HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mezaros traded to T-Bay

Old
08-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
I totally forgot Tampa had Kolzig. Wow. I think I argued all they had was Mike Smith in another thread. I feel lame

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Guy Caballero

Good deal for Ottawa, but not this year . . .

This is awesome. Teams in the East seem to be clearing a path for Montreal. With a thinner blue line, Ottawa takes another step back. Pittsburgh loses Malone, Hossa, and Whitney (at least to start the season), and the Rags lose Jagr. It's like they're all stepping aside to make the Habs the consensus favorite in the East. Perfect timing.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 05:13 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post

This is awesome. Teams in the East seem to be clearing a path for Montreal. With a thinner blue line, Ottawa takes another step back. Pittsburgh loses Malone, Hossa, and Whitney (at least to start the season), and the Rags lose Jagr. It's like they're all stepping aside to make the Habs the consensus favorite in the East. Perfect timing.
Just imagine adding Sundin now.

Phillips and Volchenkov wouldn't have a hope in hell covering Sundin, Kovalev, Kostitsyn Bros, Koivu, Tanguay.. leaving us to feast on Lee and Schubert, Lee who will be great in time but is small and inexperienced.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 05:31 PM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
While they may not have "won" the trade, TB looks really good now and not only for this year...

They will probably ice 5 D under 25 this year, most of them being capable NHL D men already (Ranger, Carle, Mesz, O'Brien), they also have Smith in net who's still young (and Ramo - 21) and drafted Stamkos who'll play for them this season... let's hope they do OK cause them adding another young top talent could make them a scary team a few years from now...
Well now that he signed 6 years at 4 per it looks better for TB as long as Mezaros plays well the next few years. If he plays as badly as Ottawa fans seem to think he will they may regret it.

Kuba seems to get a lot of respect but he's a minus player almost every year. Picard seems to get respect except for his non-physical play. Even a late first is not a bad thing to have.

Seems to be a good deal, Ottawa needs to fill out their D, Tampa needs more quality less quantity.

dcyhabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 05:55 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Well now that he signed 6 years at 4 per it looks better for TB as long as Mezaros plays well the next few years. If he plays as badly as Ottawa fans seem to think he will they may regret it.

Kuba seems to get a lot of respect but he's a minus player almost every year. Picard seems to get respect except for his non-physical play. Even a late first is not a bad thing to have.

Seems to be a good deal, Ottawa needs to fill out their D, Tampa needs more quality less quantity.
Agreed, but lets not forget that not so long ago (last year) they didnt have quality nor quantity...

When you're stuck with Ranger as your 1st D (Boyle injured) or guys like Ward/D'Arche as second liners for big chunks of the season... ANYbody labeled NHL is welcomed...

Now it will be for TB management to do their job, e.g. do everything they can to help the youngsters develop, get rid of the ones who don't pan out, etc...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 06:11 PM
le_sean

Tampa Bay should have a decent team this year. The defence is young and inexperienced but they have a lot of depth upfront. They should be a very exciting team to watch. With all the additions this summer, remember they still have a Top 3-5 player in the entire league with Lecavalier, a very good winger in St. Louis and they have strong chemistry with Prospal. Stamkos is a franchise player, he gets to play with a talented Vrbata who had a great year in Phoenix and Malone gets to make space for the two of them. Those are two very scary lines if that 2nd one clicks.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Kuba in a fine d-man, key though is Alex Picard that could potentially turn out as a real fine 2-way defenceman. Word from Sanscartier who's the Sens commentator is that the 1st rounder they acquired might end up being part of something else....like acquiring Khabibulin....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
slocheauska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post

Pittsburgh was already a great team before the Hossa's trade and Satan can easily do what Malone did last season for the Pens.
The Rangers now have Naslund and Zherdev.
Gagné and Bergeron able to play in Philly and Boston respectively, plus Ryder with the Bruins won't make it easier for the Habs either.

I don't think it's gonna be easy for the Habs this year to be 1st in the East...

slocheauska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:05 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocheauska View Post
Pittsburgh was already a great team before the Hossa's trade and Satan can easily do what Malone did last season for the Pens.
The Rangers now have Naslund and Zherdev.
Gagné and Bergeron able to play in Philly and Boston respectively, plus Ryder with the Bruins won't make it easier for the Habs either.

I don't think it's gonna be easy for the Habs this year to be 1st in the East...
How in hell will Satan do whatever Malone did last year????How in hell???? Have you ever seen any NHL player live????

Naslund is playing poorly now and Zherdev is a headcase...in no way are they better this year without Jagr and Avery.

Ryder makes Boston a contender???Bergeron is young and VERY GOOD, but he is no franchise player to me... I never saw him really dominate a game, though I saw him almost only against the habs. I still think he is overrated as far as his impact on a team. I no way is he a top player in the league...he might become one, but now he really isn't dominant.

Everything you listed is seen as a downgrade for me...(except Bergeron's return) For Ryder...well we all hated the guy for a reason...

Let's face it...we are gonna be the best team in the east again....

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:18 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
How in hell will Satan do whatever Malone did last year????How in hell???? Have you ever seen any NHL player live????

Naslund is playing poorly now and Zherdev is a headcase...in no way are they better this year without Jagr and Avery.

Ryder makes Boston a contender???Bergeron is young and VERY GOOD, but he is no franchise player to me... I never saw him really dominate a game, though I saw him almost only against the habs. I still think he is overrated as far as his impact on a team. I no way is he a top player in the league...he might become one, but now he really isn't dominant.

Everything you listed is seen as a downgrade for me...(except Bergeron's return) For Ryder...well we all hated the guy for a reason...

Homer ??!!???!!1?

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:39 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
Homer ??!!???!!1?
While the guy is "axagerating" a bit... I think we can agree that Satan/Fedotenko is a huge downgrade from Hossa/Malone, they also lost THE heavyweight in the league (Laraque) and some vet. leadership (Roberts)... so' Pitt got worse, not by much, true, but still worse!

Buffalo, Philadelphia, Carolina, Atlanta are basically the same

NYI, NJ, Florida didnt "really" upgrade

NYR changed half their roster so! anything can happen

TB improved offense but their D will be VERY young + they still don't have a great goalie

WAS replaced Huet with Theodore, that doesnt smell improvement to me...

Ott didnt improve with their latest trade...

Toronto will fight for 1st overall...

Boston added Ryder, hit or miss...

Habs lost Streit/Ryder but added Laraque and Tanguay : TOP heavy weight / probably the best forward to join an eastern team... and still have $ to spend on a GOOD player!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 02:01 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Huh?

What are you talking about?
me i just skip its posts.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 02:20 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
While the guy is "axagerating" a bit... I think we can agree that Satan/Fedotenko is a huge downgrade from Hossa/Malone, they also lost THE heavyweight in the league (Laraque) and some vet. leadership (Roberts)... so' Pitt got worse, not by much, true, but still worse!

Buffalo, Philadelphia, Carolina, Atlanta are basically the same

NYI, NJ, Florida didnt "really" upgrade

NYR changed half their roster so! anything can happen

TB improved offense but their D will be VERY young + they still don't have a great goalie

WAS replaced Huet with Theodore, that doesnt smell improvement to me...

Ott didnt improve with their latest trade...

Toronto will fight for 1st overall...

Boston added Ryder, hit or miss...

Habs lost Streit/Ryder but added Laraque and Tanguay : TOP heavy weight / probably the best forward to join an eastern team... and still have $ to spend on a GOOD player!
good post.

+ tons of prospects along with Picks to trade if neccessary. Bob IS on a mission to bring a cup to Montreal. He will do everything neccessary and in his power to do so this season as it is the 100th and he has pretty much stated so. When he took the Job he said that he was on a 5 yr rebuilding program to restock the cupboards and develop a team on the Ice to win a cup.

Get ready and buckle up boys and girls.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 02:23 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
Homer ??!!???!!1?
n00b??!!???!!1?

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
slocheauska

Quote:

Well, it's all speculations. There's nothing to do except wait and see.

slocheauska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Boston adds Bergeron
Philly adds Gagné

Tons of teams lost a lot of key players in key time while we were kinda lucky in that department. People are just underrating injuries effect as far as last year is concerned...

But since we can't predict who'll be injured and who won't, we still can predict that IF Bergeron and Gagné do not suffer from any side effects due to their injury, they made their team a much better one. They obviously bring their own contribution but make their teamates better around them.

Then TBay obviously improved. At one point? We obviously don't know but they do look like a playoff team to me.

And while the Sens do not look as strong as they have looked in the past, they did get rid of Emery....you know that famous "addition by substraction theory" we all love to use when it suits us....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Macbeth

Quote:
n00b??!!???!!1?
Sure !!!!?&!?!!

Old
08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Boston adds Bergeron
Philly adds Gagné

Tons of teams lost a lot of key players in key time while we were kinda lucky in that department. People are just underrating injuries effect as far as last year is concerned...

But since we can't predict who'll be injured and who won't, we still can predict that IF Bergeron and Gagné do not suffer from any side effects due to their injury, they made their team a much better one. They obviously bring their own contribution but make their teamates better around them.

Then TBay obviously improved. At one point? We obviously don't know but they do look like a playoff team to me.

And while the Sens do not look as strong as they have looked in the past, they did get rid of Emery....you know that famous "addition by substraction theory" we all love to use when it suits us....
I feel Tampa's biggest challenge is to gel all these newcomers to form a winning team.

If they get to do that, they might as well be playoffs bound.

Otherwise it looks like a ragtag bunch of spare parts cobbled together at the last minute.

Old
08-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Tampa Bay should have a decent team this year. The defence is young and inexperienced but they have a lot of depth upfront. They should be a very exciting team to watch. With all the additions this summer, remember they still have a Top 3-5 player in the entire league with Lecavalier, a very good winger in St. Louis and they have strong chemistry with Prospal. Stamkos is a franchise player, he gets to play with a talented Vrbata who had a great year in Phoenix and Malone gets to make space for the two of them. Those are two very scary lines if that 2nd one clicks.
That is still to be determined. They have a new management, new coach and about 10 new regular roster players, even more if you count Halpern/Jokinen/Smith that came in at the deadline last year.
Nobody knows if they'll have good chemistry. The good thing is that they actually have 2 good top lines now, but Lecavalier had a very serious shoulder injury so maybe he won't be that dominant next season.

I feel too many changes happened for them to just all click next year and who knows how Melrose will do.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That is still to be determined. They have a new management, new coach and about 10 new regular roster players, even more if you count Halpern/Jokinen/Smith that came in at the deadline last year.
Nobody knows if they'll have good chemistry. The good thing is that they actually have 2 good top lines now, but Lecavalier had a very serious shoulder injury so maybe he won't be that dominant next season.

I feel too many changes happened for them to just all click next year and who knows how Melrose will do.
Well I guess I shouldn't have said decent team, we don't know how they will click. The more appropriate term is dangerous. They have enough weapons that when their offence is on, they will be a lot to handle. It seems like a team that will be a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde type, game in and game out you don't know which group of players will show up.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote