HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Columbus

Old
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
CamTheMan

vCash: 500
As much as i'd love to have Rick Nash i also love having Bergeron. He is a franchise player for BOS. I don't know if id say Rask. He has enormous upside and potential but is not proven at all. I do agree that franchis player is thrown around a little too much here. Sakic/Sundin/Luongo/Crosby/Lecav/Iginla/Nash/Getzlaf/Alfreddson etc...are all true "franchise" players IMO. And yes the trade is horrendous

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Rask IS just a rookie goaltender.....

And Bergeron is not a franchise center. [Neither is Rask] This word gets thrown out too much on this board.
Rask is the future of the team in net until he proves other wise... and by all accounts he has the potential to be that franchise goaltender.

and bergeron is a franchise center.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blais View Post
concussed player and goalie prospect = 2 franchise players

:
yup, they do.

Old
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

No, they don't.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 01:43 PM
RocheBag

Send a message via AIM to RocheBag Send a message via MSN to RocheBag
A guy who puts up back to back 70+ point seasons at the ages of 20 and 21, while being the best penalty killer on his team, and one of the most physical players on his team, is not a Franchise player? Please.

RocheBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

No, a goalie with four NHL starts is not a franchise player. And I like Bergeron, but he is coming off a ten-game season. If he returns to full health, he can certainly be a franchise player in Boston. That's possibly one, not two.

Old
08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
No, they don't.
i'm rubber your glue....

Old
08-29-2008, 12:14 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
No, a goalie with four NHL starts is not a franchise player. And I like Bergeron, but he is coming off a ten-game season. If he returns to full health, he can certainly be a franchise player in Boston. That's possibly one, not two.
If Bergeron is the player he was before than he is a super star and the center of our organization Franchise is thrown around but he will be the best offensive player we have easily. Rask however if he comes close to filling his potential will be a franchise goalie, he is projected as a top 5 talent and has a higher ceiling than Price, is he right now a franchise player no. but trading him away would be the biggest mistake the organization could make.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:35 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
i'm rubber your glue....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBear View Post
If Bergeron is the player he was before than he is a super star and the center of our organization Franchise is thrown around but he will be the best offensive player we have easily. Rask however if he comes close to filling his potential will be a franchise goalie, he is projected as a top 5 talent and has a higher ceiling than Price, is he right now a franchise player no. but trading him away would be the biggest mistake the organization could make.

I can't disagree with either of you, though I'm not quite sure what "rubber your glue" means (sounds vaguely dirty, though!). As I said, I like Bergeron, but he has a serious injury to overcome. I hope he does. Rask has potential. He may become, but is not yet, a "franchise player." In any case, this trade has never had the slightest likelihood of taking place (or even being considered, in the real world).

Old
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
I can't disagree with either of you, though I'm not quite sure what "rubber your glue" means (sounds vaguely dirty, though!). As I said, I like Bergeron, but he has a serious injury to overcome. I hope he does. Rask has potential. He may become, but is not yet, a "franchise player." In any case, this trade has never had the slightest likelihood of taking place (or even being considered, in the real world).
i wish it were dirty....

one of those silly child hood statements, 'i'm rubber yourglue, what ever u say bounces off of me and sticks to u'

just being a wis ass... i guess alot of it is one of those subjects things, i could say yes, you could say no, and neither of us are wrong...

Rask could be, may never be, but i think for the sake of these trade threads, as a Bruins prospect, value wise, he is being looked at for what he could be, not for what he has been.

kinda hard to ask a team to trade there best prospect, yet value him like any other 19-20 minor league player

Old
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
i wish it were dirty....

one of those silly child hood statements, 'i'm rubber yourglue, what ever u say bounces off of me and sticks to u'

just being a wis ass... i guess alot of it is one of those subjects things, i could say yes, you could say no, and neither of us are wrong...

Rask could be, may never be, but i think for the sake of these trade threads, as a Bruins prospect, value wise, he is being looked at for what he could be, not for what he has been.

kinda hard to ask a team to trade there best prospect, yet value him like any other 19-20 minor league player

Yeah, I got that. What I found amusing was the your/you're confusion, which made the old cliche sound less childlike and a bit kinky. Sorry.

Old
08-29-2008, 03:32 PM
bobg1

Quote:
This just doesn't make sense for Boston, Bergeron is the face of our franchise one on one with a little extra from Boston like maybe 1 first round pick would be fine. Rask is projected by HF to have the talent to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL some day. two first round picks are important in the Modern NHL where you cant sign a team, although the Rangers sure try.
Rask hasn't even played a full season in the NHL and you all ready have him as in the top 5. Give me a break. Wait until he plays for a year and then we'll see.

bobg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Smokingpotatoes*

Quote:
How about

Marco Sturm
Phil Kessel
Brad Marchand

for

Rick Nash
I like ur trade better possibly with a pick, the other trade boston gives up 2 much

Smokingpotatoes* is offline   Reply With Quote