HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will be our leading goal scorer?

View Poll Results: Who will be our leading goal scorer?
Chris Higgins 25 9.06%
Alex Kovalev 89 32.25%
Andrei Kostitsyn 116 42.03%
Saku Koivu 5 1.81%
Thomas Plekanek 9 3.26%
Alex Tanguay 31 11.23%
Other? 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
  #126
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
LW11 is not italian
Aside from American what is she?

My father's side is Norwegian and my mother's side is German.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
  #127
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
LW11 is not italian
One-track mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Aside from American what is she?

My father's side is Norwegian and my mother's side is German.
All Quebecoise on my mom's side; 1/4 English, 1/8 Anglo-Canadian, and 1/8 Dutch on my dad's side.

Leading goal scorer... I don't know why, I want to say Saku. I just have a hunch.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:37 AM
  #128
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I think your right that's the knid of stats i expect from them.
Here is the rest of our top forwards, IMO:

A.Kost - 33G/31A/64PTS
Kovalev - 31G/45A/76PTS
Plekanec - 30G/36A/66PTS
Higgins - 26G/25A/51PTS
Tanguay - 23G/50A/73PTS

This is providing they play atleast 80 games.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:43 AM
  #129
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
One-track mind



All Quebecoise on my mom's side; 1/4 English, 1/8 Anglo-Canadian, and 1/8 Dutch on my dad's side.

Leading goal scorer... I don't know why, I want to say Saku. I just have a hunch.
Must be why you taste like

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 09:03 AM
  #130
Chelios The Great
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think Latendresse might be able to do it if he gets the icetime.

This is also a great setup for post #15
That is more than a long shot its a miracle!

Chelios The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
  #131
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,060
vCash: 500
Higgins hits 39 this year.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
  #132
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Alexander Perezhogin












I mean AK46

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 12:41 PM
  #133
Passchendaele
Registered User
 
Passchendaele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
My bet is on Kovalev.

My prediction for the 2008-2009 season; Kovy sets a career high for goals.
You do realize his career high is 44 on a PP with Jagr and Lemieux, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Higgins hits 39 this year.


wishful thinking.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 12:58 PM
  #134
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
You do realize his career high is 44 on a PP with Jagr and Lemieux, right?





wishful thinking.
How did I know you were going to show up in this thread? At the beginning of any year, all fans are full of optimism. I optimistic about Higgins, you aren't.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 01:01 PM
  #135
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
How did I know you were going to show up in this thread? At the beginning of any year, all fans are full of optimism. I optimistic about Higgins, you aren't.
rather than be scornful of the young man, we should show appreciation in the way he cares enough about us to step in, trying desperattely to shield us from possible disapointment.


otoh,maybe he's just a pain in the ass.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
  #136
Passchendaele
Registered User
 
Passchendaele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
rather than be scornful of the young man, we should show appreciation in the way he cares enough about us to step in, trying desperattely to shield us from possible disapointment.


otoh,maybe he's just a pain in the ass.
Il be back next summer with some of your predictions guys.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 01:15 PM
  #137
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Il be back next summer with some of your predictions guys.
I understand this to mean that you'll be like a Leaf fan when the Stanley Cup experiences are discussed, scarce ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
  #138
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 500
I'll say A. Kostitsyn. I think he has a good chance for 35 this year.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
  #139
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
rather than be scornful of the young man, we should show appreciation in the way he cares enough about us to step in, trying desperattely to shield us from possible disapointment.


otoh,maybe he's just a pain in the ass.
Yes, kinda like the UN...and we know how that usually works out.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
  #140
King Kovalev
Registered User
 
King Kovalev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Poland
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
You do realize his career high is 44 on a PP with Jagr and Lemieux, right?

Kovalev only got 12 PP goals that year. 44-12= 32
He got 2 SH goals. 30-2= 30.
So thats 30 even strength goals. Playing with Hrdina, Lang, Straka or Morozov most of the time.
You do realize that he barely ever played with Jagr or Lemieux on the same line, right?

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
  #141
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Voted Higgy.

Hey, I can dream.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
  #142
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
Kovalev only got 12 PP goals that year. 44-12= 32
He got 2 SH goals. 30-2= 30.
So thats 30 even strength goals. Playing with Hrdina, Lang, Straka or Morozov most of the time.
You do realize that he barely ever played with Jagr or Lemieux on the same line, right?
you'r talking to Passchendaele, there's no point in arguing the king of pessimisim, in 2 years he'l be hiding in the biggest hole he can find when mostly evreything he said didn't go as plan

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:35 PM
  #143
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Il be back next summer with some of your predictions guys.
Great to know your life revolves around bashing Hab's players and trying to prove their fans wrong, keep it up buddy.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 10:43 AM
  #144
Passchendaele
Registered User
 
Passchendaele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
you'r talking to Passchendaele, there's no point in arguing the king of pessimisim, in 2 years he'l be hiding in the biggest hole he can find when mostly evreything he said didn't go as plan
Quite honestly, I might turn out to be wrong on a few things.. but if you guys expect Kovalev to score 45+ goals, you are dead wrong. That's just called homerism.

30-35 goals, 75-80 pts max, book it. And I'll gladly take the blame one year from now if I'm wrong.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  #145
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Quite honestly, I might turn out to be wrong on a few things.. but if you guys expect Kovalev to score 45+ goals, you are dead wrong. That's just called homerism.

30-35 goals, 75-80 pts max, book it. And I'll gladly take the blame one year from now if I'm wrong.
no, your probably right on Kovalev,

but when it comes to prospects....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
  #146
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Quite honestly, I might turn out to be wrong on a few things.. but if you guys expect Kovalev to score 45+ goals, you are dead wrong. That's just called homerism.

30-35 goals, 75-80 pts max, book it. And I'll gladly take the blame one year from now if I'm wrong.
Here is my predictions from earlier:

A.Kost - 33G/31A/64PTS
Kovalev - 31G/45A/76PTS
Plekanec - 30G/36A/66PTS
Higgins - 26G/25A/51PTS
Tanguay - 23G/50A/73PTS

Am I too a Homer? I'm a realist. GTFO Hater.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 05:34 AM
  #147
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Here is my predictions from earlier:

A.Kost - 33G/31A/64PTS
Kovalev - 31G/45A/76PTS
Plekanec - 30G/36A/66PTS
Higgins - 26G/25A/51PTS
Tanguay - 23G/50A/73PTS

Am I too a Homer? I'm a realist. GTFO Hater.
Good prediction.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.