HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Montreal Top 20 prospects

Old
09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I know a youtube clip shouldn't be something base your view on a player but this goal was a beauty. If this doesn't at least give people a glimpse of what he can 'chip' in offensively, nothing will.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Kyle "Slowpoke" Chipchura
Sometimes I have to wonder if people have ever even watched hockey for more than a few years.

Wayne Gretzky wasn't fast. Mario Lemieux wasn't fast. Guys like Jarri Kurri could bullet by them in no time. However, Kurri wasn't one of the greatest hockey players to ever live. Mario and Wayne were.

Speed isn't everything. If there is one thing that keeps you in the league no matter how fast you are, its hockey intellect.

Were you people even old enough to watch Vincent Damphousse, who would likely have trouble beating Georges Laraque in a skating contest? Didn't change the fact the man had hockey intellect and great positioning.

I'll never understand you speed freaks...

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Sometimes I have to wonder if people have ever even watched hockey for more than a few years.

Wayne Gretzky wasn't fast. Mario Lemieux wasn't fast. Guys like Jarri Kurri could bullet by them in no time. However, Kurri wasn't one of the greatest hockey players to ever live. Mario and Wayne were.

Speed isn't everything. If there is one thing that keeps you in the league no matter how fast you are, its hockey intellect.

Were you people even old enough to watch Vincent Damphousse, who would likely have trouble beating Georges Laraque in a skating contest? Didn't change the fact the man had hockey intellect and great positioning.

Methamphetamine is no laughing matter.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Do you really believe this? Cause Chipchura is a total lock to play in the NHL.
Considering her other posts, does that type of wild crazy statement surprise you?

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Bullsmith

Mario Lemieux was incredibly fast. Just ask Ray Borque. Granted he liked to slow the game down.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
BulldogFever

The reason I put Chipchura on my list was because he finished the year in Hamilton and no Santa Claus, he isn't a lock to make this team. But he is by far the most NHL ready player. Carle and Valentenko didn't even play a full year. D'Agostini has to work on his play away from the puck. Desjardins is a long shot. But for what Kyle does, at the $$$ that he's being paid, he is going to get a long look.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post

I think it has to do with playing hockey video games. Unless the player is fast in the game, they are traded away for faster players.

This mentality has diluded their minds into thinking that to be effective in real life they need to be blazing around the rink. Yes in the New NHL team speed is very important and especially for the habs but every player on the team does not need to be super fast. Sometimes its good to have a few guys that play at different speeds to change the look of the break out and penetration of the opposing teams blue line. Sure i'd rather a player be fast than slow but it doesn't have to be that way all the time.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Considering her other posts, does that type of wild crazy statement surprise you?
I don't know her posts but I was suprised to see that since Chipchura is one of the safest bets to play in the NHL that's in our system imo.

I just wanted to add that I will have my own top 20 but likely not for a little while yet as I want to see Kristo and Quailer in action and I don't like to rank a player until I've seen them in game action. That said, for me, guys like Price, Kostitsyn, O'Byrne, Halak, and Chipchura will all be considered graduated. I have a rough idea of what the list will look like but will likely wait till next month when the NCAA starts up.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 02:13 PM
ROEN
HabsHQ

Chipchura is going to be much faster in camp this year ... I am 100 % sure of it !

I wonder what happens if he has a better camp than Lats and Laps, boy the pressure is going to be ON

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote