HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers 2008 Training Camp Roster

Old
09-06-2008, 01:08 PM
pcem

vCash: 500
Something that would also fit in the "who you never thought you'd see in a Rangers Jersey"
A Goalie named M. Brodeur...

pcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Wrong. He went back to Russia when he wasn't good enough to stick and he had no interest what so ever to go to the AHL. We traded his rights after he bolted. I even think he had a clause in his contract for god sake. What does that tell you about this guy? Screw him.
It doesn't tell me anything about Kondratiev because that's not the way it happened. He split the season between Russia and Hartford after the lockout (as was allowed under the contract he signed with the Leafs) and then made the Rangers out of training camp in 2005-6, getting sent down to Hartford in the middle of the season and then was traded to Anaheim--where he played out the season (including the playoffs) with their AHL team. The Rangers didn't trade his rights because he "bolted" and he never went anywhere while with the Ranger organization without permission or a contract. After the 2006 season he signed as a free agent with Togliatti in Russia. He also played 4 games with the Ducks last year and then played the rest of the season in Russia (according to squishy's blog).

I have no problem with Drats not wanting to play in the AHL. Hockey players have limited careers and have to do what will advance their careers. Being stuck playing all year in the AHL for a fraction of what salaries are in Russia, doesn't make much sense when you have to go through re-entry waivers and your team is expecting their Conn Symth winner back during the season.
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ayerId=8469615

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 09-06-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
It doesn't tell me anything about Kondratiev because that's not the way it happened. He split the season between Russia and Hartford after the lockout (as was allowed under the contract he signed with the Leafs) and then made the Rangers out of training camp in 2005-6, getting sent down to Hartford in the middle of the season and then was traded to Anaheim--where he played out the season (including the playoffs) with their AHL team. The Rangers didn't trade his rights because he "bolted" and he never went anywhere while with the Ranger organization without permission or a contract. After the 2006 season he signed as a free agent with Togliatti in Russia. He also played 4 games with the Ducks last year and then played the rest of the season in Russia (according to squishy's blog).

I have no problem with Drats not wanting to play in the AHL. Hockey players have limited careers and have to do what will advance their careers. Being stuck playing all year in the AHL for a fraction of what salaries are in Russia, doesn't make much sense when you have to go through re-entry waivers and your team is expecting their Conn Symth winner back during the season.
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ayerId=8469615
He bolted cause he didn't want to play AHL. If that makes sense to you then I guess your used to crybabies who want thier way and be treated special. What is so special about this player where he should be allowed to go back to russia if he is under contract to an NHL team? He isn't a Radulov or an amazing talent or first round pick. **** half the reason we got him was cause he is buddies with Toots who is now gone. I really have no interest in this guy, let him go to another team........we're not that hard up for D. I would much rather give Potter and Pock who have been working hard in our system a chance. Let him go to the KHL, why don't they want him?

Oh an playing 14 games is not splitting the season. 14 games says to me he threw a fit after the first bus ride. Screw him.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 03:29 PM
h0ckeyman

damn lyon messier is at camp sweet

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
He bolted cause he didn't want to play AHL. If that makes sense to you then I guess your used to crybabies who want thier way and be treated special. What is so special about this player where he should be allowed to go back to russia if he is under contract to an NHL team? He isn't a Radulov or an amazing talent or first round pick. **** half the reason we got him was cause he is buddies with Toots who is now gone. I really have no interest in this guy, let him go to another team........we're not that hard up for D. I would much rather give Potter and Pock who have been working hard in our system a chance. Let him go to the KHL, why don't they want him?

Oh an playing 14 games is not splitting the season. 14 games says to me he threw a fit after the first bus ride. Screw him.
Whatever. I see a player who doesn't want to spend time spinning his wheels at a level that's below his skill level and being paid very little to do it. And that's his right. You may not like it, but it seems like Renney and Sather are willing to give him a look. It doesn't cost anything and maybe it fills a hole with a player who's better than Pck and certainly has more experience that Potter.

Old
09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Whatever. I see a player who doesn't want to spend time spinning his wheels at a level that's below his skill level and being paid very little to do it. And that's his right. You may not like it, but it seems like Renney and Sather are willing to give him a look. It doesn't cost anything and maybe it fills a hole with a player who's better than Pck and certainly has more experience that Potter.
Wait it's below his level? It didn't seem to me that he tore the AHL apart. And if he is too good for the AHL why didn't he stick with the Ducks? Too many good dman on the Ducks? Why didn't another team trade for his rights? Didn't he also pass through waivers? Why is he here on a tryout of he is so damn good? Actually Pock has wayyy better AHL numbers and it would seem to be that Pock is the better player, again looking at numbers. I would take Jason Strudwick back before signing this guy. What happens if he has a good camp, gets signed but then struggles during the season. If he gets sent down you know he's going to bolt again. Too much of a headache for a player who just in the end isn't worth it.

Old
09-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
damn lyon messier is at camp sweet
really? Awesome! the kid is an animal at hitting.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Wait it's below his level? It didn't seem to me that he tore the AHL apart. And if he is too good for the AHL why didn't he stick with the Ducks? Too many good dman on the Ducks? Why didn't another team trade for his rights? Didn't he also pass through waivers? Why is he here on a tryout of he is so damn good? Actually Pock has wayyy better AHL numbers and it would seem to be that Pock is the better player, again looking at numbers. I would take Jason Strudwick back before signing this guy. What happens if he has a good camp, gets signed but then struggles during the season. If he gets sent down you know he's going to bolt again. Too much of a headache for a player who just in the end isn't worth it.
Hate to break to you, but he's on a tryout contract--he'll be released if he doesn't make the Rangers. Now you can rest easy.

Old
09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Ola

Radek27- Once you stand there in camp all that matters is how good you are, how well prepaired you are -- you don't get any handicap in the NHL for playing in the AHL. Its not like John Madden will think "oh that guy played in the AHL so I am not gooing to forecheck him so hard".

If Drats thinks he will develop more in Russia then in the AHL its his option to go and play there. Its not like he took a vaccation instead of playing in the AHL. He went to a better league and played there instead.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
Wow we only got like five players 30 or over, Drury, Redden, Rozy, Nalund, and Vally. I'm not counting Nedved cause he won't make the team. The Rangers have to be one of the youngest teams in the league now, I'm extra excited this year I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting team to watch. Does anyone else feel like Glen is trying to model this team after the 06-07 Sabres?
Me too. There is a ton of things to be excited about.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Radek27- Once you stand there in camp all that matters is how good you are, how well prepaired you are -- you don't get any handicap in the NHL for playing in the AHL. Its not like John Madden will think "oh that guy played in the AHL so I am not gooing to forecheck him so hard".

If Drats thinks he will develop more in Russia then in the AHL its his option to go and play there. Its not like he took a vaccation instead of playing in the AHL. He went to a better league and played there instead.
Thats fine Ola but then why sign the two way contract? Stay in Russia and play there like many other young russian defenders that have been drafted till your ready. When you put your name on that contract your saying you think your ready.

Old
09-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post

pwnd

Old
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
slim399

I always thought of Drats as a solid young dman while the rangers had him. I saw him and Tyutin as very similar players. If some how he can come into camp and play a Tyutin type game and win a spot. It would be like we got Zherdev for a 4th round pick haha.

I have always been scared of his attitude because of the constent leaving for russia. I remeber him playing in hartford his first season and him leaving half way through. But maybe hes a good guy and would rather play against stronger competition in russia then the ahl... who knows.

I see Kalinin, Drats, Poke, Potter, etc battling it out for the last 2 d spots

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post
I always thought of Drats as a solid young dman while the rangers had him. I saw him and Tyutin as very similar players. If some how he can come into camp and play a Tyutin type game and win a spot. It would be like we got Zherdev for a 4th round pick haha.

I have always been scared of his attitude because of the constent leaving for russia. I remeber him playing in hartford his first season and him leaving half way through. But maybe hes a good guy and would rather play against stronger competition in russia then the ahl... who knows.

I see Kalinin, Drats, Poke, Potter, etc battling it out for the last 2 d spots
How is 13 games half a season? He has played a total of 17 games for the Pack in his career. That doesn't add up to a quater of a season nevermind half and thats two years added togeather. Even adding in his games in Portland doesn't even give him a full year AHL time. The man hates buses I guess.

Old
09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Fletch

I'm with you, Brooklyn...

if I'm a player who can play in Russia for substantially more than I can play in the AHL, that's where I'm going. It's not an inferior league and the pay is better. To me, that's a no brainer for a player. I don't know why you'd consider Max a crybaby, Radek. He didn't want to play in the AHL, so he played in another competitive league and made more money. To me that's doing what's best for him. And he's got another chance to pay in the NHL - so perhaps he did something right.

and why sign a two-way contract? Perhaps a one-way contract wasn't available and he still wanted a shot at the NHL. He thought he was ready - and he was right considering he did get to play in the NHL. Unfortunately he didn't stick so he went back to Russia. I don't understand the big deal.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
Wow we only got like five players 30 or over, Drury, Redden, Rozy, Nalund, and Vally. I'm not counting Nedved cause he won't make the team. The Rangers have to be one of the youngest teams in the league now, I'm extra excited this year I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting team to watch. Does anyone else feel like Glen is trying to model this team after the 06-07 Sabres?
The Rangers are the second youngest team in the NHL, behind Chicago, with the Rosters standing as they are right now I believe.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 12:34 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
The Rangers are the second youngest team in the NHL, behind Chicago, with the Rosters standing as they are right now I believe.
And yet Detroit is the oldest... age has very little to do with success.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
And yet Detroit is the oldest... age has very little to do with success.
having a 90 year old 7th defensman really inflates the numbers

Old
09-07-2008, 01:06 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

I heard he wasn't that good.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
he isnt. at best he'd be a #6 dman on Hartford. I know that he is very, very physical though and if we can develop him right, you never know what can happen.

Old
09-07-2008, 01:53 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
he isnt. at best he'd be a #6 dman on Hartford. I know that he is very, very physical though and if we can develop him right, you never know what can happen.
Always with the "if's"

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Always with the "if's"
You know it

Old
09-07-2008, 02:48 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:

Nice...looks like he's got Dad's mean streak. He clobbered that guy...

I remember meeting Mess and I told him how this guy kept cheap shottin me...

He said, "You gotta learn how to get your stick up"...I was like oh wow, awesome!

So, I can only imagine what he has taught his son...

Anyhow...can't wait for camp to start. Now I just gotta register to BB+

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
there was an article about him in the post a while back, he sounded like he had a great attitude but wasnt very good.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Prucha still at 175...sigh.
I saw that too, but I think that's just what he weighed in at last season. You have to see once he shows up for camp.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote