HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik To New York?

Old
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
if we end up with gaborik, im gonna piss my pants, put on a new pair and piss those two.

roszival's salary would have to go the other way.
if gaborik is gone then i think dubinksy would be gone the other way with prucha and maybe dawes as well and no way the wild trade gaborik for an overpaid dman in rozsival or a player that also has a large salary. i think they would want youth so i dont see a deal here.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
if gaborik is gone then i think dubinksy would be gone the other way with prucha and maybe dawes as well and no way the wild trade gaborik for an overpaid dman in rozsival or a player that also has a large salary. i think they would want youth so i dont see a deal here.
still not enough Salary going to Minnesota to allow us to get Gabby.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:51 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You're not really equating Gaborik with Meszaros are you?

The Wild don't have to trade him to the Rangers. The Rangers will have to bid against other teams. And pretty much any team in the league can beat a package of Prucha, Betts and Rozsival.
No...I am not putting them in the same group. I am saying its the same situation. And that we can get him for less than everyone thinks.

If it takes more than what I listed so be it.

Mez made 4 million in his deal. Gaborik is set to make 7.5 in this final year.

This is also about need. The Wild are stacked on Right wings.

They could use some depth down the middle and a good 5 on 5 Dman, as Brent Burns is the only player that put up decent stats. And of his 43 points, 19 came on the PP. And guess who the next person on the list is in terms of dman points, former ranger Kim Johnsson. Rosi would fit in well there, or even Paul Mara.

They won't have Brian Rolston this season which makes them thin at left wing as well.

If we provide them with a quality player at the C, LW, and Dman position a trade is possible.

Now we have to ask, what other team in the NHL can give a quality player of each position that can make an immediate impact that is also below 7.5 million in salary....not many.

So yeah I do think that a package can be put togehter that will make everyone happy, maybe toss in a draft pick or two as well.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Everyone trying to get rid of Rozsival's contract.... it's not going to happen. Minnesota has a very good crew of young Dman. They don't need Rozsival and his $5m.

If they lose Gaborik... they lose any offense they had. There is no logical way for Rozsival to be included in a trade (especially as the centerpiece). MINNESOTA WILL WANT OFFENSE coming back. They lose.... Rolston, Demitra, and Gaborik... and replace them with Rozsival?!

Hence, a Drury trade seems appropriate. Not sure it will happen. But stop with the defenseman trades... Minnesota doesn't need defense, they'll need offense.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Everyone trying to get rid of Rozsival's contract.... it's not going to happen. Minnesota has a very good crew of young Dman. They don't need Rozsival and his $5m.

If they lose Gaborik... they lose any offense they had. There is no logical way for Rozsival to be included in a trade. MINNESOTA WILL WANT OFFENSE coming back.

Hence, a Drury trade seems appropriate. Not sure it will happen. But stop with the defenseman trades... Minnesota doesn't need defense, they'll need offense.
thank you.

Old
09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Did anyone else actually read the article? It's a throw-away line in the "extras" section of a catch-all general sports information article.

Other priceless bits of info appearing above the Gaborik "rumor" in the article include:

Quote:
Horace Gant, who last season was a wide receiver for Division III St. Olaf College, has made the Washington Redskins' practice squad.
Quote:
Former Gophers football coach Glen Mason, whose director of operations at Minnesota was Tim Allen, now at Michigan State, will be the Big Ten Network's analyst for the Spartans' game against Eastern
Quote:
By playing the final 15 holes Monday in 6 under par to shoot 65, Tim Herron of Deephaven moved from 99th to 48th in FedEx Cup points to make the field of 70 for this week's BMW Championship at storied Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis.
I wouldn't put too much stock in this, people. (Especially given the salary cap issues everyone above has pointed out.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:00 AM
GAGLine

I just posted about this on the rumor board thread. In order to fit Gaborik under the cap we absolutely have to trade away one of our big contracts. That means Gomez, Drury, Redden, Rozival or Lundqvist. No way we are trading Lundy and I don't think Redden or Rozival make sense for either team, especially since they both just signed this offseason.

So it comes down to Gomez or Drury. My bet would be Drury since he is less dependent on his wings for scoring, and I think the Rangers would be looking to pair Gomez and Gaborik together.

Cherepanov won't be part of the deal because no one knows for sure if he's coming over. I don't think Minnesota would risk it. I think Sanguinetti or Del Zotto would be part of the deal. Minny could ask for Anisimov, but I don't think the Rangers would be willing to give him up.

Throw in Prucha to shed some more salary and give Minny another NHL level player, and a 2nd or 3rd in 2009 and I think the deal could get done.

That would put Dubinsky as the 2nd line center and our top 6 consist of Gomez, Gaborik, Zherdev, Dubinsky, Dawes and Naslund. Fritsche can take the 3rd line center spot until Anisimov is ready.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:03 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Is Gaborik worth all this? Trading away more kids so he can be injured for the duration of his contract? And his attitude sucks. Giant PASS

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
I'm not so sure you'd have to deal Sanguinetti. You could probably drop him... and maybe move the pick in 2010 to a later round.

Cherepanov, Dawes, 1st in 2009, 3rd in 2010? Would you do that?

How about this. If the deal is done early in the season, does that change things? Then you're getting a solid season out of him
I dont want to give up dawes or cherepanov.

i've grown fond of all our young players but if it had to be someone i'd pick prucha ,he's just so lonely on the team now ,rozsival is his only country-man.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Every big ticket player is still rumored to come to NYC....
Haven't you heard Fletch? Doesn't matter if you're a journalist, blogger, or some dope with a website and too much time on their hands, throw out the words "New York Rangers" in any fantasy trade proposal you can come up with and it instantly gains credibility.

Next summer, I think I'm just taking a 3 month hiatus from the internet entirely.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Is Gaborik worth all this? Trading away more kids so he can be injured for the duration of his contract? And his attitude sucks. Giant PASS
what about his attitude? i dont exactly read the minnesota times so i dont know what you mean.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

This trade rumor is

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Haven't you heard Fletch? Doesn't matter if you're a journalist, blogger, or some dope with a website and too much time on their hands, throw out the words "New York Rangers" in any fantasy trade proposal you can come up with and it instantly gains credibility.

Next summer, I think I'm just taking a 3 month hiatus from the internet entirely.
I'm with you

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:25 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:

yea we heard of doan, modano, forsberg, all come to the rangers. remember when all we heard was of tkachuk coming to New York. well it might happen but it wont be with the rangers. the islanders already have guerin and weight who played with tkachuk on the blues. i can see a tkachuk for campoli and hunter deal in the future. it is garth snow id rather wait for kovalchuk to come to NYR. cause i think it will happen.

Old
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
...cause i think it will happen.
I'm tellin' ya JOrts, just get yourself a blog and let the traffic start rolling in. To me, your word is as good as a blurb from Charley freakin' Walter buried in some collegiate sports report.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Is Gaborik worth all this?
I am asking the same thing.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:

You're apt to extend your life by about 7 years if you do. Once the polls and the "What's your favorite..." threads start, it's time for a vacation.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
coolbean04

How about this for a trade?

Dubinsky, Dawes, Prucha, Kalinin, 1st round pick.

Minny gets 3 solid pieces (Duby, Dawes, pick).

Minny gets 4 players that can be plugged into there lineup. Prucha can thrive in Minny because he'd get a lot of ice time.

We can plug Fritsche into the 3rd C spot (future will have Anisimov there). Gaborik would take up Dawes spot, we don't get a significant loss in Prucha or Kalinin.

Duby 633k, Dawes 587k, Prucha 1.6M, Kalinin 2.1M = 4.92M

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Quote:
IMMORTAL RANGER: You guys get mentioned because you're the type of team Gaborik would play for. NY isn't afraid to give out a pay-day... hence why a goal-scorer in his prime would likely be linked here.

You'd have to give up a good amount for him... but he would LOVE New York... and likely thrive out here. Poor man's Bure that can actually score in New York?

Who would you give up? Dubinsky, 1st rounder next year, 3rd in '10??

Would you give that up? Is that enough for Gabby? Remember, Minnesota has ZERO offense if he leaves. They lost Rolston and Demitra. All they have left is Piere-Marc Bouchard.

They're pretty solid on D... so I'm not sure if they would *need* to include Staal on this deal. Interesting thoughts.
that was great I kind of agree.

Dubinsky is going no where, + that clears up no cap space.

Drury or gomez is on the move if that happens and I could see Drury being sent to Minnesota.

Drury + Chere+ Sangs/DZ 1st in 10 3rd in 09

Could you Imagine Gomez centering Zherdev and Gaborik on our top line? Could you say top 5 line in the NHL?

09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post

Minny gets 4 players that can be plugged into there lineup. Prucha can thrive in Minny because he'd get a lot of ice time.

We can plug Fritsche into the 3rd C spot (future will have Anisimov there). Gaborik would take up Dawes spot, we don't get a significant loss in Prucha or Kalinin.

That leaves us 1 dman short and we are already really thin on defense. and we still are short one top 6 dman. Still wouldn't work salary cap wise anyway b/c next year we would need to re-sign him. That would leave us w/ Lundy, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Gabby as players w/ $6.5 mil contracts or over. Not too mention that Zherdev and Rosy will most likely be over $5 mil each. That's putting us in extreme cap hell.

realistically Gomez or Drury need to go the way of the dodo in order for us to get Gabby. I know people would like to get rid of Redden or Rosy for Gabby but that takes away one of our top 3 dmen, putting a big hole there again for us as we really don't have ready replacements right now, and are thin. So once again we would need to spend money to shore up the defense.

Would love LOVE LOVE to get rid of Drury's contract for Gabby, but unfortunately Captain Cash has a NMC, and probably wouldn't wave it. So that leaves the only realistic option being Gomez. But he is our best center, and why would we want to get rid of him? We probably would, but we do have a logjam or players/prospects at center. So it is feesable. But all in all, I don't really see how a trade w/ Minny would work out between these two teams b/c the Rangers aren't a good match for Minny b/c of our cap situation.

although I would do a trade for Gomez and Cherry for Gabby. I think he is a great player and getting him (and still having Z) would make Cherry expendable, and I believe in Dubi, and Ani becoming real good real soon(and us not playing well anyway this year) making Gomez expendable.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post

add staal to clear more cash, lets keep trading youth, how about korpikoski at 1 mil. and then watch gaborik sign with the Wings as an UFA. great trade ranger fans, lets trade all our young depth now.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
levski87

I dont think Cherepanov will be traded in any deal. Why would the Rangers send over Pelino and start this whole club-to-club jointment. Expect to have Chere stay on this team for at least two years.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post

Could you Imagine Gomez centering Zherdev and Gaborik on our top line? Could you say top 5 line in the NHL?
it would be sick...for about 10 games until Gabby got hurt

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
TheHotRock

i would do roszival, dubinsky and a first

or roszival, sanguinetti, dawes and a first.

i'd throw prucha into either package.

cherepanov doesn't really have value as there is no guarantee that he will play in the nhl. We have enough depth to afford to tade either dubes (it would suck to lose him, but this is gaborik we're talking about) or dawes.

as far as 3rd line centers go, guys like fritsche, anisimov or dare i say petr nedved can step up and take the job.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i would do roszival, dubinsky and a first

or roszival, sanguinetti, dawes and a first.

i'd throw prucha into either package.

cherepanov doesn't really have value as there is no guarantee that he will play in the nhl. We have enough depth to afford to tade either dubes (it would suck to lose him, but this is gaborik we're talking about) or dawes.

as far as 3rd line centers go, guys like fritsche, anisimov or dare i say petr nedved can step up and take the job.
so what do we do for defense this year? and next? we don't have dmen that we can trade b/c we don't have replacements. I'm not sure why this is so hard to comprehend for people.