HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo: Brisebois will likely be back

Old
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Philanthropist

vCash: 500
Please lord let us get Schneider.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
Please lord let us get Schneider.
I don't see how that changes anything.

Brisebois is being re-signed for a #7 defenseman..

If we got Schneider, I don't think Bouillon would be too keen on accepting a #7 role.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't see how that changes anything.

Brisebois is being re-signed for a #7 defenseman..

If we got Schneider, I don't think Bouillon would be too keen on accepting a #7 role.
Bouillon and OByrne would be sharing 6/7. At some point people will get injured and they'll get full time (hell both of them were injured at periods last season). They'll both get at least 50-60 games sharing #7.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Schneider also helps our powerplay, while being defensively aware too. He'd make our top 4 for d, pretty sweet.

Markov,Komi, Schneider and Hammer

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Awesome, okay.

Let's have Carle take the #7 spot and play 22 games this year.

How great for his development is that?!

He had 3 penalties in 10 games, whoa.. watch out.

Dandenault is the 7th D... DANDENAULT?! The guy who hasn't played defense in a year.. and was even worse than a career ECHLer two seasons ago?
If and when we need a number 7 defenseman to fill in for injury we call up Valentenko or Carle. In an immediate pinch Dandenault goes back there until we can get someone from Hamilton. How many times is that likely to happen? We do not need Patrice Brisebois.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Dandenault was probably our worst player in the playoffs, he sucked at forward for most of the year as he has absolutely no hockey sense and he was probably our worst defenceman the year before. On top of that he *****ed about his playing time near the end of the year, he won't be around if he's going to be a #7 defenceman or a 13th forward.

Brisebois is ideal for the #7 d role, he can mentor the young D and can step in and help on the PP whenever he plays... sure he played a few too many games last year and in the playoffs but he's not the one who puts together the lineup. Just play Brisebois 10-12 minutes a game, nothing more, whenever he plays and he'll be fine.
Breezer averaged about 17min of ice time per game last year. His bad plays were pretty well covered by Hamrlik. I think you'd be screaming for him not to be signed if he had been paired with Bouillon or Gorges.

I wouldn't mind having him as a 7th D that plays around 30ish games, but I just think it's unnecessary.
Everybody is predicting Tank to get some minutes in case of injuries. So he could play the role of 7th, and Dandenault can always be placed on D if we're desperate.
Dandy knows he finished the season on the sidelines, he feels he still has what it takes to have a regular roster spot. So you can be damn sure Dandy will come into camp in great shape. At least that's what Im assuming.

If we didn't have Dandy, Id say sign Breezer, but as of Today, I'd find it quite useless to sign Breezer.
We have the veteran presence with Koivu/Kovalev/Markov/Hamrlik, even with guys like Laraque/Begin/Kosto/Bouillon/Dandy. On top of them, Komi/Higgins/Plekanec are not the youngsters anymore.
So I find it quite funny when people say Breezer would be a great leader for our kids. It would just give us another veteran but at this point, like I said, kinda feels useless.

Unless there's a trade where Dandy goes, I don't see the need to sign Breezer really, even if he's better than Dandy.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Unless there's a trade where Dandy goes, I don't see the need to sign Breezer really, even if he's better than Dandy.
If they bring him back, he's obviously worth something.

From interviews he's done, he shows incredible attitude in the locker room. He's also been a main target for the French media, and come back to it.

The guy is a leader and a good locker room guy. And the fact that we can put in a #7 from time to time, who can play a good offensive game.. is a bonus.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Is that a list of fact or something? Brisebois sucked in the playoffs, he had like 3 decent games and took some bad penaltys in key moments like in game 7 but Price saved the day. Hamrlik saved his ass on a nightly basis.

The defense can get their experience in Hamilton, Dandenault is the 7th D.
Did you even watch the playoffs? Brisebois played very well for Montreal. Look past your blind-hatred for the man and *watch* him play.

Though, I suspect you didn't watch him play because you seem to think he had "three decent games."

Huh?

In the Bruins series, Brisebois had a goal and four assists. He keyed the fast-break for Montreal for his pairing throughout that series and Montreal's wingers need the defensemen to give them the good outlet pass so they can use their speed against the bigger Bruin players. Montreal went up 3-1 in the series when Brisebois scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory over Boston in Game Four.

He took some bad penalties? Really? Are you sure? You realize he had just three penalties in the entire playoffs right? Key moments like in Game Seven? Is that the game where Montreal won 5-0? Breezer had one penalty in that game... were you worried that while he was in the box Boston was gonna put up a quick six goals? Are you just making this up or what?

To pretend that Brisebois didn't have a good playoff is pointless. The vast majority of the people on this board actually WATCHED the playoffs and have a recollection of how well he played.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
bentheprop

I really think this thread needs to revisit an old theme. Montreal's record with Breezy in the line up was 20-17-6, however without Breezy they went 27-8-4. A few good games in the playoffs does not excuse a regular season of poor to mediocre play.

If they do decide to bring him back I really hope he doesn't play more than 20-25 games tops. Preferably less than that IMHO.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

I wonder if saying that Brisebois is likely to be back is Carbo's way of insinuating that Sundin is in the bag?

If Breezy is back, it's likely going to be because there's no room left to add a real #4, like Schnider isn't it?

On a side note, I wonder if Guy and M. Gainey are on the same page this year to start the season... recalling the goaltending situation from last year it was clear that they did not agree on Huet vs. Price... hopefully those two have agreement on the roster this year.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
I wonder if saying that Brisebois is likely to be back is Carbo's way of insinuating that Sundin is in the bag?

If Breezy is back, it's likely going to be because there's no room left to add a real #4, like Schnider isn't it?

On a side note, I wonder if Guy and M. Gainey are on the same page this year to start the season... recalling the goaltending situation from last year it was clear that they did not agree on Huet vs. Price... hopefully those two have agreement on the roster this year.
Judging from the way the goaltending contretemps was resolved, M. Carbonneau will dine on Gainey's prix fixe menu without substitutions.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Chet-Nick

For the seventh defenseman spot. Gainey can do better than re-signing Brisebois. Since Carle, Valentenko and Weber need seasoning in Hamilton. Why don't the Habs give one of the recently acquired journeyman defenseman (Shawn Belle/Alex Henry) a chance for that role. They don't posses any offensive skills. But, both are big, rugged and are likely more mobile than Brisebois.

Chet-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Carbo was invited at "Bons Baisers de France" yesterday and said Brisebois will likely be back...

Anyone heard it too? Comments...
God almighty, why!?!

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 09-02-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Did you even watch the playoffs? Brisebois played very well for Montreal. Look past your blind-hatred for the man and *watch* him play.

Though, I suspect you didn't watch him play because you seem to think he had "three decent games."

Huh?

In the Bruins series, Brisebois had a goal and four assists. He keyed the fast-break for Montreal for his pairing throughout that series and Montreal's wingers need the defensemen to give them the good outlet pass so they can use their speed against the bigger Bruin players. Montreal went up 3-1 in the series when Brisebois scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory over Boston in Game Four.

He took some bad penalties? Really? Are you sure? You realize he had just three penalties in the entire playoffs right? Key moments like in Game Seven? Is that the game where Montreal won 5-0? Breezer had one penalty in that game... were you worried that while he was in the box Boston was gonna put up a quick six goals? Are you just making this up or what?

To pretend that Brisebois didn't have a good playoff is pointless. The vast majority of the people on this board actually WATCHED the playoffs and have a recollection of how well he played.

So we're just supposed to forget about all Breeze-By's mistakes throughout the regular season because he played 3 good games in the playoffs???? You say he played great in the playoffs, well he didn't, he played 3 good games and the other games he played in he was virtually invisible. He gave the puck away a few times and made some typical bone head plays, but other than that....he was invisible.

I would rather have Breezer than Dandy as our 7th defencemen, but I would rather not have either of them around. Both of them are rotten defencemen and we have good young guys that are capable of providing better defence than Dandy and Breezer.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
neofury*

I don't mind Brisebois, I thought he played one of his best seasons last year with limited ice time and playing a handful of games. So long as we gave him a bit of time to rest, he was by far the best #7 in the NHL.

Do I want him to take O'Byrnes spot? No I'd rather one of our AHLers does that, personally I think OB is decent but a bit overrated. Maybe more time is needed and will tell. He is pretty young, he definitely needs a chance to prove his worth before someone takes his place.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote