HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Trade for Chris Drury?

Old
09-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Drury_Sakic

vCash: 500
The Avs could absorb Drury's contract if they moved Arnason.

I would be willing to do

Avs Get:
Drury

Rangers Get:
Arnason
1st Round Pick 2009
Cap Space to sign Sundin

Smyth-Stastny-Hejduk
Drury-Sakic-Svatos
x-Hensick-Jones
k-Guite-Lappy

Clark-Foote
Salei-Leopold
Hannan-Liles

x= some combo of Tucker, McLeod, McCormick, and rookies/ahl/Parker

As for keeping Drury + the others past that. Sakic and Foote will be off the books almost for sure in the next 1-2 years, leaving more than enough to get Stastny and Wolski under the cap.

Why am I willing to give up a first round pick? The team loses nothing off the club that important. This puts the team right into cup contention as long as Budaj plays at least somewhat good hockey. As much as some won't like it.... This team needs to risk a bit to be better NOW. The last year or two of the Sakic, Foote, and possibly Forsberg era needs to be more than a fade out. This puts the Avs in the playoffs, with a much deeper forward core that can adjust to injury better than last years team (in terms of NHL ready talent rather than green rookies)

THAT ALL SAID... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 03:56 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
I'd say the odds of Arnason being hit by lightning are only slightly worse than the odds of him jogging
I just spit a mess of half-chewed chips all over my desk

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:08 AM
cuzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
As much as some won't like it.... This team needs to risk a bit to be better NOW. The last year or two of the Sakic, Foote, and possibly Forsberg era needs to be more than a fade out.
Imagine on one night, winning the Stanley Cup at Denver. Sakic, Foote and Forsberg retire. Retired numbers hit the rafters. I'd probably die and go to heaven...

cuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 01:05 PM
18Mike18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
The Avs could absorb Drury's contract if they moved Arnason.

I would be willing to do

Avs Get:
Drury

Rangers Get:
Arnason
1st Round Pick 2009
Cap Space to sign Sundin

Smyth-Stastny-Hejduk
Drury-Sakic-Svatos
x-Hensick-Jones
k-Guite-Lappy

Clark-Foote
Salei-Leopold
Hannan-Liles

x= some combo of Tucker, McLeod, McCormick, and rookies/ahl/Parker

As for keeping Drury + the others past that. Sakic and Foote will be off the books almost for sure in the next 1-2 years, leaving more than enough to get Stastny and Wolski under the cap.

Why am I willing to give up a first round pick? The team loses nothing off the club that important. This puts the team right into cup contention as long as Budaj plays at least somewhat good hockey. As much as some won't like it.... This team needs to risk a bit to be better NOW. The last year or two of the Sakic, Foote, and possibly Forsberg era needs to be more than a fade out. This puts the Avs in the playoffs, with a much deeper forward core that can adjust to injury better than last years team (in terms of NHL ready talent rather than green rookies)

THAT ALL SAID... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
id do the deal.but the cap hit is still too high

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
LaCarriere

Send a message via MSN to LaCarriere
Cap hit is just too much. I mean, we got Sakic for 6 -- granted he wasn't going anywhere else.

I'd rather keep that money off the books so we could sign/trade for a goalie if Budaj falters. We also got Stastny to think about in the future. There needs to be room to resign him. If goaltending wasn't a huge question mark I could live with overpaying for Drury, but grabbing him now would be a huge mistake.

LaCarriere is offline   Reply With Quote