HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev down to 215lbs and....

Old
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Alex Kovalev can always see you

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Ross MacLochness

Kovalev is going to tear **** up again this year. Can't wait to see the top line again, they were so fun to watch last year.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I heard his quotes on the Team. He wasn't asked about his status beyond this season was he ?
oh dont you worry, my goat loving friend

there will be PLENTY of opportunities to discuss that during the year... its going to topple the sundinathon in here. I bet kovy will snap at some point in the year when he gets asked about it for about the trillionth time.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I laughed when the mascot was nodding when Kovalev was talking.
"Preach it brotha!"

Dwight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
That interview was a six minute ass kissing contest by the reporters. Kovy's character and leadership abilities won't be tested unless he or the team starts slumping. He never has a problem with the media when everything is going well...who does really?

I was just suggesting that Koivu has been through the rollercoaster in MTL and handled himself professionally and like a good captain should in all his dealings with the media. Kovy's track record in that department is a little shadier. I think that if he or the team started to slump his "mentoring" and "leadership" would dry up pretty quickly, his mood would sour and he wouldn't be stepping in front of too many cameras.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen though..the team needs him to pick up where he left off last year. It does seem like he turned the corner the previous off-season but I need to see more than one year of it. I'm really hoping that Tangs can mix well with Koivu and take the scoring pressure off of Kovy. Kovalev is the type of guy who wants to steal the spotlight rather than have it thrust upon him.
I'm not sure that wearing the C is why some guys are how they are in terms of public persona. I think it's more personality. Yeah, Kovy will sulk and lash out a bit when things go sour, while some guys try and keep an even keel, knowing full well that reaction to them is temporary. i just think that it matters more to him.

Guys like Sakic,Kovu, and others, aren't that comfortable letting you inside. Koivu's situation has forced him to, and to accomnplish some of his charitable endeavours, he's had to open up a bit, but I've never had the sense that he likes it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Uwey

I think the one variable that most people overlook is the health of the team.

There is no doubt this team will have another good season, if all our key players remain healthy as they did last season.

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:38 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
I think the one variable that most people overlook is the health of the team.

There is no doubt this team will have another good season, if all our key players remain healthy as they did last season.
I'm not too worried, unless it's a goaltender.

On defence.. Carle, Belle, Valentenko are all suitable enough to suit up as 6th/7th Defencemen if someone goes down.

On offence.. D'Agostini, Pacioretty.. Potentially White, Maxwell and Wyman.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

On defence.. Carle, Belle, Valentenko are all suitable enough to suit up as 6th/7th Defencemen if someone goes down.

Seriously, after the last pre-season, Beauregard might get NHL minutes before Pacioretty. I remember that he was all over the ice, i think he scored some goals, but i cant remember for sure, he was a star along with SK and Dago.

I'm sure the management, who believe that puting Lats in the NHL without giving him proper development in the AHL (TT opinion, not mine) wont do the same mistake with Pac. Beauregard laready has 1 year with the pro and he showed last pre-season that he can compete at that lvl... now why he didn't make the Bulldogs? I just dont know friend, i just dont know, but he ripped the ECHL. Beauregard might get a call before any forward except Dago and maybe Stewart (depending on the rooster).

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:18 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Seriously, after the last pre-season, Beauregard might get NHL minutes before Pacioretty. I remember that he was all over the ice, i think he scored some goals, but i cant remember for sure, he was a star along with SK and Dago.

I'm sure the management, who believe that puting Lats in the NHL without giving him proper development in the AHL (TT opinion, not mine) wont do the same mistake with Pac. Beauregard laready has 1 year with the pro and he showed last pre-season that he can compete at that lvl... now why he didn't make the Bulldogs? I just dont know friend, i just dont know, but he ripped the ECHL. Beauregard might get a call before any forward except Dago and maybe Stewart (depending on the rooster).
Beaureguard isn't under contract to the Canadiens yet. No way does he get a chance before Pacioretty.

Old
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Mont Royale

Quote:

I agree we're deep, but if Markov or Kovalev go down, they're contributions aren't replaced by any of those guys. I suppose it's the same for every team and their top players, but last year the Habs had very good luck in terms of injuries.

Mont Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Beaureguard isn't under contract to the Canadiens yet. No way does he get a chance before Pacioretty.
why not?

just by looking at my name you know i'm a HUGE Pacioretty but if he's not ready, he's not ready, i would much rather for him to devolop chemistry with Ben Maxwell whom he might play for many years with. Those 2 imo will really complete one another, they both can fly on the ice, Maxwell is a premier playmaker and Maxpac has all the tools to become a top notch finisher, i think what happens next year both Saku and Alex will be gone to clear cap money for the up and coming high paid players like Higgins, Komo, Price and mayber resigning Tanguay ( we'l see if he adapts to Habs style this year). So players like maxwell and Pacioretty have to be ready to step to a big role in 09-10

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
It's not about "getting a chance before Pac" it's maybe Pacioretty's not ready yet, and Beauregard ahs one year of pro hockey on his resumé and ripped the ECHL, plus we know he can skate in the NHL. But i'm not comparing the two players, it would be like comparing rookie Ryder to rookie Getzlaf.

Old
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
It's not about "getting a chance before Pac" it's maybe Pacioretty's not ready yet, and Beauregard ahs one year of pro hockey on his resumé and ripped the ECHL, plus we know he can skate in the NHL. But i'm not comparing the two players, it would be like comparing rookie Ryder to rookie Getzlaf.
Not gotta happen. D'agostini will get a shot way before Beauregard.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Not gotta happen. D'agostini will get a shot way before Beauregard.
Yeah i think so, but i see Beauregard before MaxPac thought.

Old
08-29-2008, 10:56 AM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
why not?

just by looking at my name you know i'm a HUGE Pacioretty but if he's not ready, he's not ready, i would much rather for him to devolop chemistry with Ben Maxwell whom he might play for many years with. Those 2 imo will really complete one another, they both can fly on the ice, Maxwell is a premier playmaker and Maxpac has all the tools to become a top notch finisher, i think what happens next year both Saku and Alex will be gone to clear cap money for the up and coming high paid players like Higgins, Komo, Price and mayber resigning Tanguay ( we'l see if he adapts to Habs style this year). So players like maxwell and Pacioretty have to be ready to step to a big role in 09-10
you have got to be kinding me! our leading scorer and captain gone

sundaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar View Post
you have got to be kinding me! our leading scorer and captain gone
yep, we'l have to move on, possibly get a n.1 center to replace Saku and put A.Kost and Tanguay as our premier wigners, Kovalev is not getting older and i think that it's time we lean on someone else then Saku, frankly i woudn't be surprised at all if he decided to go and play with his bro in Minnym especially since Gaborik will also be a UFA and has alot of chances of not coming back with the money he's asking for

Old
08-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Alex Kovalev can always see you

He should be the Joker in the next Batman movie!

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 11:59 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Well, generally you have to be under contract to the Montreal Canadiens to get a chance before Pacioretty.

So I'll put that as reason 1.

Old
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
He should be the Joker in the next Batman movie!
Hmm...

Given the emotional toll the role took on Heath Ledger, which lead to his unfortunate demise BEFORE the movie was out in theatres...

No.

But hey, as Drago said...if he dies, he dies.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
yep, we'l have to move on, possibly get a n.1 center to replace Saku and put A.Kost and Tanguay as our premier wigners, Kovalev is not getting older and i think that it's time we lean on someone else then Saku, frankly i woudn't be surprised at all if he decided to go and play with his bro in Minnym especially since Gaborik will also be a UFA and has alot of chances of not coming back with the money he's asking for
Modano is 38 and still doing great on the Stars' 3rd line. You're retarded if you want to ditch a skilled player like Koivu so easily when he's been the heart of the organisation so long. You're a real HFboards superstar.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Well, generally you have to be under contract to the Montreal Canadiens to get a chance before Pacioretty.

So I'll put that as reason 1.
That always helps.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Beauregard would not be called up cause he can't be called up until he's signed. The Habs don't own his NHL rights. On top of that, he will be lucky to stick with Hamilton full time, let alone dream of a call up to the NHL unless we have a massive outbreak of some virus. He needs to get faster and better in his own end first. He does know how to put the puck in the net though so if he's worked hard this summer maybe he can stick with the Dogs all year.

Beauregard if signed, still should be way down the list of possible callups. His ECHL linemate Desharnais should get a call up before him and that's if he signed a contract and a mass number of injuries hit the team.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

More gold from the Mack-Daddy of Russia !

Kovalev ftw

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Beauregard would not be called up cause he can't be called up until he's signed. The Habs don't own his NHL rights. On top of that, he will be lucky to stick with Hamilton full time, let alone dream of a call up to the NHL unless we have a massive outbreak of some virus. He needs to get faster and better in his own end first. He does know how to put the puck in the net though so if he's worked hard this summer maybe he can stick with the Dogs all year.

Beauregard if signed, still should be way down the list of possible callups. His ECHL linemate Desharnais should get a call up before him and that's if he signed a contract and a mass number of injuries hit the team.
I dont see Desharnais playing one NHL game in his entire life, he's 5"6, i wish he will but i just dont see it, nobody including him and TT has ever made mention of him lacing them on a NHL rink.

Like i said i dont know why Beauregard didn't make the Bulldogs last year he had terrific pre-season games, he might impress again this year at the camp and in pre-season games. I just see him as a call up, Dago, Stewart and Beauregard are the only possible call-up for the upcoming season.

Old
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Modano is 38 and still doing great on the Stars' 3rd line. You're retarded if you want to ditch a skilled player like Koivu so easily when he's been the heart of the organisation so long. You're a real HFboards superstar.
I'm a superstar

anyways, Koivu didn't fo half then Modano has done over the years, in his prime Modano was a top 5 center in the league, there's a new era coming in for the Habs and i think that koivu should not, long term, be the hearth and soul of this frnachise, anyways that's just my opinion, i'm not a Koivu basher, on the contrary i expect a career for him now that he has a legitimate 1st winger with him for the 1st time. If by someway the Habs would be lucky enough to snatch Mikko out of Minny then i would keep Saku, if not, well there's alot of good free agents on the market next year, Plekanec will be closer to n.1 center status and we have Maxwell who can become a good one