HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Tampa Bay

Old
09-03-2008, 02:19 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Not trying to troll, but IMO Toronto needs everything except starting goaltending.
For sure, they need alot, but it makes no sense to trade their best asset for a bunch of ok stuff.

They need to help build for their future as they lost alot of assets recently for next to nothing.

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 09-03-2008 at 02:25 PM.
DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
For sure, they need alot, but it makes no sense to trade their best asset for a bunch of ok stuff.

They need to help build for their future as they lost alot of assets recently for next to nothing.
Well the Rangers have done alright without picking up much in the way of elite talents by way of trade..

They have a a great goaltender (I don't think Toskala is in Lundqvist's league but he's without a doubt the central piece of TO's future), they surrounded him with a lot of decent younger players (Dawes, Staal, Girardi, Dubinsky etc) and then went shopping in the UFA market to get their key top line forwards (Gomez and Drury.. and I guess Naslund).

A trade here and there, and they've got a pretty good team. I don't see why Toronto couldn't do the same with Toskala and a much broader and deeper base of prospects than they have now.

And of course, the lineup they'd ice this season after making that trade would put them in the running to get an elite talent at the top of the 2009 draft, too.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
DougGilmour93

I just don't think TB would have the assets to acquire a player of Kaberle's calibre at this point. Plus, I'm not sure if he'd waive his NTC to go there either.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 02:59 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

I think in order for Tampa to trade for a legit #1 Defensman, they would have to give up more than we would want to. I don't see it happening.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote