HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Wild

Old
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
AC Le Rock

vCash: 500
Flyers - Wild

Flyers: Knuble, Upshall

Wild: Zdlicky, 4th round

I was originally thinking Carter for Burns straight up but I like Carter too much and I don't think the Wild want to part with Burns.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
The Wild defense would be nothing without Burns and I have a feeling he's about as untouchable as they come for the Wild. And the Wild aren't trading Zidlicky because they just traded for him. I don't know if I even want him because he's a lot like Jones, he's prone to making bad mistakes in their defensive zone, but Zidlicky is better offensively. Not the guy I want as our #3 defenseman, considering he will be playing with Jones or Parent, he can't be trusted.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
jb**

if the flyers wanted zidlicky they would have traded for him before he was dealt to nashville. to much to give up in that package anyway.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
The Wild defense would be nothing without Burns and I have a feeling he's about as untouchable as they come for the Wild. And the Wild aren't trading Zidlicky because they just traded for him. I don't know if I even want him because he's a lot like Jones, he's prone to making bad mistakes in their defensive zone, but Zidlicky is better offensively. Not the guy I want as our #3 defenseman, considering he will be playing with Jones or Parent, he can't be trusted.
Parent? He's a stay at home guy who can skate. That's why I feel we didn't push to keep Smith because Parent is as capable if not more so at protecting the net, blocking shots, keeping the puck out of harms way, etc. He showed ubeleivable poise in the ECF and I feel Zidlicky would work next to Parent very very well.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Parent? He's a stay at home guy who can skate. That's why I feel we didn't push to keep Smith because Parent is as capable if not more so at protecting the net, blocking shots, keeping the puck out of harms way, etc. He showed ubeleivable poise in the ECF and I feel Zidlicky would work next to Parent very very well.
You trust a rookie with a guy that is basically a more offensive version of Randy Jones? Don't get me wrong, I love Parent and I think he's going to be a great defenseman for us very soon, but he's not capable of being that guy who can be playing 2nd pairing minutes with a guy like Zidlicky just yet. In 3 years, sure I think it would be a great idea when Parent is mature and is a solid NHL player but now, he's still prone to throwing the puck away and collapsing when pressured, and we saw that.

Old
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Man, Zidlicky's value sure dropped fast.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
The Wild defense would be nothing without Burns
Did you forget to mention Schultz and Johnsson?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Flyers: Knuble, Upshall

Wild: Zdlicky, 4th round

I was originally thinking Carter for Burns straight up but I like Carter too much and I don't think the Wild want to part with Burns.
Why would the Wild trade someone they just spent a second-round pick and a decent prospect in Jones less than two months ago?

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
Did you forget to mention Schultz and Johnsson?
No, I didn't.

Old
08-29-2008, 07:38 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
No, I didn't.
You apparently did since both of them have been vital components for the Wild. You can't measure a player's worth simply by looking at points. Schultz has been an excellent top 4 defenseman for the Wild and Johnsson has done a great job as well.

Burns isn't the only solid defenseman we have. Adding Zidlicky should not only help take pressure off of Burns but gives the Wild some extra offense from the blueline, something they haven't had.

Old
08-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
You apparently did since both of them have been vital components for the Wild. You can't measure a player's worth simply by looking at points. Schultz has been an excellent top 4 defenseman for the Wild and Johnsson has done a great job as well.

Burns isn't the only solid defenseman we have. Adding Zidlicky should not only help take pressure off of Burns but gives the Wild some extra offense from the blueline, something they haven't had.
I'm sure he's just emphesizing the importance of Burns to Minnesota.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:48 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Burns is important but he said the Wild defense would be nothing without him. Um, no. We have good defensemen. We might even have one of the better top 5 in the West this year even.

Old
08-29-2008, 07:56 PM
State of Hockey

Minnesota wouldn't trade a player they just traded for, at least not for that offer. Minnesota could use the offensive help, but it would recreate the hole at D.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
You trust a rookie with a guy that is basically a more offensive version of Randy Jones? Don't get me wrong, I love Parent and I think he's going to be a great defenseman for us very soon, but he's not capable of being that guy who can be playing 2nd pairing minutes with a guy like Zidlicky just yet. In 3 years, sure I think it would be a great idea when Parent is mature and is a solid NHL player but now, he's still prone to throwing the puck away and collapsing when pressured, and we saw that.
I beg to differ. Parent is ready now. I don't get the under rating of Ryan Parent by most Philadelphia fans. Everyone says "oh he'll be ready in x amount of time", but how the hell is he supposed to be ready if he's not playing? I'd rather the team let him play the 3 spot and let him make his mistakes. To say he's not ready for 2nd pairing minutes is ludicrous. This isn't some schmuck we're talking about here, this is probably one of the best defensive prospects in the game right now. To give him 3rd pairing minutes or to be a number 7 is a complete waste of his talent.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I beg to differ. Parent is ready now. I don't get the under rating of Ryan Parent by most Philadelphia fans. Everyone says "oh he'll be ready in x amount of time", but how the hell is he supposed to be ready if he's not playing? I'd rather the team let him play the 3 spot and let him make his mistakes. To say he's not ready for 2nd pairing minutes is ludicrous. This isn't some schmuck we're talking about here, this is probably one of the best defensive prospects in the game right now. To give him 3rd pairing minutes or to be a number 7 is a complete waste of his talent.
I beg to differ as well. You can't trust him with 2nd-pairing minutes with 23 NHL games to his credit to anchor a 2nd pairing on what could be a team that makes it out of the East into the finals. How is he supposed to be ready? Put him on the 3rd pairing, and let him earn 2nd pairing minutes. Playing on the 3rd pairing, he won't be facing elite forwards and he'll get a feel for the game, and once he's comfortable, move him to the 2nd pairing with Jones. I've got no problem with something like that, but having a pre-determined notion that he's our other 2nd pairing defenseman and that's where he's playing with Jones is not a good idea. What have you seen from him that has proven to you that he's ready to log 20 minutes a game? I haven't seen much from him that tells me that he is ready for the type of players he's going to be facing, and especially the responsibility that's going to be put on him if he is placed on the 2nd pairing. You can't tell me that it wouldn't be worth it to go out and get a quality defenseman for once and make our 2nd pairing a sure thing, which then in turn makes our 3rd pairing better, putting Parent with Eminger or Vaananen, which I believe would be a very effective 3rd pairing. Sure, we may have to sacrifice some of our forward depth in Upshall or Knuble or some of our future talent like Nodl, but what we could get in return would make our biggest glaring weakness a strength. There's no real right answer here, so I'll think what I think and you think what you think.

Old
08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Put him in the 3 spot? Your nuts. This kid did nothing to show he's ready for 2nd pairing minutes last season. Is he ready for the NHL? Yes I believe he is, but as a 5/6 NOT a 3/4.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote