HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

no love for D'Agostini anymore ?

Old
09-04-2008, 04:16 PM
CanadienErrant*

vCash: 500
Next year, lots of players are becoming UFA's - There will be room for guys like D'agostini, Stewart and Paccioretty + Valentenko, Carle or Weber.

No need to rush anyone. The Habs must win, and win fast.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
There aren't even 12 players...it's 11 unless he's counting Chipchura, which I doubt since half the MTL media thinks he's a bust.

The 15 number was a big time mistake. Shoddy reporting indeed.
Thank you bud...

It seems I wasn't the only one to notice it.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
My point was that he benefited from playing on the top line as a rookie, with what imo was one of the best one-two combos in the AHL in Grabovski-Kostitsyn. The same thing happened to Milroy, who over his 5 year career had never hit the 40 point mark and had an average around 30+ a year, he gets put on the top line with Grabo-Kostitsyn and puts up almost 60 points.

I'm not saying that D'Agostini didn't do things on his own or leeched off the Belarus duo, but I saw close to every game and imo he benefitted from playing with the two. I have been a fan of his since seeing him in the OHL so I'm not saying anything bad about him, more comon sense that a rookie would benefit from playing with two of the more exciting players in the league at that time.
I'm just saying he kept improving after Kostitsyn was called up. He had a fantastic April, if memory serves me right. I'm sure that line helped his game immensely though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Can someone answer my question, please...

Can D'agostini play center??
He would have been a good fit at center IMO. Too late now.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 07:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
When Perezhogin skipped to Russia I thought the Habs depth would suffer a lot. I don't feel that way anymore, especially with the emergence of the Kost. Bros., the trade for Tanguay, and the signing of Pacioretty. Still, I wish the Habs had him as a player or a trading chip.

I have an opinion on many things about the Habs but I don't think I should say much about d'Agostini because I know little about him. I'm curious to see how he'll perform in the preseason.
I also wish to see Perezhogin with the Habs this season . Just imagine the kind of offensive the Habs would have with his addition + Tanguay ( ...and Sundin )

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2008, 08:40 PM
1970 Habs

Here is what Trevor Timmons had to say about him on 11 August.

"Two seasons ago, he was a freshman in Hamilton and was a really strong contributor to us winning the Calder Cup," Timmins said. "The support around him was not as strong last season and he didn't have as good a year. We are looking for him to rebound and really lead the Hamilton team this season while pushing for a job in Montreal.

"Matt is a goal scorer. He's a deceptive skater who has a knack for the net. He needs to improve his play without the puck and continue to become more consistent. He's really strong along the wall and down low. Matt protects the puck well. He's not a gritty, hard-nosed winger. He's more of a finesse kind of player."

Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?ar...e&service=page

For me it is a make or break year as he is entering his 3rd season in the AHL.

1970 Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 04:19 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
It kills me that speed isnt considered an important skill. What is his playing weight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I dont see him as a Better Ryder. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/matt_d_agostini He is rated as like a 3rd Line winger, its not something we are exactly hurting for atm. Max Pac, or Stewart yes. Pac brings some nice skill, good enough for a 2nd or 3rd line with a huge offensive upside, and Stewart brings alot of grit with a hint of offense/skill. D'ago brings...Grit...bit of skill..Thats bout it, not big enough to make the 4th line, and not skilled enough to crack the 2nd line, and the 3rd line is full.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
It kills me that speed isnt considered an important skill. What is his playing weight?
A shade under 200lbs IIRC.

Hopefully the kid has a healthy season this year and shows just what he is capable of over a good stretch of the season. The injury he had at the start of last year really held him back. Hopefully he flies through camp and wherever he starts the season (most likely Hamilton), he can play his best. There are a few things he needs to work on as previously mentioned, but I'd love to see him find more consistency with his hands. He can go for a month where almost no-one can take the puck off him due to his speed and his hands, and then 2 months will go by where he has to rely on his foot speed to beat people most of the time. When his hands are on, he is such a dangerous player, I'd love to see him play at that kind of level through the majority of the season. It'd be good for him to do so, but it would be great fun for all of us to watch

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote