HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Part VI... Return of the Rabbi (Brisebois edition).

View Poll Results: Who loves who more??
Beaker loves LW more 11 52.38%
LW loves Beaker more 7 33.33%
Tie 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2008, 11:57 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Cars are overrated ... . An old horse or a bicycle are doing the job . Car are for people .

Me ? yes , I have a car; why ?

Old
08-31-2008, 12:38 AM
1UP

http://www.saaq.qc.ca/services-saaqc...stionnaire.htm

200 something questions. Have fun

Old
08-31-2008, 01:33 AM
peperebougon*

Yesterday I went to a store to buy socks...there were black ones and white ones. Before making a decision wich one to buy, I thought 'Hey let's ask some guys on an internet sports forum...they'll know what to do!'

so...what should I do????

Old
08-31-2008, 01:40 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
Yesterday I went to a store to buy socks...there were black ones and white ones. Before making a decision wich one to buy, I thought 'Hey let's ask some guys on an internet sports forum...they'll know what to do!'

so...what should I do????
Go sockless.

Old
08-31-2008, 01:40 AM
Next Best Thing*

Most driving places sell you the CD questionnaire, others give it to you with the book/package etc.. all you gotta do is ask for it. Oh and most driving schools also have the computers to practice on too, I am assuming you didnt call a driving school here yet, and are only doing the theory exam for now?

Its pretty easy to do the test, you just have to remember a lot of things by heart, like if im stopped by an officer and im drunk, what will happen (of course the correct answer here is to speed up to 140mph and race them), will my car get towed, how much is the fine, etc.. the number of days they suspend your licence for this, that, bla bla.. a lot of numbers. When you give Priority is very important too.

Im actually proud to say I passed BOTH in one try

When u do ur actual practice exam make sure u look good to ur sides. Turn ur head almost 90 degrees they wanna see that.

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 08-31-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old
08-31-2008, 01:46 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Go sockless.
Thanks!!!! I knew I would find enlightment here!!!!

Old
08-31-2008, 02:32 AM
prevail

remember abreast means side by side

Old
08-31-2008, 02:39 AM
Passchendaele

I failed my first attempt at it (only 1 good out of 3). The 2nd time, I was so nervous that I must have (re)read the book a thousand times. I even brought it on the bus on my way to the SAAQ on Henri-Bourassa. Finally, it was much easier.

The funny part, is that I'd probably fail the test again if I had to re-do it tomorrow. Got my probatory license ten months ago but haven't hit the road since.

Old
08-31-2008, 08:57 AM
GNick42

Habs Heroes: The Greatest Canadiens ever 1 to 100 is coming out in October...could be good read for Habs fans

Old
08-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Habs Heroes: The Greatest Canadiens ever 1 to 100 is coming out in October...could be good read for Habs fans
Oh, I'll have to pick this up for sure. I wonder where Samsonov ranks!

Old
08-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I've got the test here if you want it. It's not the same program but the questions are almost the same. (Courtesy of poster Sined)

Old
08-31-2008, 12:09 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I never did exercices\read anything prior to taking the test.

Use your pure logic and you'll pass easily, that's what I did.

Old
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
CenterHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins77 View Post
In about 1 week I will be doing my knowledge test for driving in Quebec, and I was wondering if there was a good place where I can do quizes to test myself. This is the first time I will be doing this quiz so I want to be prepared rather than fail and do it a second time. I'm looking for a quiz/test that is more or less similar to the questions on the actual knowledge test.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Here's a sample for you, whaat does this sign mean?

If you said "NO left turn" you are correct. Read the answers carefully.

Old
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
kostitsyn1489

I did take course before i did the tes as i wanted my liscense earlier, but i ended up with only 2 mistakes in the whole test or something like that.

If they talk about a dangerous situation, you just take the safest option.
If it's about sign, usually 2 of the 4 answers or even 3 of them wont make any sense.

Read the questions and read every answers, use your brain and you should pass easily. You've also got lots of times so dont be in any kind of hurry.

Old
08-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

I have a CD that is in a .cue file. If you're interested let me know via Private Message and I'll give you the link and an explanation on how to mount the image.

Old
08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Haddock

So the loser clique got the booth. I knew we should have made it about internet dating instead.

Saint-moutarde!

Old
09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
So the loser clique got the booth. I knew we should have made it about internet dating instead.

Saint-moutarde!
Whut hapened

Old
09-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Haddock

Well, nothing now apparently. The thread was locked during the night and is now re-opened. Weirder things have happened I guess.

Old
09-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Well, nothing now apparently. The thread was locked during the night and is now re-opened. Weirder things have happened I guess.
My bad... I didn't understand it... I thought the thread was calling people losers... I thought it was flaming, but then i realized it was self-directed so i re-opened it.

I was tired last night due to Jet-Lag.

Sorry man.

Old
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
nas84

i saw the book at chapters on ste catherines. wasnt on sale...sucks, would have been a perfect coffee table book

Old
09-02-2008, 10:26 AM
neofury*

Quote:
In about 1 week I will be doing my knowledge test for driving in Quebec, and I was wondering if there was a good place where I can do quizes to test myself. This is the first time I will be doing this quiz so I want to be prepared rather than fail and do it a second time. I'm looking for a quiz/test that is more or less similar to the questions on the actual knowledge test.
The test is a JOKE man. I admitedly failed the road signs test the first time but did not study at all.

My advice, repeatedly do their online test 1-2 hours before you leave until you keep hitting above 90% as the questions are near identical to the ones you will see on your test and the ways they try to trick you will become clear when you get the answers wrong.

Sure there are 1000 questions, but it's a base of 200 questions asked each 5 different ways, so ultimately doing the online quiz 3-4x should make you a pro.

I find the signs to be the hardest because it is the fewest questions therefore, fewest chances to be wrong and some of the signs sort of trick you (Mainly the answers and their similarities)

Anyways good luck, it's an EZ test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I did take course before i did the tes as i wanted my liscense earlier, but i ended up with only 2 mistakes in the whole test or something like that.

If they talk about a dangerous situation, you just take the safest option.
If it's about sign, usually 2 of the 4 answers or even 3 of them wont make any sense.

Read the questions and read every answers, use your brain and you should pass easily. You've also got lots of times so dont be in any kind of hurry.
That's the problem with signs. Normally 2 make sense, but only one is right.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-02-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
I have a CD with over 1000 questions SAAdeCul style. PM me if you're interested, it's also for Trucks, Motorcycles and whatnots. Also, try this:
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/

On the right, in Service en ligne, try Evaluez vos connaissances en ligne.

Also, **** the SAAQ! Although the test is a joke.

Old
09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
habs1988

Hi guys!

Our team is looking for a player for our cosom hockey team based in MTL.

We need a very good player playing forward. We will play in the C caliber, but we need an impact forward because we lost one. Of course, this is an amical league and we are a very funny team so, don't be shy!

If you are interested, the games are each Thursday and you are OBLIGATE (or almost for exceptions) to participate to each game.

The season begins on September 11 and it costs 90$.

We are a French team, but English are welcomed to haha!

Just PM me!

Old
09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
AD

True story I shall post here and in the LW thread.

So some of my friends and I go out to celebrate our birthdays (three guys all born in late august).

(We had a wine party at this guy's house.. then we went to Boule Noire for some pool then we went to Pang Pang for Karaoke.. whatev)

Needless to say.. some alcohol was consumed throughout this shindig on the road.

At Boule Noire, I was sitting with a another couple slightly apart from the rest of the peeps playing pool and we were discussing seomthing about my wife and some other girl (new girlfriend of a friend) who were playing at a table.

From across the room, someone calls me to come check out and compares *****. Of course, I oblige.

I get to where they're sitting, one girl tells me to check out the table with my wife (About 3 feet away). I kneel and look left and I see what I thought to be my wife's ass right in front of me. She bends over the table slightly to play shoot the next ball and I see that her (too short for comfort) dress rides up revealing ever so subtly some under-ass.

I figure: "why not".. so I reach out slightly, and grab her bare ass under her skirt and then give her a little slap.

She quickly shoots up. Turns around.. and ... *oh crap* I realise its not my wife.

It was the other (new) girlfriend but they were both wearing a short black dress that night.

Needless to say, I have a new nickname.

Old
09-04-2008, 01:11 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Youtube? Pics? Something?

Closed Thread