HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Question About Naslund

Old
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Bobby Granger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
Nazzy returns from the dead in an offencive eastern confrence. Vancover never had a playmakin centre like gomez to dish him the puck. But he's uncertian just like the rangers season this year. But I always put hope in my favorite team.

Hope for the best right??

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
[QUOTE=Bobby Granger;15324193]Nazzy returns from the dead in an offencive eastern confrence. Vancover never had a playmakin centre like gomez to dish him the puck. But he's uncertian just like the rangers season this year. But I always put hope in my favorite team.

Hope for the best right??[/QUOTE

No playmaking centermen for Naslund..... in Vancouver?????? Not convinced.....

2002/2003 Brendan Morrison with 46 Assists (71 pts)
and since then Henrik Sedin with 57, 71 and 61 Assists respectively

So I can tell you that I would trade Gomez for Henrik Sedin even up!

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 04:44 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
[QUOTE=Happy London Ranger;15332831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Granger View Post
Nazzy returns from the dead in an offencive eastern confrence. Vancover never had a playmakin centre like gomez to dish him the puck. But he's uncertian just like the rangers season this year. But I always put hope in my favorite team.

Hope for the best right??[/QUOTE

No playmaking centermen for Naslund..... in Vancouver?????? Not convinced.....

2002/2003 Brendan Morrison with 46 Assists (71 pts)
and since then Henrik Sedin with 57, 71 and 61 Assists respectively

So I can tell you that I would trade Gomez for Henrik Sedin even up!
I'm not taking any credit from Sedin but gomez is a better overall player if you ask me.

setting him up with gomez only increases naslund's chances of lighting it up on broadway

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
we shall see....

for my money I would prefer Sedin....but it will be difficult to say who Naslund pairs up better.

No doubt I would love to be proven wrong. I was alway high on Naslund but I think
he is no longer the guys he once was and is not as good as Jagr was last season....

my 2 c

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 06:57 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
we shall see....

for my money I would prefer Sedin....but it will be difficult to say who Naslund pairs up better.

No doubt I would love to be proven wrong. I was alway high on Naslund but I think
he is no longer the guys he once was and is not as good as Jagr was last season....

my 2 c
i'd say gomez creates off the rush better than sedin, which will hopefully be better for naslund.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 12:34 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Markus Naslund is a large part of the reason for his lack of production in recent seasons.... Don't push the responsibility off onto his line mates.
A large part of his struggles was due to his linemates. Hard to score when they can't get you the puck. He played with pluggers for 50% of the season. They even called up 2 mediocre players from Manitoba and Vineault stuck Naslund with them when they played .

19nazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Kiefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
A large part of his struggles was due to his linemates. Hard to score when they can't get you the puck. He played with pluggers for 50% of the season. They even called up 2 mediocre players from Manitoba and Vineault stuck Naslund with them when they played .
That is true. He also had to adapt to a different role under AV the last two(?) years, he never complained really but when his contract was up he said he wanted a more offensive minded team. I really hope he will get this in NYR.

If he gets a good chemistry on a line, and can stay on that line I think he will have a great time.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

One more note about Naslund. Having watched him play in Vancouver since the Keenan days, there's one thing about him that no one has really mentioned yet. That is in my opinion there's a real X Factor to Markus Naslund the player. Naslund really ups his game and leads by example in important games and in the playoffs. He doesn't have the elite hands or the trophy winning skills anymore, but there will not be a guy on the ice who tries harder than Naslund and who will give you everything he has.

I was against Naslund being the captain in Vancouver because of his quiet personality. However, I was always a fan of Naslund the player simply because of his work ethic and how hard he busted his ass on the ice. As long as he's not counted on to be the whole show and he has some talented players to work with, I think you guys will love him.

Also you HF Ranger fans should learn to love 19nazzy because he the most devoted and at times psychotic Markus Naslund fan I've ever seen. And I say that out of love

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 07:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAsALion View Post
One more note about Naslund. Having watched him play in Vancouver since the Keenan days, there's one thing about him that no one has really mentioned yet. That is in my opinion there's a real X Factor to Markus Naslund the player. Naslund really ups his game and leads by example in important games and in the playoffs. He doesn't have the elite hands or the trophy winning skills anymore, but there will not be a guy on the ice who tries harder than Naslund and who will give you everything he has.

I was against Naslund being the captain in Vancouver because of his quiet personality. However, I was always a fan of Naslund the player simply because of his work ethic and how hard he busted his ass on the ice. As long as he's not counted on to be the whole show and he has some talented players to work with, I think you guys will love him.
thanks!!

im hoping he can be part of the solution....thats one thing i love about this season with the rangers.....there is no ONE solution....there is a group of players who will carry the team and everyone will be held accountable....as much as i loved jagr being here, he always carried the team

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote