HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will the powerplay look like?

Old
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
improve by default? Somehow with Mr. Stubborn this team had the 8th best PP during his first two seasons. Why was that and why didn't Renney, er Pelino, figure out what worked in the prior two seasons and at least try it last season?
Pelino? he had nothing to do with the Powerplay, do you mean Perry Pearn?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 07:53 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
improve by default? Somehow with Mr. Stubborn this team had the 8th best PP during his first two seasons. Why was that and why didn't Renney, er Pelino, figure out what worked in the prior two seasons and at least try it last season?
out pp last season absolutely killed us and at times, we were all wishing we could decline the penalty. thats how bad it was. - 0 for 5 seemed like a given most nights.

renney seemed to be powerless over jagrs stubborness. pearn was a mere puppet, it was jj that ran that powerplay....... into the ground.

having no jagr and straka playin pattycake with the puck and refusing to shoot it makes us better. period.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Fletch

I did...not sure why I said Pelino, but I'm glad I erased Foligno prior to posting since he's not even a coach with the Rangers.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I did...not sure why I said Pelino, but I'm glad I erased Foligno prior to posting since he's not even a coach with the Rangers.
its alright. you probably were just reading the Pelino thread.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Fletch

Funny you said that...

I was - although in the end, Renney's responsible for the PP. It's amazing to me also. He gets it. To me, he's one of the best out there in analyzing the situation and determining what's wrong. I thought he did it with the PP, but nothing changed. So forget Pearn, it's Renney in any event since he's the head coach.

Old
09-01-2008, 11:55 PM
NYR1724

Why would anyone ever want to play Drury on the point? 80 percent of his goals are absolute garbage one's coming from the front of the net. Not to say that he does not have an absolute cannon, but I think he is a better fit in front.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Fletch

he was tried at the point last season and it didn't look good. He's best as a left winger. The question is where is he second best since Naslund's best as a left winger, Gomez is best as a centerman, and Zherdev is best as a right winger. So Drury comes in after Naslund's first minute, Gomez stays on for 1:15 or a bit more, then Dubi comes in.