HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings Need a Goalie

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2004, 07:58 AM
goalienut

vCash: 500
Sounds Pretty good but how much is "a little something"?

Old
06-19-2004, 08:01 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
NORONEN!

seriously, Weekes/Lalime.

GO FOR WEEKES!

Old
06-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

As has been stated before, Ratislav Stana and Maxime Daignaeault would be available.

Relatively cheap, but probably part of a move up package.

And I'm sure Kolzig could be worked out, pending on what direction the Kings are moving in (rebuilding, or retooling)

Old
06-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalienut
Sounds Pretty good but how much is "a little something"?
I was tinkering with the idea of getting pick swapping option for next years first rounders.

Odds are Kings will have better luck next year and Habs could be doing worse, so the difference would be less that this year - both in "barely making the playoffs" - caste.

Old
06-19-2004, 09:59 AM
fully spectrumed

want Burke for free?

Old
06-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Mat0109

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
Weekes? Who will replace Weekes in Carolina?
Martin Gerber!

Old
06-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Roman Turek for any office furniture that the Kings no longer want.

Old
06-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalienut
Who's Jens Karlsson? and don't you think it's underpayment?
Dude, if you don't even know who one of our prospects is, don't say that it's an underpayment.

Old
06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Ozy_Flame

Turek and Phaneuf for Lapperiere. Please, for the love of god, take Roman. PLEASE.

Old
06-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

Ahonen + NJ's 3rd for LA's 1st Rounder #11.

I know goalie prospects don't have very high trade value (so this is probably not realistic), but it would seem to me that you are better off trading for a top prospect who is ready to play in the NHL + at 3rd round pick instead of drafting a prospect at #11 who may or may not be NHL readd in 4 years.

Old
06-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Barnaby3636

Dunham, Lundmark

For

1st rd, Aaron Miller

Old
06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Street Hawk

Hmm... Have to think about this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDevil
Ahonen + NJ's 3rd for LA's 1st Rounder #11.

I know goalie prospects don't have very high trade value (so this is probably not realistic), but it would seem to me that you are better off trading for a top prospect who is ready to play in the NHL + at 3rd round pick instead of drafting a prospect at #11 who may or may not be NHL readd in 4 years.
If the 3rd is converted to a 2nd it just might work. Only thing is, it's kind of hard to judge Arhonen because even though he's spent 3 years in the AHL, he was playing for a pretty lousy Albany team, so his stats are overwhelming, like Noronen's were during his first 2 years in the AHL. Oh course, it's not like Mikka has translated that at the NHL level just yet.

Between Noronen and Arhonen, I think the packages would be similar. Both teams, the Devils and the Sabres have kind of a log jam in nets. Buffalo has Miller who needs to play next season, so they need to move one out. NJ, well, since Brodeur plays all but like 10 or 12 games a year, it's not a situation that you can develop a goalie like Arhonen under.

As for your proposal, it does make sense for both sides. I do feel that if NJ offered a 2nd rounder, it could fly. That would allow LA to get a young goalie who can play right now, along with a 2nd rounder, whom they can use to land another goalie for down the line. For NJ, it would allow them to draft Schwarz or Montoya and have them be their new goalie of the future. Brodeur likely will retire a Devil and given that he's still only 32, he's got 4 years at least to go, maybe up to 6. That would give Montoya/Schwarz plenty of time to develop their games.

It just comes down to whether the King's mgmt feel that Arhonen is foundamentally sound and that his stats were more of a product of the team's play than his own performance.

Old
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Marksman

Dont you think 11th overall for a goalie who hasnt played a game in NHL, and has average numbers at AHL level, is tad much?

Miikka Kiprusoff had two 20+ game seasons under his belt and he went for a second rounder. If I was Kings GM I'd rather go after Noronen or Garon, both actually have better NHL resume than Kipper had before the fateful trade.

Old
06-19-2004, 11:49 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk
If the 3rd is converted to a 2nd it just might work. Only thing is, it's kind of hard to judge Arhonen because even though he's spent 3 years in the AHL, he was playing for a pretty lousy Albany team, so his stats are overwhelming, like Noronen's were during his first 2 years in the AHL. Oh course, it's not like Mikka has translated that at the NHL level just yet.

Between Noronen and Arhonen, I think the packages would be similar. Both teams, the Devils and the Sabres have kind of a log jam in nets. Buffalo has Miller who needs to play next season, so they need to move one out. NJ, well, since Brodeur plays all but like 10 or 12 games a year, it's not a situation that you can develop a goalie like Arhonen under.

As for your proposal, it does make sense for both sides. I do feel that if NJ offered a 2nd rounder, it could fly. That would allow LA to get a young goalie who can play right now, along with a 2nd rounder, whom they can use to land another goalie for down the line. For NJ, it would allow them to draft Schwarz or Montoya and have them be their new goalie of the future. Brodeur likely will retire a Devil and given that he's still only 32, he's got 4 years at least to go, maybe up to 6. That would give Montoya/Schwarz plenty of time to develop their games.

It just comes down to whether the King's mgmt feel that Arhonen is foundamentally sound and that his stats were more of a product of the team's play than his own performance.
Unfortunately we don't have a 2nd to offer. Ahonen + 3rd + mid level prospect is the best we could do.

Old
06-20-2004, 01:37 AM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
To LA:
Noronen

To Buffalo:
Mattias Norstrom

Old
06-21-2004, 10:24 PM
lmthaete

They should persue Dwight LaBrosse... he was a 2002 Draft Pick and has greatly improved in the past year leading the USHL in Save%. He will officially be a UFA on July 1st since the Penguins didn't sign him due to an over-abundance of young goalie tallent with Fluery and others.

Closed Thread