HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will lead the Rangers in goals?

View Poll Results: Who will lead the Rangers in goals?
Nikolai Zherdev 56 40.88%
Markus Naslund 41 29.93%
Scott Gomez 2 1.46%
Chris Drury 24 17.52%
Nigel Dawes 6 4.38%
Petr Prucha 6 4.38%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 0.73%
Other 1 0.73%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
If the lines are as follows then I can see something like this:

Dawes (22) - Gomez (14) - Zherdev (33)
Naslund (24) - Drury (25) - Prucha (19)
Korpedo (11) - Dubinsky (17) - Callahan (9)
Voros (5) - Betts (3) - Sjostrom (8)

Forward total: 190

Redden (12) - Staal (7)
Roszival (13) - Girardi (10)
Mara (6) - Kalinin (4)

Defense total: 52

Team total: 242

Seems a reasonable amount given the spread of offense on the team. It's the same amount of goals scored by the team in 06-07. I'm banking on Zherdev having a big year with 30+ goals.
Korpedo making it over Fritsche? and Redden netting 12 goals!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 08:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
If the lines are as follows then I can see something like this:

Dawes (22) - Gomez (14) - Zherdev (33)
Naslund (24) - Drury (25) - Prucha (19)
Korpedo (11) - Dubinsky (17) - Callahan (9)
Voros (5) - Betts (3) - Sjostrom (8)

Forward total: 190

Redden (12) - Staal (7)
Roszival (13) - Girardi (10)
Mara (6) - Kalinin (4)

Defense total: 52

Team total: 242

Seems a reasonable amount given the spread of offense on the team. It's the same amount of goals scored by the team in 06-07. I'm banking on Zherdev having a big year with 30+ goals.
switch prucha with fritsche and i think i agree with you

i also expect to see drury back around 32 goals this season....redden and him will have a field day on the pp together

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 09:01 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Korpedo making it over Fritsche? and Redden netting 12 goals!
I know Fritsche has a better shot of making the team out of camp...but I'm really pulling for Korpi as he was brought up through the system. As far has Redden scoring 12... I'm thinking the same thing as viper says about him and Drury on the PP together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
switch prucha with fritsche and i think i agree with you

i also expect to see drury back around 32 goals this season....redden and him will have a field day on the pp together

I'd like to see Fritsche play first before he takes a spot on the top two lines.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I know Fritsche has a better shot of making the team out of camp...but I'm really pulling for Korpi as he was brought up through the system. As far has Redden scoring 12... I'm thinking the same thing as viper says about him and Drury on the PP together.
Redden is an assist man, he does not Shoot the puck that often, he is a puck-mover, i can see Rozsival maybe getting around 18 goals this year if he and Redden connect on the PP, and Drury on high slot is money.

Fritsche is like Dubinsky but doesnt have as much of a scoring touch.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 09:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

I'd like to see Fritsche play first before he takes a spot on the top two lines.
its not that i think fritsche should or shouldnt play on the top two lines, its that i think his style will mesh better with that line....i dont think prucha would work out well with drury as there styles dont mesh well

Old
09-05-2008, 09:35 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

I expect a lot from Zherdev. So im gonna say Zherdev with 39 goals

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Fataldogg

I love how everyone has to comment on that one Drury comment. The blind Ranger fans rush in to support Drury and his season last year! Yes, lets all celebrate this 20+ goal scorer in the hopes that he can be our savior next season! And we still have Gomez to put up 15 goals and 55 assists, YES. Stanley Cup here we come.

In all seriousness I completely agree with that poster. Drury will not score 37 goals in New York under this defensive structure. I know, we are hopeful Ranger fans but I'm a realist. I don't think a player turns into a super star just because he starts wearing our uniform. If he does lead the team in goals than we are in trouble because that means we still don't have a legitimate goal scorer. Zheredev will lead the team especially if Gomez centers for him. He has the raw talent with skating, stick handling, and shooting that Drury just doesn't have. With a decent play maker and top line minutes in the Big Apple I wouldn't be surprised if the kid put up 30 - 40 goals. And if we want to be a legit team this year we NEED him to do that. Because Henrik can't make us a playoff team unless we give him the offensive support he needs. Honestly, we are one of the most anemic teams in the NHL offensively and we can use all the help we can get.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I expect a lot from Zherdev. So im gonna say Zherdev with 39 goals
First, most posters, CLB fans included have stated Zherdev is more of a set up guy than a goal scorer. Now unless he is going to have over a 100pt season I don't see 40 goals coming from him. If Jagr couldn't reach 40 last year I doubt Zherdev does it with the same centers. Second, Petr Prucha is the closest thing this team has to a true sniper and 4 people voted for him? Damn guys I know he had a bad year last season and he gets hit but he did score 30 and really does have a nose for the net with his goal scoring. If the example of Ryan Callahan last year showed what a difference a player is when he has some confidence, why can't the same be true for Petr Prucha? Lastly, if Chris Drury is leading this team in goals it will be under 30 and that is not good news.

Well i'm still sticking with Prucha have a great bounce back year and leading the team in goals, if I had to pick a 2nd choice it would be Dawes having a break out year, he is a goal scorer for sure. The guys leading the votes are not goal scorers even though I do hope Zherdev can put in 25-30.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 11:16 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
First, most posters, CLB fans included have stated Zherdev is more of a set up guy than a goal scorer. Now unless he is going to have over a 100pt season I don't see 40 goals coming from him. If Jagr couldn't reach 40 last year I doubt Zherdev does it with the same centers. Second, Petr Prucha is the closest thing this team has to a true sniper and 4 people voted for him? Damn guys I know he had a bad year last season and he gets hit but he did score 30 and really does have a nose for the net with his goal scoring. If the example of Ryan Callahan last year showed what a difference a player is when he has some confidence, why can't the same be true for Petr Prucha? Lastly, if Chris Drury is leading this team in goals it will be under 30 and that is not good news.

Well i'm still sticking with Prucha have a great bounce back year and leading the team in goals, if I had to pick a 2nd choice it would be Dawes having a break out year, he is a goal scorer for sure. The guys leading the votes are not goal scorers even though I do hope Zherdev can put in 25-30.

i think zherdev will get over 30 goals, but i think naslund will lead the team with 35 while playing with gomez

Old
09-05-2008, 11:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I love how everyone has to comment on that one Drury comment. The blind Ranger fans rush in to support Drury and his season last year! Yes, lets all celebrate this 20+ goal scorer in the hopes that he can be our savior next season! And we still have Gomez to put up 15 goals and 55 assists, YES. Stanley Cup here we come.

In all seriousness I completely agree with that poster. Drury will not score 37 goals in New York under this defensive structure. I know, we are hopeful Ranger fans but I'm a realist. I don't think a player turns into a super star just because he starts wearing our uniform. If he does lead the team in goals than we are in trouble because that means we still don't have a legitimate goal scorer. Zheredev will lead the team especially if Gomez centers for him. He has the raw talent with skating, stick handling, and shooting that Drury just doesn't have. With a decent play maker and top line minutes in the Big Apple I wouldn't be surprised if the kid put up 30 - 40 goals. And if we want to be a legit team this year we NEED him to do that. Because Henrik can't make us a playoff team unless we give him the offensive support he needs. Honestly, we are one of the most anemic teams in the NHL offensively and we can use all the help we can get.
you honestly believe drury cant score 37 goals as a ranger ever?.....what if he played with gomez and zherdev?....
drury-gomez-zherdev

i think he could score 37 goals.....

in all honesty he had a poor start to last sesaon and still scored 25 goals....not bad for his first season while bouncing around with different linemates....i would say 32 goals from him would be a solid season

Old
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
you honestly believe drury cant score 37 goals as a ranger ever?.....what if he played with gomez and zherdev?....
drury-gomez-zherdev

i think he could score 37 goals.....

in all honesty he had a poor start to last sesaon and still scored 25 goals....not bad for his first season while bouncing around with different linemates....i would say 32 goals from him would be a solid season
32 goals for him would be a great season. He's only scored 30+ goals twice and that was on one of the best offensive teams over the past five or six years. I never said he can't I just think its unlikely. Drury really is just a 20+ goal scorer. I think he'll do it before his career as a Ranger is over maybe once or twice but thats it. Drury isn't a legit goal scorer but he is a complete player who comes with plenty of the other intangibles. And I don't want Drury to move to wing.... At all to play with Gomez. Drury is a fine center. Good at defense and the best face off man on our team. No reason to move a guy like that to the wing. It wastes a perfectly good face off man who is capable of 55 - 56% success rate in the circle.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 12:25 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
32 goals for him would be a great season. He's only scored 30+ goals twice and that was on one of the best offensive teams over the past five or six years. I never said he can't I just think its unlikely. Drury really is just a 20+ goal scorer. I think he'll do it before his career as a Ranger is over maybe once or twice but thats it. Drury isn't a legit goal scorer but he is a complete player who comes with plenty of the other intangibles. And I don't want Drury to move to wing.... At all to play with Gomez. Drury is a fine center. Good at defense and the best face off man on our team. No reason to move a guy like that to the wing. It wastes a perfectly good face off man who is capable of 55 - 56% success rate in the circle.
i agree, but i think it will happen....especially with anisimov coming up....

also, the thing people didnt see was that in buffalo he was always put on a "defense first" line with players like mair....he barely ever played with the likes of briere, connoly, roy.....i think if he can find some consistency with a player like zherdev he will score over 30 goals.....he isnt flashy, but he gets the job done....

also, one thing i noticed last year was that he barely ever curled into the slot and got a pass to shoot or barely ever redirected a puck into the net.....i think that has a lot to do with his linemates and the type of defenseman the rangers had last season.....i am really looking forward to seeing redden and drury work together...he is the first defenseman here who actually shoots with his ******* head-up.....i want to see shot-passes like they do everywhere else in the league(something the rangers couldnt grasp last season)

Old
09-06-2008, 01:04 AM
rickyrod

Voted Dru. My head says Zherdev, but I'm trying to not get my expectations up too high for him.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Rooftop1515

I think Dawes will have an outburst season around 25 goals, if naslund is clicking and found the right chemistry then I can see Naslund getting 34.

Rooftop1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I think Zherdev will score at least 30+ goals, Drury, between 30-35, Dawes 25, Naslund, I think, will score 25.

Oh yeah, Prucha will score 20 this year, in my opinion.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 05:46 PM
bumrusherer

Safe answer would be Zherdev. But I'll go with Dawesy, who will start off slowly but pick it up as he gets more ice time towards the end of the season.

It wont be a large amount though because the goals will be shared evenly again.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 10:50 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Drury - 32

Zhedev - 30

Naslund - 25

Dawes - 22

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Zherdev, at least I'm hoping. I can see him breaking out this year and potting 35-40 goals.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Fletch

These polls...

are real tough. The problem is I can give you a set of circumstances and say who will lead the team in goals. But, since we're not coach, it's very difficult because we don't know who will play where and with whom and in what situations. For example, I'm inclined to pick Naslund. Why? Because he's the best proven goal scorer on this team right now. OK, he had a couple bad seasons, but from everything I hear he played out of position as well as other circumstances and believe in the right circumstance, he can bounce back. But will he play with Gomez, who will pass more than shoot giving him more opportunities to score. Will he play with Gomez and Zherdev? Will he be with Drury and Fritsche? Those affect the goal totals of individuals. Also, what is his PP role? Is he on a first unit on the left side? Personally I think Drury would fit very nicely there, but who knows. If he's not on that PP unit then I'd expect his goal totals to be less.

So to break it down, if Naslund plays to Gomez's left, gets time on the ice when the Rangers pull the goalie and is on the left of Gomez on the first PP unit, I think he'll lead this team in goals.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote