HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atlanta signs Bogosian

Old
09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Capa*

vCash: 500
Im pretty positive in saying that all us Atlanta fans knew he was going to be on openning night roster after the developmental camp. If we want to get to the cap floor he NEEDS to play, hes going to shock and awe people this year. I cant wait to see how him and Dought and P stack up after a season or 2 in the bigs

Capa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 01:05 PM
MojoJojo

Quite a few defensemen making the jump rather early. Bogosian, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Teubert seem to be big enough for the NHL. Seems rather a lot of expectations are being placed on their shoulders by their teams. D men, especially big guys like these, typically take longer to develop. I'm wondering if signing them right out of the draft is wise.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
What about Klesla?
I think he was overrated from the very beginning. Bringing D up early doesn't take their talent away from them, and it is not like defenseman are complete mental cases like most goalies are.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
cws
...in the drink

I know a lot of people are excited about being able to compare the top Dmen in this draft 2-3 years down the line. If that's your thing, no worries; looks like you'll have a lot to talk about.

For me, I couldn't even begin to care less how these guys play compared to each other. As long as Bogosian is close to what's being advertised, I'll be ecstatic.
If Doughty, Pieterangelo, Schenn are slightly better or slightly worse; won't bother me much one way or the other. I'll be very content as long as the Mad Armenian unleashes that insane talent he has.

cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 02:48 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
I know a lot of people are excited about being able to compare the top Dmen in this draft 2-3 years down the line. If that's your thing, no worries; looks like you'll have a lot to talk about.

For me, I couldn't even begin to care less how these guys play compared to each other. As long as Bogosian is close to what's being advertised, I'll be ecstatic.
If Doughty, Pieterangelo, Schenn are slightly better or slightly worse; won't bother me much one way or the other. I'll be very content as long as the Mad Armenian unleashes that insane talent he has.
But think of your Internet ego! That guy in the thread earlier that put Doughty in with JBo and Bourque will be crushed if Bogosian winds up better!

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2008, 04:03 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Quite a few defensemen making the jump rather early. Bogosian, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Teubert seem to be big enough for the NHL. Seems rather a lot of expectations are being placed on their shoulders by their teams. D men, especially big guys like these, typically take longer to develop. I'm wondering if signing them right out of the draft is wise.
They'll get a shot at training camp for sure, and some of them will play in the NHL, but signing them doesn't necessarily mean they're playing in the NHL this season. They can still play junior with or without an NHL contract. I can't see the negatives in signing them right now.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote