HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

chi-la

Old
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

vCash: 500
chi-la

this is my first trade that doesn't involve the Islanders, so flame away, but don't flame too hard.

to LA: Khabibulin, Sopel
to CHI: Ivanans, 2nd '09, 4th '10

LA gets a goalie and regular NHL defenseman, both with experience, as well as being able to hit the cap floor.

CHI gets a tough guy from by looking at their roster they seem to lack (byfuglien maybe?), as well as some draft picks in deep drafts (don't know if the kings still own those picks but the value seems right).

i don't know what either team's rosters look like but i want to know if this is fair enough value. too little? too much?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Why would the kings want Sopel back
Also ivanans is our best tough guy

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
funky

Talent wise not overly bad, I would think if Chicago is in need of dumping salary they would be the one offering up the 2nd. One thing DL has to remember is he has to keep his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders in case of an offer sheet.

If the Kings are trading with Chicago I would love to get Barker. With Chicago's stacked defensive line and appaent need to cut salary I would counter propose

Khabibulin and Barker

for

Labarbera, Preissing and Hickey

Gives L.A a new starter to mentor Ersberg/ Benier, and a young defenseman able to fill a top 4 role this year.

Gives Chicago cap relief, a quality back-up for Huet, a veteran dman w a great first pass, and a top prospect that is a few years away to take over for Preissing when his contract is up.

funky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No thanks.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
AngryBeavers
Suh Nation

L.A. says no.. Why would they even need to give up the picks?

Just because L.A. is under the floor doesn't mean they need to trade for a bloated contract like Khabi's.. We've all been over this before.. All they need to do is sign their RFAs and sign a UFA or 2..

Chicago needs to ditch salary WAY more than L.A. needs to take it on.. So just no.. L.A. shouldn't ever had to give up a 2nd rounder in a trade for Khabi.. Ever!

AngryBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Talent wise not overly bad, I would think if Chicago is in need of dumping salary they would be the one offering up the 2nd. One thing DL has to remember is he has to keep his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders in case of an offer sheet.

If the Kings are trading with Chicago I would love to get Barker. With Chicago's stacked defensive line and appaent need to cut salary I would counter propose

Khabibulin and Barker

for

Labarbera, Preissing and Hickey

Gives L.A a new starter to mentor Ersberg/ Benier, and a young defenseman able to fill a top 4 role this year.

Gives Chicago cap relief, a quality back-up for Huet, a veteran dman w a great first pass, and a top prospect that is a few years away to take over for Preissing when his contract is up.
so you would take an often injured barker for our most experienced dman and our 2nd best D-prospect? -_-

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Barker not all that why trade him for our #1Dman plus a top prospect

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Sens Mile

Chicago is trying to get rid of Khabibulin and for his expensive salary they shouldn't be looking for a top notch draft pick. They should be thankful for whatever they get because its a mere salary dump.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBeavers View Post
L.A. says no.. Why would they even need to give up the picks?

Just because L.A. is under the floor doesn't mean they need to trade for a bloated contract like Khabi's.. We've all been over this before.. All they need to do is sign their RFAs and sign a UFA or 2..

Chicago needs to ditch salary WAY more than L.A. needs to take it on.. So just no.. L.A. shouldn't ever had to give up a 2nd rounder in a trade for Khabi.. Ever!
Maybe they'd do it in order to improve their team. Seriously, at some point LA might actually want to win a few games. This deal makes them better now, and doesn't really take at all away from the future.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Kopistar

What is with these Kings trading for Bulin proposal's and rumors? The Kings do not need to add to the cap, they will get there in time, also adding Bulin would just create more of a log jam at goalie than they need. Ersberg, Labs and Bernier will battle for the top 2 spots.

Kopistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveStoned View Post
What is with these Kings trading for Bulin proposal's and rumors? The Kings do not need to add to the cap, they will get there in time, also adding Bulin would just create more of a log jam at goalie than they need. Ersberg, Labs and Bernier will battle for the top 2 spots.
... I think you answered your own question.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 07:28 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
... I think you answered your own question.
Not really, having 4 mediocre or inexperienced goalies battling for 2 spots is no better than 3.

The only way a Kings trade for a goalie will realistically work out is if labarbera goes the other way.

Also the logic of "Chi needs a tough guy" really doesn't work, because If Ivanans is moved than "LA needs a tough guy" so its just creating a hole on one team to fill another.

There are also too many crackers still in Los Angeles for Sopel to return here. The last one took him out, who knows, the next one could kill him.

And finally, we'll keep our 2nd, if any team really wants to dump salary they won't be getting high picks out of us, it'll much more likely be the other way around.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Maybe they'd do it in order to improve their team. Seriously, at some point LA might actually want to win a few games. This deal makes them better now, and doesn't really take at all away from the future.
Really, well Khabi will be here for a year, and Sopel will not make us all that better. We've had him before and he didn't help us much.

The point when LA will start winning games is when our prospects mature, and until then we need to keep getting prospects because obviously not all of them pan out. Now why would we trade a 2nd and 4th round pick in a ridiculously deep draft for 2 overaged mediocre players who will not really change the season were going to have. I mean come on that 2nd round pick could basically be considered a late 1st round pick with how deep the draft is.

Plus, Ivanans is considered one of the best heavyweights in the league, and with all of our young guns on forward we need someone to keep them from getting shots taken at them. In fact, I think that losing Ivanans would have more of an impact on the outcome of next season than the addition of Khabi and Sopel would.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote