HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Agree to a 4 Year, $14.4MM Contract with Stoll

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2008, 10:45 PM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post

Thankfully it's not cold enough to snow yet. We're getting the remnants of hurricane Hanna here and expecting 3"-6" of rain overnight. That would be about 5-feet of snow...
3-6 inches of rain would be the apocalypse in LA. 5 ft of snow would be hell on earth. Even KINGS17 would agree "the sky is falling". You staying dry Squidly? Stay out from under trees bud. Pictures of the rain from the US Open were pretty incredible. Keep your powder dry fellas.

Old
09-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
3-6 inches of rain would be the apocalypse in LA. 5 ft of snow would be hell on earth. Even KINGS17 would agree "the sky is falling". You staying dry Squidly? Stay out from under trees bud. Pictures of the rain from the US Open were pretty incredible. Keep your powder dry fellas.
Actually it has been pretty calm in these parts. But I have seen more rain in the last 2 months living in Charlotte than in the past 2 years in Nevada.

Old
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I noticed he hasn't been re-signed yet, anyone know what the hold up is? I know it's pretty unlikely he gets moved seeing as you guys just acquired him, but I've always liked his style of play and would love to see him on the Canucks. Just wondering if maybe the two sides are far apart on contract demands and if he could be moved at all? You guys appear to have a lot of depth at center with Kopitar, Boyle, Handzus, Armstrong as well as O'Sullivan, Lewis and Richardson all capable of playing center as well, so where does Stoll fit in if/when signed? Thanks for any insight! And congrats on getting Doughty signed today, I can't wait to watch him next season.

Stoll signed!

Old
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
We ended up with about 5" of rain yesterday and overnight last night. Lot's of localized flooding and road closings on my end of town. Sump-pumps and wet-vacs rule the day...

Old
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Do you mean the kings actually might have done something public relation oriented, I find that hard to believe.........this is the team that after converting the best parking into another revenue generating venue causing many to walk thru one of the worst areas in america, then raised prices on that parking after a last place finish, pure genius......
This is something I really don't get. Where are people choosing to park that it cost $30? And is it necessary to buy parking from the Kings? I have parked in the same lot for the past 3 seasons and it has never gone above $10. In fact, last season it actually dropped to $5 on some games because of such bad turn outs. That is a 3 block walk to Staples. There are countless people walking out together at the same time and that isn't exactly an ideal time and spot to commit a crime with hundreds of potential witnesses around. I understand women not wanting to walk alone but that is about it. Unless you consider the homeless asking for change violent criminals, the area around Staples (.5 mile to 1 mile radius) is pretty safe.

Old
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
PCLoadLetter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Unless you consider the homeless asking for change violent criminals, the area around Staples (.5 mile to 1 mile radius) is pretty safe.
Exactly. We're talking about Staples Center here. It's not like you're parking at Big Wang's or something.

Closed Thread