HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mats Sundin-Part XII-The Chapter After the Last

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

vCash: 500
Lighten up. Here's some wallpapers I wiped up for the centennial:
Standard

Widescreen

Old
09-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Lighten up. Here's some wallpapers I wiped up for the centennial:
Standard

Widescreen
You're my hero, you made one in my not-commonly-used resolution (1280x1024).

Old
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
couz

Sundin is gonna wait till about game 25-30 and see who is a contender and go there.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
Sundin is gonna wait till about game 25-30 and see who is a contender and go there.
Which makes his "I want to be with a team from the start" statement a complete crock, but it's gonna soon become that anyway if he doesn't make up his mind.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:16 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Which makes his "I want to be with a team from the start" statement a complete crock, but it's gonna soon become that anyway if he doesn't make up his mind.
Honestly... I don't think he's still undecided. I think he wants to play, and he's decided to wait a few games to see how the Rags, the Nucks and the Habs are doing to pick a team. Which in itself is a bit of a gamble (c.f. 2007-2008 Ottawa Senators a.k.a. Most Epic Hockey Fail Ever). But yeah. That's my feeling. But it's not up to us to judge him for that. It's our favourite sport and our favourite team, but it's not our job, our career, our business.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
I cant belive you guys have 12 threads on this clown.

....Thanks for the wallpaper, looks good on my desktop.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Honestly... I don't think he's still undecided. I think he wants to play, and he's decided to wait a few games to see how the Rags, the Nucks and the Habs are doing to pick a team. Which in itself is a bit of a gamble (c.f. 2007-2008 Ottawa Senators a.k.a. Most Epic Hockey Fail Ever). But yeah. That's my feeling. But it's not up to us to judge him for that. It's our favourite sport and our favourite team, but it's not our job, our career, our business.
Good point, but I've since gotten past really caring if Sundin joins the Habs or not. Our team is damn good as is, and will be successful regardless of his decision. If he decides on Montreal, great! If not, so be it.

Old
09-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
were learning alot about Sundin.

say one thing mean another is a great quality of elected officials.
prime minister sundin?

Sundin said "Others have started playing in the middle of the season"

yes thats true but message to Mats , they WON STANLEY CUP"S" too .

nhl should make a rule players have to start the season on a roster not take half a year off to play poker and come back mid season .

Old
09-04-2008, 07:17 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

The NHL did put a rule on this year, there's a deadline if you want to re-play in the NHL it's like Dec. 9th or some**** like that beyond that you can't come back. Good thing, fux that ****ah Sundin

Old
09-04-2008, 08:15 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

At this point I think Bob should move on. Besides, I think if guys like Schneider can be had for cheap, he should just go for it. We have the cap space and no use for it this year. Instead of spending 8 mil on Mats, go ahead and pick up some salary from teams that need to dump it…Spend 9 mil on Schneider and Lang, or some other adequate 3rd line C, and the team improves as much as if we sign Sundin, if not a bit more.

waffledave
Old
09-04-2008, 08:45 AM
HabsOfSteel

Since that interview on the radio he gave a few days ago I gave up on Sundin. He clearly fed us BS about being an integral part of a winner and I've lost some respect for him.

Unless he's just showing us his poker face right now and is going to sign for a team right before training camp? I'd still welcome him if he signs with us before camp but I don't want him joining the team during the season.

Old
09-04-2008, 10:14 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsOfSteel View Post
Since that interview on the radio he gave a few days ago I gave up on Sundin. He clearly fed us BS about being an integral part of a winner and I've lost some respect for him.

Unless he's just showing us his poker face right now and is going to sign for a team right before training camp? I'd still welcome him if he signs with us before camp but I don't want him joining the team during the season.
Agree 100%

Old
09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I cant belive you guys have 12 threads on this clown.

....Thanks for the wallpaper, looks good on my desktop.
nah, dude, it's only because we wanna reach 13 threads to show Sundin our devotion to his cause

Old
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Mad Habber

This might be agood thing for Sundin to wait a month or two before starting to play. He is afterall 37 years old and he hasn't played a playoff game since before the lockout. I don't know if he could play 82 games and another 22-23 games in the playoffs.

Old
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Maxpac

well, i guess with his recent declarations if we really want him will be to start getting rid of useless salaries right away and give a chance to Kyle chipchura and Max Lappierre to have a more important role on the team

Old
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
The NHL did put a rule on this year, there's a deadline if you want to re-play in the NHL it's like Dec. 9th or some**** like that beyond that you can't come back. Good thing, fux that ****ah Sundin
I thought there always was a December re-sign deadline in the current CBA.

Old
09-04-2008, 04:20 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I thought there always was a December re-sign deadline in the current CBA.
Thre is no deadline. It's a big loop-hole in the convention. Forsberg came back when again this year ?

Old
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

A lot of people mention not wanting Sundin because he hasn't been skating as he has in off-seasons past. I find that kind of funny as I'd rather have say 40/82 games of Sundin than no Sundin at all which is what we are heading for. So it really doesn't hurt us to pickup Sundin in excellent shape or not.

Old
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
A lot of people mention not wanting Sundin because he hasn't been skating as he has in off-seasons past. I find that kind of funny as I'd rather have say 40/82 games of Sundin than no Sundin at all which is what we are heading for. So it really doesn't hurt us to pickup Sundin in excellent shape or not.
As of now, people are just tired of waiting and want no part of him.....So at one point we'll forget a little about him, concentrate on what we have, be excited to watch Tanguay, Laraque and others play. Then if Sundin in December decides to join us, don't worry. EVERYBODY will welcome him with open arms.

As far as teams that should be out of it based on what he says (if what he says is really important.....), based on this RDS translation of his latest interview, Toronto is definately not an option. 'Cause, from his own words, if "the only thing that matters are the series", there's no way he could think that Toronto will surely make the series this year. So if making the series (and not be playing for a contender) is really what he wants, Toronto is out, Vancouver, Montreal and the rest are definately still in.

I'm a little surprise that we didn't hear a lot about some KHL teams interested in him. He would be closer to home, would make a lot of money and it might be easier to play in that league for him.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/259222.html

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-04-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As of now, people are just tired of waiting and want no part of him.....So at one point we'll forget a little about him, concentrate on what we have, be excited to watch Tanguay, Laraque and others play. Then if Sundin in December decides to join us, don't worry. EVERYBODY will welcome him with open arms.

As far as teams that should be out of it based on what he says (if what he says is really important.....), based on this RDS translation of his latest interview, Toronto is definately not an option. 'Cause, from his own words, if "the only thing that matters are the series", there's no way he could think that Toronto will surely make the series this year. So if making the series (and not be playing for a contender) is really what he wants, Toronto is out, Vancouver, Montreal and the rest are definately still in.

I'm a little surprise that we didn't hear a lot about some KHL teams interested in him. He would be closer to home, would make a lot of money and it might be easier to play in that league for him.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/259222.html
Sundin stated yesterday if he comes back to play hockey, the NHL is his only choice

Old
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Thre is no deadline. It's a big loop-hole in the convention. Forsberg came back when again this year ?
I think the December deadline applies to RFA's, now that I think about it. I'm not sure if that's what theDamned was talking about or it's a new rule this year.

Old
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
1970 Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I think the December deadline applies to RFA's, now that I think about it. I'm not sure if that's what theDamned was talking about or it's a new rule this year.
You are correct in that there is a December deadline for RFAs; for UFAs there is no such deadline (yet).

Old
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Scotianhab

Anyone else think we should just go forward and maybe acquire Lang or someone similar to round out the team for training camp.

Old
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Anyone else think we should just go forward and maybe acquire Lang or someone similar to round out the team for training camp.
i said that over a month ago.
**** Sundin and his stupid little games.

Our team is good with or without him.

Old
09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Njdevilsfireonice30

How tedious is this?

Maybe by the time Sundin makes up his mind (which I believe he lost some time ago), I will have successfully designed a Devils wallpaper as hot as the Habs one posted above.

Closed Thread