HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Playing in a hockey team. :-)

Old
08-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Eband00

vCash: 500
OT-Playing in a hockey team. :-)

Hey guys, since i was small, i always dreamed to play in a hockey team. I absolutely love the canadiens and hockey in general, but i was never able to join a team because my parents didn't have enought money and because i was busy with school later on. I just finished my technical program, and have money and free time.

I am 20 years old, i can skate, i know all the rules but i can't say I'm good at hockey, never really had the chance to play competitively. I usually play outside, on ice rinks during winter with my buddys. I once played a shimmy game inside with guys that actually played in a good league and i wasn't THAT bad.

My question is: where to start? I live in the west island. Pierrefonds to be more precise. How can i find a league and a team to join? Whats the lowest "talented" league i can join to start.

Its on of my dreams still :-)

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
hey congrats man, i'm kinda in the same boat as you

19, can't skate, never played hockey in my damn life besides when i was 9 or 10 with friends, but i joined a ball hockey this summer and i'm loving it. I suck at controlling the puck and rushing, but I hustle and I have 7 goals in 12 games, good for 4th on my team....you're gonna have alot of fun man

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Magic33

The MHL has a lot of divisions. you can check one of the lower divisions. if you dont know enough people to start a team, they can place you on someone else's team. they play out of pierrefonds. there are tons of beer leagues in the west island though.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 02:07 PM
#2eddieshore

http://www.mhlhockey.com/

this league plays out of the Pierrefonds Sportsplexe.

I found it whilst searching for a rec league that plays close to downtown.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 03:12 AM
KBstyle

OT-Beer league

I will probably move to montreal in the next couple week and i can't play anymore in my thursday night game .

I search a good league on the weekend because i will be at school monday to friday(16h to 23h).

I'm a good player, I play defense and i am more of an offensive defensmen with a great first pass. Anyone who need substitute message me please.

I need some hochey this winter. At worst i can play RW but prefer a role at the blue line.

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Avim86

very ot : Shinny hockey/

Looking for shinny hockey in the T.M.R region , I've been playing shinny hockey at the sportplexes 4 glaces but it's way too far (Pierrefonds) anybody know where I can find available ice to just practice my shot and skating. Come winter time I'll be out on the ice every night but for now I'm really itching for Ice hockey , what are my options without having to pay 400-500 for some random garage league.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 04:53 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
When i feel like playing shinny hockey, I always go at Pierrefonds, but I remeber going once at Raymond bourque in saint-laurent. I think it was during the week around noon

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Magic33

Bonaventure Arena has shinny almost all day. Its on cote-de-liesse, 10 mins from tmr

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Thibaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eband00 View Post
Hey guys, since i was small, i always dreamed to play in a hockey team. I absolutely love the canadiens and hockey in general, but i was never able to join a team because my parents didn't have enought money and because i was busy with school later on. I just finished my technical program, and have money and free time.

I am 20 years old, i can skate, i know all the rules but i can't say I'm good at hockey, never really had the chance to play competitively. I usually play outside, on ice rinks during winter with my buddys. I once played a shimmy game inside with guys that actually played in a good league and i wasn't THAT bad.

My question is: where to start? I live in the west island. Pierrefonds to be more precise. How can i find a league and a team to join? Whats the lowest "talented" league i can join to start.

Its on of my dreams still :-)

Maybe you should check at the CEPSUM, at the Université de Montréal. There is a lot of levels, including "Débutants" and then Level 1 to 5.

Next Saturday (Sept. 6) at Noon for the evaluation...

http://cepsum.umontreal.ca/03-ActAdu...nce_evaluation

Thibaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by avim86 View Post
.... what are my options without having to pay 400-500 for some random garage league.

I wish $400 or $500 ....

The MHL and the DWHL are much more than that.

P.S. I am looking for a forward for my team. We need a good player to round out our top line.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
the goalie man 31

i would be of help if i didn't live in Texas playing competitive hockey for an 18u AA team as a 15 year old.

the goalie man 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Turboflex*

Play shinny for a year before you join a league. Even if you're a great guy you're going to be a pain for any kind of remotely competitive team (ie. any games with scorekeeping) if your basic skating, passing, shooting and stickhandling skills are non-existant.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Play shinny for a year before you join a league. Even if you're a great guy you're going to be a pain for any kind of remotely competitive team (ie. any games with scorekeeping) if your basic skating, passing, shooting and stickhandling skills are non-existant.
I agree. Shinny is the best place to start; people are a lot less competitive and you can learn better that way.

When your ready, then you can ask around about joining a team.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote