HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings deny Khabibulin interest (Boston Globe)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
  #1
RDThockey
 
RDThockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Kings deny Khabibulin interest (Boston Globe)

Quote:
Have no fear, says Los Angeles general manager Dean Lombardi, the Kings will make it to the NHL's salary "floor" of $40.7 million in player payroll before opening night. However, the financial formula will not include, contrary to rumors in recent weeks, taking high-priced goalie Nikolai Khabibulin off Chicago's hands, or dealing away budding superstar forward Anze Kopitar.
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...fit_for_kings/

My opinion : The Kings could need this veteran goalie and the Blackhawks don't need him, they already have Huet.

RDThockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
  #2
TerminatorBlue
Registered User
 
TerminatorBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
If I was Chicago i would jump all over this Anze Kopitar is going to be a spuer star and Khabibulin is getting old.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:16 PM
  #3
kalessin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
If I was Chicago i would jump all over this Anze Kopitar is going to be a spuer star and Khabibulin is getting old.
I think you misunderstand.

Lombardi has said they won't trade for Khabibulin or trade Kopitar.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
  #4
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ
 
Brent Burns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Coming in hot
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
If I was Chicago i would jump all over this Anze Kopitar is going to be a spuer star and Khabibulin is getting old.
lolz

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  #5
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,556
vCash: 500
I can believe Chicago would deal Khabibulin. I, however, would be shocked that there are enough teams that want him to drive the price up anywhere near a good young player.

For LA to trade Kopi for a overpaid and on his last legs veteran player when they are rebuilding is illogical. Khabi for a 4th round pick? Sure.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
  #6
Timmer44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Van City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,206
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I can believe Chicago would deal Khabibulin. I, however, would be shocked that there are enough teams that want him to drive the price up anywhere near a good young player.

For LA to trade Kopi for a overpaid and on his last legs veteran player when they are rebuilding is illogical. Khabi for a 4th round pick? Sure.
2nd to misunderstand.

I don't get the trading Kopitar to get to the cap floor logic. Why wouldn't you sign a Shanahan or G. Murray.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:40 PM
  #7
The Poofer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Your moms meat flaps
Country: United States
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
The Hawks are stuck with Krabbi, and theres no team stupid enough to help out the Hawks and their cap issues.

Why would you?

Dale Tallon is the biggest lummox in the NHL, and didnt learn his lesson the first time the Hawks opened up the rusted purse strings when he signed Krabbi to that ridiculous contract in the first place.

13 million in goal, one top line, and extreme overpayment for a defenseman who isnt even a top 10 D-man in the NHL

Maybe I should put on rose colored glasses......

The Poofer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
  #8
KDizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,102
vCash: 500
If I were Chicago, I would totally trade for Kopi....

just kidding.

I'm a little surprised by this. Is it looking like a Labarberra/Bernier tandem in net this year?

If I were the Kings, I think I would prefer a Khabibulin/Bernier tandem. Perhaps they're just waiting (and gambling) until Chicago just waives Khabibulin?

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
  #9
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
There has been a persistent realistic rumor that the Kings were interested in Khabibulin.

Unrelated: there was a one-time unrealistic rumor of a blockbuster deal involving Kopitar.

Yesterday during media availability Lombardi denied them both.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
  #10
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
If I was Chicago i would jump all over this Anze Kopitar is going to be a spuer star and Khabibulin is getting old.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 05:57 PM
  #11
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kings will go with LaBarbera and Ersberg unless Chicago is willing to dump something of real value on the Kings with Nikolai. It's just not happening. Lombardi said he's popular with the rest of the GM's with all of his cap space. But for the Kings to take on a ****** contract we expect something nice with it. We're not going to do your team a favor just for the sake of doing a favor.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
  #12
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 21,899
vCash: 500
Don't the Kings have a ton of goalies? Didn't they dress like 7 of them last year at some point of the season? I don't think they'd deal for him.

Chicago shoud trade him, though. Over the cap and he is way overpaid.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
  #13
RDThockey
 
RDThockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
I'm a little surprised by this. Is it looking like a Labarberra/Bernier tandem in net this year?

If I were the Kings, I think I would prefer a Khabibulin/Bernier tandem. Perhaps they're just waiting (and gambling) until Chicago just waives Khabibulin?
So this would means a trade involving Labarbera / Khabibulin ?

RDThockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 06:16 PM
  #14
TheSpecialist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
The Kings are in good position to acquire Khabibulin without giving much back in return and I even believe that Chicago would accept a 2nd Rd. pick in 09' just to unload Khabibulin's hefty salary.

That rumour about Kopitar being sent to Chicago for a straight up swap is a complete joke and was probably started by an adolescent fan.

TheSpecialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
  #15
The Poofer*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Your moms meat flaps
Country: United States
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialist View Post
The Kings are in good position to acquire Khabibulin without giving much back in return and I even believe that Chicago would accept a 2nd Rd. pick in 09' just to unload Khabibulin's hefty salary.

That rumour about Kopitar being sent to Chicago for a straight up swap is a complete joke and was probably started by an adolescent fan.

Eklund?

The Poofer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
  #16
RDThockey
 
RDThockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialist View Post
The Kings are in good position to acquire Khabibulin without giving much back in return and I even believe that Chicago would accept a 2nd Rd. pick in 09' just to unload Khabibulin's hefty salary.
Washington gave a 2nd round pick last year for Huet.... Khabibulin is worth less than a 2nd round I think.....

RDThockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
  #17
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
I don't know why this thread is tagged with the prefix "Rumor" as it seems pretty factual, considering that it's coming straight from Dean Lombardi's mouth.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
  #18
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,378
vCash: 500
No question that Khabibulin would be the best goalie of the Kings right now but you have to ask yourself if it's even worth it for them. It likely won't be enough to make the playoff and the Kings would most likely like to have a shot at the top pick one more time before starting to build a playoff team.

If all of what Bulin will bring the Kings is push them away from a top 5 pick, you have to wonder why should they give a asset for him on top of that.

It might sound stupid a bit but i don't think the Kings management are ready and want to win just yet. I think they want that extra year for their defenceman and goaltenders (Bernier and Zatkoff) to come around while adding another potential franchise player like Tavares, Hedman or Schenn...


Last edited by C-Saku Koivu MTL: 09-07-2008 at 09:59 PM.
C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
  #19
TRIARII*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Italy
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
would a khabbi for gerber deal work . ottawa gets a better goalie , chicago gets a smaller salary that would be easier to dump . if i were ottawa ide be very interested in this deal .

TRIARII* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
  #20
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIARII View Post
would a khabbi for gerber deal work . ottawa gets a better goalie , chicago gets a smaller salary that would be easier to dump . if i were ottawa ide be very interested in this deal .
I certainly can see something along those lines for sure.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
  #21
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?
 
FanSince2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 500
The Kings would be really, REALLY stupid to not jump all over this.

Kopitar is a flash-in-the-pan who simply rode the coattails of the now traded Mike Cammalleri and Khabibulin is the experienced, elite, all-star, world-class goaltender that the Kings have been lacking for the last 25 years.

The Kings should offer up Kopitar and their first round picks for the next two years for Khabibulin before Chicago deals him to someone else.

But they won't and as a direct result, they'll suck again next year . . . yet again.

FanSince2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
  #22
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poofer View Post
The Hawks are stuck with Krabbi, and theres no team stupid enough to help out the Hawks and their cap issues.

Why would you?

Dale Tallon is the biggest lummox in the NHL, and didnt learn his lesson the first time the Hawks opened up the rusted purse strings when he signed Krabbi to that ridiculous contract in the first place.

13 million in goal, one top line, and extreme overpayment for a defenseman who isnt even a top 10 D-man in the NHL

Maybe I should put on rose colored glasses......


"Oh really?"

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM
  #23
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince'07 View Post
The Kings would be really, REALLY stupid to not jump all over this.

Kopitar is a flash-in-the-pan who simply rode the coattails of the now traded Mike Cammalleri and Khabibulin is the experienced, elite, all-star, world-class goaltender that the Kings have been lacking for the last 25 years.

The Kings should offer up Kopitar and their first round picks for the next two years for Khabibulin before Chicago deals him to someone else.

But they won't and as a direct result, they'll suck again next year . . . yet again.
it really is a great game


Last edited by yankeeking: 09-07-2008 at 10:23 PM.
yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
  #24
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Just wondering if you have actually ever watched hockey........
Sarcasm: A form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis; An act of sarcasm

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 09:41 PM
  #25
FromChaos22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Just wondering if you have actually ever watched hockey........
His name is FanSince'07...

FromChaos22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.