, but Oullet can't play LW (then again can he really play RW?).

I doubt Tampa would want to trade Jokinen, but if they were the team that went after Mezsaros then this one makes more sense. Jokinen is a LWer who could potentially compete with countryman Janne Pesonen for top six time in Pittsburgh. Tampa would still probably want a player closer to the NHL than a pick in return. I doubt Pittsburgh would have much trouble substituting that fifth round pick for a Ryan Stone or Danny Richmond.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 08-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote