HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**Official Traverse City Prospect Tournament Thread**

Old
09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Awesome the Grachev is gonna be there, should be interesting to see what he brings. And I expect Anisimov and Sanguinetti to dominate.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Richie Rich

Good to see mini Messier is not taking a spot from a more deserving candidate.

Richie Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 09:00 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Traverse City Tourney

I am quite excited about the guys we have there this year.

With some solid players that could net a look in the NHL this is much better than what kind of talent we had in the system 3-5 years ago.

I am hoping for a good showing. And on top of that, training camp coming up as well. I am hoping at least 2 prospects crack the roster.

I would rather see rismiller and voros ride the bench while we get some of these young guys some playing time. We shall see.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 10:29 AM
xander

Not the roster the team has sent over the last few years, but much of that is due to prospect promotion (which is obviously a good thing.) Still some interesting talents on that roster. You'd certainly like to see Anisimov and Sanguinetti have statement series, as both are comeing off strong seasons. Some of the recent draft picks are intriuging: the scouting report on Grachev is nice, and the Czech defensemen has also had some good print of late. Del Zotto is, of course, also on the radar. Hard to expect much out of tryouts, but Dan Girardi is an opening day top 4 defensemen with the big club, so you never know. I will say that guys who are 6'5" (Dowzak) rarely get cut (or go unsigned) if they can move at all, but who knows.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

A team is limited to two or three 2007-08 AHL players on its Traverse City roster (as I remember it is flexible when it comes to goaltending).

Plus there is no limit on how many times a prospect can participate. Tomas Zaborsky will be attending his third TC tourney.

I will be leaving for the tourney on the 12th and will be available for questions on these boards at a certain time, every day. I am in the process of setting it up.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

hell yeah

Woohoo...give us the skinny when you can.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
A team is limited to two or three 2007-08 AHL players on its Traverse City roster (as I remember it is flexible when it comes to goaltending).

Plus there is no limit on how many times a prospect can participate. Tomas Zaborsky will be attending his third TC tourney.

I will be leaving for the tourney on the 12th and will be available for questions on these boards at a certain time, every day. I am in the process of setting it up.
Leslie I would like as many Zabrosky updates as possible. I know he had a great tourny last year. I'm hoping for a repeat performance. Zabrosky did get his ELC right?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Nich

z intrigues me...he has never really been one of my fav prospects and i have no idea as to why actually, so i am going to start paying more attention this tourney

and i can not wait to see ani....

also, would it still be under ncaa rules if hagelin was invited? i mean they can attend but would have to pay their own way right?

so someone get that man a rental car to drive up from the University of Michigan!!! i mean really, would he be breaking any rules???

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
z intrigues me...he has never really been one of my fav prospects and i have no idea as to why actually, so i am going to start paying more attention this tourney

also, would it still be under ncaa rules if hagelin was invited? i mean they can attend but would have to pay their own way right?

so someone get that man a rental car to drive up from the University of Michigan!!! i mean really, would he be breaking any rules???
And if he somehow gets injured I don't think the Michigan coach would be too happy.

Old
09-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
And if he somehow gets injured I don't think the Michigan coach would be too happy.
understandable. but really right now i am just curious if it could be done. maybe the year he is thinking about going pro, he can use this camp to test his skills or motivate him.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post

School's already started. Hagelin's first obligation is to his studies and his team. The Rangers knew the score when they drafted him, they are willing to wait.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
School's already started. Hagelin's first obligation is to his studies and his team. The Rangers knew the score when they drafted him, they are willing to wait.
Let him finish his college, I don't wanna see another Jessiman mistake made.

Old
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
68Forever

I believe Anisimov will wow everyone with his new body( I think he's 208) and will earn himself a roster spot from his play at the tournament.

68Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Forever View Post
I believe Anisimov will wow everyone with his new body( I think he's 208) and will earn himself a roster spot from his play at the tournament.
i really hope so.....i would love to see him push for the third line center spot and see what he can do in the nhl, but, if renney and co. dont think he is ready then i will agree with thier decision because they have been spot-on with pretty much everyone they have dealt with.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 07:08 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Forever View Post
Where'd you get that number? During prospect camp in June Renney said he was actually a little lighter than he had been a year ago...

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Looks like the Blue Jackets will have one potent line in Traverse City:

Quote:
With Nikita Filatov, Jakub Voracek and Maksim Mayorov on the roster, the Blue Jackets have a chance to put together a lethal line. Hard to believe, but the Blue Jackets might have the most elite talent in the eight-team pool.
This is from Puck Rakers.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Zaborsky has his ELC, and the Rangers will be watching him closely for signs of growth as to becoming a go-to guy. He had a good tourney last season, but did not particularly stand out. That is what the Rangers are looking for this year.

Hagelin is at Michigan and will be staying there at least through this year. There was no question about him returning to college.

Old
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
kblanch1

Leslie, I'll be looking forward to updates on Dowzak. He is a big kid who is pretty tough. Kinda curious to hear if he can skate at all with those prospects or if he looks really slow.
He got hurt in his draft year...so he didn't get drafted. But he has nice size, and played for Team Orr in the Top Prospects game a couple of years ago. He also played a few games in the ECHL at the end of last season.

So I'd like to see how he does in camp.

kblanch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

I think Dowzak's terrible plus/minus rating kept him from being picked up in his second year of eligibility. It looked like he might have turned things around last season, but even if he does not catch on with the Rangers or get an AHL contract now, he is still eligible for an overage year in the Dub. I'll try to talk to him next week, and will be watching of course.

Right now, the talking is an issue, as I have a bad case of laryngitis following a cold. Could be ugly if I am talking to folks and sounding like a frog. Hope it goes away by Saturday.

Old
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
squishy

The NHL Network is going to broadcast the tournament! Not live, and at the moment not all games are included on the schedule, but according to Slap Shot (which broke the news) the plan is to broadcast the entire thing.

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...ty-tournament/

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 09:37 PM
NYReign

Ah Squishy you beat me to it. Hopefully they'll amend it and show the rest of our games instead of endless Tampa Bay and Atlanta games but something is definitely better than nothing. Definitely a pleasant surprise when I turned NHL Network on tonight.

edit: well I guess I just noticed you beat me to it and didn't bother to read the rest of your post so in any case that's great news lol. Now I just have to make a decision to pay attention in real time or wait for the broadcast...

Last edited by NYReign: 09-09-2008 at 10:02 PM.
NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Yeah was just about to post that too. The confirmed game for the Rangers so far is Wed Sept 17 at 7 ET. Let's hope they get all the games. I would love for NHL network to continue to show more programming like this.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 10:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

NHL Network rocks!

It'll be a nice surprise if all the games are shown, and i think if they are there should be an announcement or a sticky stating the games will be televised.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Was about to post that too...I got beat. Bad.

Hopefully they show more than 1 game tho...what a **** tease. I mean, c'mon!

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
kblanch1

Thank you so much, Leslie. The other guy I am curious about is Dale Weise. He seems like a tough kid who showed a bit of a scoring touch in the dub last season. I'm curious to see how he looks playing with a little better talent.
He is also an overager who could go back to Swift if need be....but we'll see how it works out.
Thanks again...and rest that voice!!

kblanch1 is offline   Reply With Quote