HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto-San Jose

Old
08-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I would like to start by saying that i would think to most fans that are not S.J. fans Bryan McCabe, Antropov and Colaiacovo together are well worth Michalek value wise.i do understand the Sharks maybe not wanting to do this trade because it does leave a small hole in their lineup.[replacing Michalek]
On your last para-If thats so than there is no chance that the Sharks ever land Kabs because if the leafs have to give up Kabs and a left winger to replace Michalek you better be ready to add Vlasic + on top of Michalek.
That depends on what your definition of value is. Value is going to take into account the contracts of every player that's in the deal and, with that, there is nobody that would take those three players in at the expense of Milan Michalek. In terms of team specific needs, what does it address for the Sharks? Nothing. They lose an impact forward on the top line to get two defensemen they don't need and a 2nd line player. Don't see what value you're trying to lure the Sharks with.

Bryan McCabe is a good player and is a top pairing defenseman but is on the lower tier of those types of players and is one of the most expensive. Antropov is nothing special and Colaiacovo can't stay healthy long enough to be productive. Milan Michalek is 23, will be making the average amount for the kind of player he is which is an average top line two-way winger with the potential to reach top ten status on the wing.

As for the whole Kaberle thing, he is a top 15...maybe 10 defenseman in the league. I'm not going to take anything away from him. He doesn't have many, if any, weaknesses in his game, has an exceptionally reasonable contract, and is in his prime. However, in nobody's world is he worth two top-end young talents in the NHL like Michalek and Vlasic. Also, there is nobody on the Leafs roster that could be added to make up the humongous difference in value that is between the two Sharks players and Kaberle. And even if they had, it would be unreasonable for the Sharks to lose all that youth to acquire someone like Kaberle when they have Dan Boyle and Rob Blake this season.

The Leafs and Sharks don't really make great trading partners right now. The Sharks really would only be interested in dealing one of Brad Lukowich or Kyle McLaren and I just don't see the Leafs being interested in adding salary at this point.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
WeezyHabFan

vCash: 500
please stop making proposals

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote