HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Zednik is way overrated on this board!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2004, 09:58 AM
MikeC

vCash: 500
Zednik is way overrated on this board!!!!

I am not saying that Zednik is a bad player because he is good player. But the guy is a 25 goals scorer. He reached 31 goals only one time, he is on all the powerplays, plays on the first line so he can not do more than what he is doing right now.

For the Habs fan, stop overrating your players. I have a season ticket for the Canadien so I see those guys play a lot.

I also hear rumours here from habs fans that include Hossa and Hainsey. Both have great talent both they do not have the desire and maturity to play in the NHL.

So please, stop posting rumours like Zednik + ... for the 7th overall.

Last edited by DontCallPlayersStuds: 06-20-2004 at 12:51 PM. Reason: deleted objectionable content
Old
06-20-2004, 10:43 AM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
I am not saying that Zednik is a bad player because he is good player. But the guy is a 25 goals scorer. He reached 31 goals only one time, he is on all the powerplays, plays on the first line so he can not do more than what he is doing right now.

For the Habs fan, stop overrating your players. I have a season ticket for the Canadien so I see those guys play a lot.

I also hear rumours here from habs fans that include Hossa and Hainsey. Both have great talent both they do not have the desire and maturity to play in the NHL.

As a Caps fan, let me tell you Zednik is NOT overrated. He is all heart in that small body and has some crazy skills. Zed is missed in Washington and I'd take him back in a second. Zed brings more to the table than stats. He is every bit of Mr. 7 goals in Philly. Everyone thinks he is the bees knees. Zed is a poor mans St. Louis. That ain't bad!

Last edited by DontCallPlayersStuds: 06-20-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Old
06-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Ismellofhockey

As a Sens fan I concur, Zednik is more than just the stats, he's a killer in the playoffs and brings a lot of grit to the Habs. His speed, tenacity and shot are very good, the only aspect of his game that can be knocked is his passing which is almost non existant, but he creates a lot of plays with his speed and forecheck.

Considering that he's not all that expensive, he's a pretty valuable player IMO.

Old
06-20-2004, 11:02 AM
AEKaki

Zednik is a good sniper (good finisher).
I do agree though that some fans overate him a bit.
They did the same with Audette, Perreault, ...

Old
06-20-2004, 11:04 AM
e-e

whos overrated? whos underrated? whos rightrated?

it's all about you wanna see or you can't see. zednik is energy and speed in my eyes. i like him no matters how anybody else rates him.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Zednik overrated?

As far as I'm concerned he's even underrated.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Zednik is a good player in my eyes.

Old
06-20-2004, 12:57 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
so zednik for lecavalier ?

Old
06-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

look at the last goal

mms://wm.nhlteams.speedera.net/wm.nh...l_1063_300.wmv

Old
06-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

*remembers when T Bay almost traded Lecavalier to Ottawa for Radek Bonk and Sami Salo*

arrgghhhh... and Dudley was gonna do it too, but he couldn't guarantee the Tampa owners that the deal would make the Bolts better.

Old
06-20-2004, 01:13 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
First of all. Zednik is still improving, still growing talent wise. He is well on his way to be a consistent 25+ goal scorer. Don't kid yourself, that is quite a feat in today's NHL. He does not play on "ALL" the powerplays, he plays on the first unit, as he should. Also, for the better part of the last two years, he has been going back and forth between 1st Line and 2nd Line. Finally, you are wrong, He can and will do better. His play (and stats) will only improve if Montreal finally gets a stable first line RW.

Quote:
I wish people would stop using this as an argument. What, since you have more money than I do, and can afford to go to all games, that automatically means you know more than me. WRONG! I challenge you anytime to prove me otherwise.

Quote:

The reason why Hossa and Hainsey are in the majority of proposals is because we believe there improvement has stalled. They may not be able to improve any more in our system. That doesn't mean that they won't thrive in another teams system. We saw that with Svitov in Tampa Bay this year.

Finally, I agree with stopping the Zednik for the 7th Overall proposals. Not because the value is unfair, but more that Zednik will not be dealt in the near future, unless Gainey gets something spectacular in return.

Old
06-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio

Old
06-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

Seems to me if you have season tics you'd at least know that Zednik usually goes back and forth between the 1st and 2nd lines.

Also, is a player's value only determined by his goal total? If so, I was wrong all along about Czerkawski, that guy's a keeper.

Old
06-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Also, is a player's value only determined by his goal total? If so, I was wrong all along about Czerkawski, that guy's a keeper.

Old
06-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Rand

Personally I think Zednik is a very good player, not great but certainly a guy many would like.
He's a very safe bet for 20goals/yr, has an excellent shot and is willing to play physical and drive to the net.
He's a decent forchecker and can hold his own defensively.
He's also a team player and gives 100% every game.

His play making skills are very poor, and his on-ice intelligence/vision are merely average.
Give him a playmaking Center and another two-way winger on the other side and he'll do quite nicely for any team.

Old
06-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Give him a playmaking Center and another two-way winger on the other side and he'll do quite nicely for any team.
I would love to see him play a whole season with Koivu and Kovalev but I don't think Kovy is gonna stay in Montreal sadly

Anyways, Zednik is a blast to watch especially when he drives to the net, he has determination and grit wich I love!

Old
06-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Personally I think Zednik is a very good player, not great but certainly a guy many would like.
He's a very safe bet for 20goals/yr, has an excellent shot and is willing to play physical and drive to the net.
He's a decent forchecker and can hold his own defensively.
He's also a team player and gives 100% every game.

His play making skills are very poor, and his on-ice intelligence/vision are merely average.
That's a pretty accurate analysis. Watching Zednik on a two-on-one makes me cringe when he's the puck carrier cuz no matter how bad the angle, 97 times out of 100 he's shooting.

Old
06-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Mizral

Personally, I feel Zednik is poised for another 30 - 35 goal season. The 7th pick for Zednik, this year at least, I would call an overpayment by the Canadiens.

I'd absolutely adore to see him on the Canucks.

Old
06-20-2004, 06:12 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Personally, I feel Zednik is poised for another 30 - 35 goal season. The 7th pick for Zednik, this year at least, I would call an overpayment by the Canadiens.

I'd absolutely adore to see him on the Canucks.
zednik would be a good fit with the sedins, an awesome fit. he'd go the net, he'll shoot, he'll take passes off the boards

that would be a very very good combination

Old
06-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
zednik would be a good fit with the sedins, an awesome fit. he'd go the net, he'll shoot, he'll take passes off the boards

that would be a very very good combination
I agree. I haven't seen much of the Sedins but from what I've seen, their game seems to complete Zed's one a lot.

Closed Thread