HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Strangest Canadiens playoff series you remember?

Old
08-29-2008, 02:59 AM
roy_133*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to roy_133*
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I think your right.
He is right, Carolina won game 1, I think Weeks got a shutout, then the Habs took 2-3, if I remember correctly Audette won game 3 in OT... But yeah the Habs were so close to going up 3-1 but after that loss the roof absolutely caved in.

roy_133* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Hmmm, the 97-98 series where they took down Pittsburgh with Vigneault playing 3 defencemen against the Lemieux linewas unusual.

The following series as well where the Sabres ran Moog into retirement while the refs took the star player position and called penalties when Hasek was 30 feet out of the net and someone tried to, horrors, take the puck off his stick (or maybe the penalty was for NOT hitting him hard when he asked for it). I`m still bitter.

The cup runs had some strange ones, the 4 consecutive 4-3 wins over the sabres, the overtime streak...

The Carolina series in 06 where a mediocre player became a star because he was allowed a free high stick per game (Koivu (eye damage), Markov and possibly Rivet in consecutive games with no penalties. He scored a few because no one would cover him after that). I`m still bitter.

I`d forgotten Therien`s meltdown. That was beyond weird and the ref still won`t give Montreal a break, ever. Worth giving up a goal before the game starts to avoid having him ref a habs game.
its easy to cover mario when he was already retired

AV used zalapski as a 3rd d-man for whenever jagr came on the ice. I guess it worked.

As rewarding as the 1st round victory was, the 2nd round loss was just as annoying. That buffalo team was quite cocky and tenacious... and I remember hasek flopping around, stoning the habs and drawing penalties while he was at it. That 98 sabre team still makes my blood boil.

the o6 carolina series was a clone to the 96 ranger series... taking the first 2 games on the road and going on to lose 4 straight.

I guess the strangest playoff series was the habs and B's in 94 when Roy played some of the greatest hockey I've ever seen, only to be shelved with appendcitis and then coming back with a bad game 7 showing. Tugnutt was also awful in that series when Roy was out.

The 93 series against quebec was also a strange one with hextall whining after every goal it seemed... there was one game where I think muller scored an OT goal and demers was ordering everyone off the ice before the refs could review the call... hextall was going ballistic. Eventually, the goal was waved off and they had to send someone back into the canadiens dressing room to bring all the players back.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
The 93 series against quebec was also a strange one with hextall whining after every goal it seemed... there was one game where I think muller scored an OT goal and demers was ordering everyone off the ice before the refs could review the call... hextall was going ballistic. Eventually, the goal was waved off and they had to send someone back into the canadiens dressing room to bring all the players back.
It was Lebeau who scored the goal that was disallowed He hit it with a high stick...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
As rewarding as the 1st round victory was, the 2nd round loss was just as annoying. That buffalo team was quite cocky and tenacious... and I remember hasek flopping around, stoning the habs and drawing penalties while he was at it. That 98 sabre team still makes my blood boil.
Was that the lunch bucket Sabres? Peca, and Barnaby?

The series where Hasek was literally lying on the ice having seizures while the Habs fired close to 50 shots and somehow couldn't score.

I still have nightmares about that one.

Last year's Philly series was very similar to that Buffalo one.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 11:05 PM
GNick42

The first Quebec playoff series was different....1982.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 01:30 PM
peicurler91

the year Tampa won the cup (04?)

Bruins up 3-1 and the habs came back to win the series 4-3 (and won game 7, 2-0)

only weird one aside the Canes/Habs series

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote