HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev down to 215lbs and....

Old
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I dont see Desharnais playing one NHL game in his entire life, he's 5"6, i wish he will but i just dont see it, nobody including him and TT has ever made mention of him lacing them on a NHL rink.

Like i said i dont know why Beauregard didn't make the Bulldogs last year he had terrific pre-season games, he might impress again this year at the camp and in pre-season games. I just see him as a call up, Dago, Stewart and Beauregard are the only possible call-up for the upcoming season.
You bring up Beauregard, but Desharnais was way better then Beauregard this year so you would think he'd make the move up faster then Beauregard. Agreed he is small but he works hard. I have been saying it will be an interesting camp in Hamilton for the ECHL guys, as Desharnais, Beauregard, Latendresse, Aubin and Russell are fighting for the last spot or two.

As for call ups, they can call up rookies, Pac, Maxwell, White, Wyman would all likely get called up before Beauregard at this point.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kovalev is a beast, I guess he really took what the Russians said to heart.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:21 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm a superstar

anyways, Koivu didn't fo half then Modano has done over the years, in his prime Modano was a top 5 center in the league, there's a new era coming in for the Habs and i think that koivu should not, long term, be the hearth and soul of this frnachise, anyways that's just my opinion, i'm not a Koivu basher, on the contrary i expect a career for him now that he has a legitimate 1st winger with him for the 1st time. If by someway the Habs would be lucky enough to snatch Mikko out of Minny then i would keep Saku, if not, well there's alot of good free agents on the market next year, Plekanec will be closer to n.1 center status and we have Maxwell who can become a good one
If you believe Koivu is going to have a career year why would we let him walk? Being the heart and soul of the team. On top of that you believe we should expect Maxwell to fill his role? Maxwell hasn't played a full year of AHL let alone NHL. I can understand the excitement for young players but come on! There are people who wanted us to sign a 37 year old free agent and you expect us to let our Captain(heart and soul) to walk! and our leading scorer(Kov)?

sundaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar View Post
If you believe Koivu is going to have a career year why would we let him walk? Being the heart and soul of the team. On top of that you believe we should expect Maxwell to fill his role? Maxwell hasn't played a full year of AHL let alone NHL. I can understand the excitement for young players but come on! There are people who wanted us to sign a 37 year old free agent and you expect us to let our Captain(heart and soul) to walk! and our leading scorer(Kov)?
woah there, 1st of all Saku Koivu is not Mats Sundin, not to mention Sundin being a temporary fix, he woudn't be the captain or the hearth of the franchise here, as i said, there are other good players we can sign (or trade for, for that matter). I think that after next year the team will be built around the Kostitsyn's, Higgins and Tanguay, not Koivu or Kovalev, that's why i think it's very possible ( i don't say i would be happy about it) that the Habs would invest there cash somewhere else. I think that in 09-10, Kostitsyn will have the #1 right winger. And yes, i do have high hopes for Ben Maxwell, he skates like the wind and in every stint he has had in the WHL the last 2 years he has dominated threw and threw, imo he could become a Brad Richards clone ( probably without the 90+ point seasons)

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
He should be the Joker in the next Batman movie!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 02:16 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
woah there, 1st of all Saku Koivu is not Mats Sundin, not to mention Sundin being a temporary fix, he woudn't be the captain or the hearth of the franchise here, as i said, there are other good players we can sign (or trade for, for that matter). I think that after next year the team will be built around the Kostitsyn's, Higgins and Tanguay, not Koivu or Kovalev, that's why i think it's very possible ( i don't say i would be happy about it) that the Habs would invest there cash somewhere else. I think that in 09-10, Kostitsyn will have the #1 right winger. And yes, i do have high hopes for Ben Maxwell, he skates like the wind and in every stint he has had in the WHL the last 2 years he has dominated threw and threw, imo he could become a Brad Richards clone ( probably without the 90+ point seasons)
I wouldn't call Sundin a temporay fix but a final piece. No one is saying Sundin would replace Koivu. I was trying to use a reference that Koivu will only be 34 year next year so why would we let him walk?

you mention other good players we could sign or trade for. Why do we have to trade(or sign) a player for what we already have? If we trade we lose assets and if we sign, we sign at inflated prices. Why not just keep the heart and soul player we already have?

Why isn't there room to keep Koivu and Kovi after next year. I would rather let Bouilon, Dandy, Tom K walk then let our Captain and leading scorer leave!

I wouldn't say Maxwell Dominated the Whl! And how is he a clone of Brad Richards if you don't expect him to produce the same! Why not use a player his play and production resembles?

You talk about building the team around Higgins, Kost(brothers), Tanguay! Why can't Koivu and Kovi be included! I believe the real question is salary cap. Depending on what Koivu and Kovi demand for salary and term.

sundaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar View Post
I wouldn't call Sundin a temporay fix but a final piece. No one is saying Sundin would replace Koivu. I was trying to use a reference that Koivu will only be 34 year next year so why would we let him walk?

you mention other good players we could sign or trade for. Why do we have to trade(or sign) a player for what we already have? If we trade we lose assets and if we sign, we sign at inflated prices. Why not just keep the heart and soul player we already have?

Why isn't there room to keep Koivu and Kovi after next year. I would rather let Bouilon, Dandy, Tom K walk then let our Captain and leading scorer leave!

I wouldn't say Maxwell Dominated the Whl! And how is he a clone of Brad Richards if you don't expect him to produce the same! Why not use a player his play and production resembles?

You talk about building the team around Higgins, Kost(brothers), Tanguay! Why can't Koivu and Kovi be included! I believe the real question is salary cap. Depending on what Koivu and Kovi demand for salary and term.

1. I would rather go with a real bigger n.1 center for our 1st line and leave Plekanec on the 2nd line who BTW will probably be asking close to Koivu money next year

2. I said that maybe Koivu would like to spend a couple of years somewhere, like for example Minny to play with his bro

3.I'm positive that Kovalev will sign an extension, but who knows, maybe Habs management will want to have Higgins, Tanguay, the Kosty bros , Pacioretty and Latendresse as our primary wingers instead of 35 year old Kovalev, remember that all of these players will by that time have another year of experience in there bags. But again, i'm sure that he will sign a 1, 2 year extension during the season around 5/ 5.5 mil a season

4. Where in my posts does it say that i would rather Bégin, Bouillon, Kostopoulos and Dandenault instead of Koivu and Kovalev? Look in my history at HF, isaid that i would rather give the #6 role to Valentenko instead of Bouillon cause i want him to gain experience in a limited role with either Hammer or Georges, and in every thread that i've posted a line-up my 4th line is Lappierre-Chipchura-Laraque, i don't know Dandenault in there, do you?

5. The year righht after he was draftred Maxwell was the WHL leader in points before he had his big injurie( shoulder i think), in his last WHL season he was THE for ward to watch onm a really good Kootenay team, played in every situation possible and deliverd, if that's not dominating i don't know what is

Next time try to quote what i'm actually posting instead of putting words in my mouth

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Guy Caballero

Kovalev will be the coach of the Montreal Canadiens someday.

Just throwing that out there.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 05:12 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:

... i'm sure that he will sign a 1, 2 year extension during the season around 5/ 5.5 mil a season
In Soviet Russia, Kovy signs the montreal management to 1-2 years extension

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He's kinda scary looking lol

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Kovalev will be the coach of the Montreal Canadiens someday.

Just throwing that out there.
OMG, that would be amazing.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Toro

Kovalev looks to be in a good state of mind and health. He is saying all the right things, is managing his weight better looks content and happy and is in to the team and its history. Kovalev isn't going anywhere, i bet he retires a hab. He should have another great year.

Bob Gainey doesn't do contracts during the season and seems to be letting his vets or soon to be UFA's finish their contracts and then resign them if they want to stay, or if Bob wants them too in the new NHL. Bob wants guys who want to be in Montreal. So guys like Koivu, Komisarek, Kovalev and even guys like Brisebois, Begin,dandeneault etc. will finish their contracts and then be evaluated by Gainey and resigned if neccessary.

Also Koivu will resign, he is a hab for life if u ask me. He is the type of player that even in his last years in the NHL he will be able to contribute on the ice what ever the line he is needed for as he is a good gritty 2 way player.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 05:20 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Kovalev looks to be in a good state of mind and health. He is saying all the right things, is managing his weight better looks content and happy and is in to the team and its history. Kovalev isn't going anywhere, i bet he retires a hab. He should have another great year.

Another great 15 years. He says he will retire at 50 years old.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
24morecupsthanyou*

for playoffs
saku > sundin

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Mustafa*

Hey guys, i dont know if it will be of any interest for you but Kovy is going to make an apperance on Les Boys TV show, he will act as a trainer and will speak in french.

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...1-1142733.html

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:31 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Hey guys, i dont know if it will be of any interest for you but Kovy is going to make an apperance on Les Boys TV show, he will act as a trainer and will speak in french.

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...1-1142733.html
Oh snap!

THis is gonna cause a whole new **** storm...

Hey Mustafa...you should create a new thread on this and watch the board implode

Old
09-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Oh snap!

THis is gonna cause a whole new **** storm...

Hey Mustafa...you should create a new thread on this and watch the board implode
Done

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:43 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Done
This is gonna be awesome!