HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Zherdev gone after the season?

Old
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
damn, seems like every thread I go to, SoS and Gongshow are hissy-fighting together.
i'm not having a hissyfit...

i'm debating relevent points with another poster....isn't that what a message board is for?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:31 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
1. Drury isnt a better winger then center...if that was the case he'd be a winger

2. straka started his career as a center but WE were not the team that moved him to winger..

3. Cullen is a bad example, YOU aren't even sure if he played winger in carolina...

4. Fritchse can play both but it doesn't mean he should play both...

5. Prucha came into the league as a LW..
Cullen has played wing at times last year and can play the point on the PP, but did not as a Ranger. does that mean if the canes have injury issues will they put Cullen on d

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
D713B

Quote:
i'm not having a hissyfit...

i'm debating relevent points with another poster....isn't that what a message board is for?
Yeah but his original point was only that the Rangers have acquired a number of players recently that possess the ability to play multiple positions. He never said that they should, only that they could. You're both correct, I don't see what else there is to debate.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
1. Drury isnt a better winger then center...if that was the case he'd be a winger

2. straka started his career as a center but WE were not the team that moved him to winger..

3. Cullen is a bad example, YOU aren't even sure if he played winger in carolina...

4. Fritchse can play both but it doesn't mean he should play both...

5. Prucha came into the league as a LW..
Drury played center for us b/c that was a need he filled. If Ani is ready to seriously step up, the most logical choice to move to wing is Drury. If this happens this year would you consider Drury a better winger than? Drury fills the need of center, and did the same w/ Buffalo. In Colorado he was a winger, but than a vacancy opened up for center and they moved him there. Doesn't mean he is better here or there, just means that he filled a need and does it well. YOU of all people should know about filling a need.

2. So than you do agree that Straka can play center and wing. So why didn't you earlier?

3. How is he a bad example? he did. renney just completely screwed the pooch in using him. especially on the PP.

4. Again this whole convo was about people WHO could. and Fritsche can handle it and do it effectively and not be a detriment to a team.

5. Still doesn't change the fact taht his natural position was center. HE FILLED A NEED ON WING, and played well there so we kept him there. doesn't mean he forgot how to play center.

again, all these players CAN play both wing and center. that was the ENTIRE point. why are you being so thickheaded? out of this entire groupe maybe only Prucha at center could/would be a detriment to the team. the others can play either or.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Has Zherdev had an interview yet with his views on the trade? He's a quiet guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't said anything yet.

Fritsche played center in juniors and USA WJC teams, played wing (usually right) in the pros. He only played center when there was an injury midgame or something and they needed someone to fill in.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Fataldogg

I think it depends on the year he has. Right now, with Redden, Gomez, Drury, Lundqvist, Roszival, and even Naslund having a healthy two year deal; all of which is already $36.5+ million between six players. If Zheradev, a young kid with a load of talent, one of the most anticipated drafts the year he came in, has shown potential, etc; can put up a 35 - 40 goal year in the Big Apple after coming off a 27 goal / 60+ point season than other NHL teams would likely be offering him a healthy contract of ~ $5 million+ a year. In which case we'd be hard pressed to afford another contract like that.

And we also have to factor in whether or not he'd actually like to play in the KHL which is also a strong possibility. Hopefully if we lose Zheradev next season we will be welcoming in Cherapenov to replace him. I think a year with playing with Jagr will do that kid wonders. HOPEFULLY he comes to the NHL next season.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:39 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Even though I'm a Devils fan, I'd hate to see Zherdev leave. Of course, I'd rather he go to a different team after/during this season, but if it means staying with the Rags or going to the KHL, I'd rather play him 6 times a year. He's a very exciting player and WAS one of my favorite "not quite there yet" talents in the league. I used to get him often in fantasy drafts in 2k franchises.

But a prediction... I think he stays in NY for this season, then gets picked up by the Senators or the Sharks at ~4.4m for 3 years, over the summer.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Even though I'm a Devils fan, I'd hate to see Zherdev leave. Of course, I'd rather he go to a different team after/during this season, but if it means staying with the Rags or going to the KHL, I'd rather play him 6 times a year. He's a very exciting player and WAS one of my favorite "not quite there yet" talents in the league. I used to get him often in fantasy drafts in 2k franchises.

But a prediction... I think he stays in NY for this season, then gets picked up by the Senators or the Sharks at ~4.4m for 3 years, over the summer.
4.4? i'd match the offer sheet.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not a single person here has any idea of what this team will look like next year. We don't even know what this team will look like to start this season.

There is absolutely no sense in worrying about the cap situation next year when we don't even know what the cap is going to be. There are literally hundreds of different scenarios that could play out between now and next July.

Could Zherdev bolt for Russia next year? Sure he could. But he could also tally 35G/50A and want to stick around. Anisimov could get a call up during the year and he could become better friends with Artem than Radulov. There's just no way to tell.

Frankly, I think if he has a good year, he'll be a lock to stay in NY. Playing at the Garden with a players coach like Renney and an influx of young Russian talent coming in, he could feel right at home.

What's that saying? Worrying is like a rocking chair? It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.
We have 37 million in cap space tied up on 6 players and NONE of those contracts come off the book next year. The biggest salary that does is either Zherdevs 2.5 if he is not back, or kalinens 2.1.

All the salaries that come off the books are small salaries in which players are performing above what they are being paid.

08-28-2008, 10:21 PM
habs1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
We have 37 million in cap space tied up on 6 players and NONE of those contracts come off the book next year. The biggest salary that does is either Zherdevs 2.5 if he is not back, or kalinens 2.1.

All the salaries that come off the books are small salaries in which players are performing above what they are being paid.

So..Sather is a bad manager?

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
So..Sather is a bad manager?
Or maybe we don't have a clue what's going on? I'm sure if amateurs like us can make projections about the future salaries of players, Sather and Rangers have projections too. Anyway, I'm done arguing about this topic anymore. We'll see as the season progresses and next off-season. I doubt either side is doing much of a job convincing the other.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post

Damn you Sather! Damn you to hell for what you've done to our cap!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote