HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo: Brisebois will likely be back

Old
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
BJCOLLINS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Brisebois is perfect as a seventh d-man. Injuries might happen. and youngsters like Gorges and O'byrne are borderline NHL regular d-men.
well, we are all entitled to our opinions. mine is different from yours regarding Gorges, O'byrne and Breeze-by being perect in anyway.

Last edited by BJCOLLINS: 08-29-2008 at 05:12 PM.
BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Brisebois is perfect as a seventh d-man. Injuries might happen. and youngsters like Gorges and O'byrne are borderline NHL regular d-men.
Gorges is a lot better than borderline. He makes good decisions and he holds on to the puck better than Brisebois. As for O'Byrne, he offers a physical presence that Brisebois doesn't (and shouldn't) pretend to have. After all, this isn't adult no-contact hockey we're talking about.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:07 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
It was in the papers when they covered his golf tournament.

Real hockey fans don't take their news from Bons baisers de France

Good 7th, sometimes even 8th d-man. Cheap. Good in the room. Good with the community. Good with the media. Can't and shouldn't play like this year when the team's in the playoffs.
He played very well for the Canadiens in the playoffs.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I hope he pulls a Stu Barnes, other than that I hope he walks away...same with Gainey.
You want Gainey to walk away? Yeah, hes doing such a terrible job with this team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
I'm 100% against Brisebois playing for the Habs anymore.
Aww, it was nice to have you as a Hab fan. Sorry to hear this is the dealbreaker.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
BLONG7

No to Briser...time to move on...please Bob, nothing new here...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Good coach don't say this kind of comments if it's not true...
Carbo also said in early july he was very confident Sundin would sign here.

Bottom line is, no matter how close he is to BG, he's not the DG and sometimes don't know what's going on.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
so maybe thats why he was at my resto today talking to his accountant....

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 05:55 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
No to Briser...time to move on...please Bob, nothing new here...
This doesn't smell like a Bob move... more like a Carbo one.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I have no problem with him playing 30-40 games like he did last year. He wasn't horrible all the time - and even scored a big goal against Boston in the playoffs.
besides the pp. he does not deserve to be on the roster...

I hope they wont feel presured to play him because we are ''missing'' a point man.

but as a 7th dmen, no problem, I actually like that better than having a prospect playing 15 games next year.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Brisebois has come out already this summer saying he wanted to play 53 (or how many games he needs for 1,000) before he retires. He then said he didn't mind doing that over two seasons.. so I'd assume he doesn't mind being the #7.

[I also don't remember him going to the media 3 or 4 times about not playing enough. I think there was a report once, mid-season, when Dandenault went to Carbo/media. I have no reason not to believe you, don't get me wrong, I just don't remember Breezer going to the media that much.

Either way, he's already said in interviews and such that he is comfortable with his role as a #7 defenseman.

we don't need Brisebois for 2 more years, and yes he did say a couple of times last year that it pissed him watching the game from the sidelines.

Quote:
Belle, like I said, has an absolutely minimal shot at making the club. The fact that he couldn't stick with two teams who aren't as well off as us, speaks volumes. His hockey sense is non-existent. I actually think the trade may of been a bit of a "Thank You" to Corey Locke, while fixing our pathetic depth on defense in Hamilton.

Anderson was a depth defenseman in the AHL last year.. He may still have some potential, but he's not even close to the NHL level.

Henry is the most likely option after Brisebois.. but he couldn't stick at the NHL level either after playing 3/4 of a season a few years back with Minnesota.

No one can get better by not playing, and that's what the #7 will do. Valentenko isn't NHL ready yet, he was hurt most of last year and needs a bit more time. Weber needs some AHL time. Carle may or may not be close to NHL ready, but he simply needs to be playing at least 60 games per year.. not the 30-35 as #7 does.. It'd hamper his development.
this is all negative assumptions on witch maybe 1 argument, maybe 2, you'l be completely off, you can't build a team for the future with that kind of thinking, like i said, we already have our top 6, i would rather bring in players who have POTENTIAL to be much better then what Brisebois can give next year

Quote:
When the rest of the defense wasn't proving any offense whatsoever, it was hard to sit Breezer. He was very good during the Boston series and mediocre during the Philadelphia series, much like everyone
yes and it was appreciated, but now, it's time to move on, we have better assets, i won't let 2 or 3 rookie mistakes hamper with there devolopment, just like i've said before, WE HAVE OUR TOP 6, all of them are willing and able, we have depth and potential in Hamilton to fill a couple of games. we don't need Brisebois

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
we don't need Brisebois for 2 more years, and yes he did say a couple of times last year that it pissed him watching the game from the sidelines.
1. I can attest to him saying he was pissed being on the sidelines.
2. Who is ****ing happy with not playing hockey?
3. Whether you like it or not, Breezer was good for us in the post-season.

I'd like to see our defenders get another season in Hamilton before we jump to calling one up.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:08 PM
LeMAD

He's probably the best 7th Dman in the league. Dunno what people have against him.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:14 PM
1UP

For his salary last year I was fully satisfied with Brisebois.

He did more than I thought he would.

I'd be happy if he came back. He's a great insurance policy, not a whiner, and geez the guy can still pass the puck around.

To which team is the only problem.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Plekanetzz

Good joke.......Is this a joke....

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That's exactly the type of player I'd want on my team. I certainly wouldn't want a guy who *wasn't* pissed off to be scratched. I want a guy that wants to play. I want hungry players.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
He played very well for the Canadiens in the playoffs.
He was very decent. I don't ever want to see that kind of player get that kind of ice-time at this point in the season though. I think the team is getting too good for that.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Sthabs

I tought he did ok last year
Now I dont want to have him full time this year and 20-30 games max would be perfect, and if he stinks too at replacing players playing bad then you make a call up.
Valentenko and Carle need to play at least as 5th 6th, not as 7th

And for Obyrne I think it was more related to experience and Brisebois playing good in the playoffs, hopefully next playoffs Obyrne will be good enough to keep his spot, and if he s not, we ll be happy to have breezer if he s still playing good.

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 08:41 AM
GoHabsGO252006

Makes sense provided Dandenault is disposed of somehow, otherwise i just don't get it.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Gorges is a lot better than borderline. He makes good decisions and he holds on to the puck better than Brisebois. As for O'Byrne, he offers a physical presence that Brisebois doesn't (and shouldn't) pretend to have. After all, this isn't adult no-contact hockey we're talking about.
Agreed. In addition ...

Gorges and O'Byrne are also hopefully going to get better by playing. Brisebois would only take ice time away from their development. Brisebois has been a UFA since July 1, does anyone know if another team even made a sniff at acquiring his services? My guess is zero and the reason is that other teams would rather nurture the future than assuage the past. Brisebois is the past.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
1. I can attest to him saying he was pissed being on the sidelines.
2. Who is ****ing happy with not playing hockey?
3. Whether you like it or not, Breezer was good for us in the post-season.

I'd like to see our defenders get another season in Hamilton before we jump to calling one up.
Is that a list of fact or something? Brisebois sucked in the playoffs, he had like 3 decent games and took some bad penaltys in key moments like in game 7 but Price saved the day. Hamrlik saved his ass on a nightly basis.

The defense can get their experience in Hamilton, Dandenault is the 7th D.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 12:30 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Is that a list of fact or something? Brisebois sucked in the playoffs, he had like 3 decent games and took some bad penaltys in key moments like in game 7 but Price saved the day. Hamrlik saved his ass on a nightly basis.

Dandenault was probably our worst player in the playoffs, he sucked at forward for most of the year as he has absolutely no hockey sense and he was probably our worst defenceman the year before. On top of that he *****ed about his playing time near the end of the year, he won't be around if he's going to be a #7 defenceman or a 13th forward.

Brisebois is ideal for the #7 d role, he can mentor the young D and can step in and help on the PP whenever he plays... sure he played a few too many games last year and in the playoffs but he's not the one who puts together the lineup. Just play Brisebois 10-12 minutes a game, nothing more, whenever he plays and he'll be fine.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
This doesn't smell like a Bob move... more like a Carbo one.
Bang on. Slice it any way you like it, but I don't trust Carbo one bit on this. It reeks of having Brisebois play a majority of games in the season and playing a lot in the playoffs.

I'm worried for O'Byrne if he comes back. Carbo loves Brisebois way too much. Last year, if it weren't for his injuries, Brisebois was slated as our 4th D.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Corey

Since Gainey hasn't decided to sign Brisebois yet, he may not consider him the perfect 7th Dman. This team could use a bit more brawn and there may still be room for competition by a prospect who shines in the preseason. As for Brisebois vis-a-vis Gorges, remember that Gorges has been signed for 3 years.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Dandenault was probably our worst player in the playoffs, he sucked at forward for most of the year as he has absolutely no hockey sense and he was probably our worst defenceman the year before. On top of that he *****ed about his playing time near the end of the year, he won't be around if he's going to be a #7 defenceman or a 13th forward.

Brisebois is ideal for the #7 d role, he can mentor the young D and can step in and help on the PP whenever he plays... sure he played a few too many games last year and in the playoffs but he's not the one who puts together the lineup. Just play Brisebois 10-12 minutes a game, nothing more, whenever he plays and he'll be fine.
I agree but we will see what Bob will do with Dandy fisrt. I'm not sure wasting 2.5M+ on these 2 guys is a good idea.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Agreed. In addition ...

Gorges and O'Byrne are also hopefully going to get better by playing. Brisebois would only take ice time away from their development. Brisebois has been a UFA since July 1, does anyone know if another team even made a sniff at acquiring his services? My guess is zero and the reason is that other teams would rather nurture the future than assuage the past. Brisebois is the past.
Awesome, okay.

Let's have Carle take the #7 spot and play 22 games this year.

How great for his development is that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

He had 3 penalties in 10 games, whoa.. watch out.

Dandenault is the 7th D... DANDENAULT?! The guy who hasn't played defense in a year.. and was even worse than a career ECHLer two seasons ago?

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote