HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anyone ever played at Madison Square Garden?

Old
09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
thesnake

vCash: 500
I've skated on the MSG ice for the season suscriber skate, but never played a game there.

I have played on the St Pete's Times forum a few times now (Where Tampa plays their home games)... that was pretty cool. Its part of a mens tourney we go to every year. If your team buys tickets to the Lightening game, you also get one of your tourney games on the NHL ice. They have the scoreboard and the PA on so you get to hear your name if you score (or go to the box in my case)... but the horn they used during wasnt the same or as loud as the one during the real NHL games.

Its a good time. The few things I noticed as far as difference were the temp (it was blazing hot in there), the sounds (a huge empty buliding sounds a lot different the rink where we usually play) and its easy to lose the pucks in the seats when its off the ice...

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
The Utica Auditorium? I live about 15 minutes from there, but like you, I also participated and won two NYSHS Div 2 tourneys back when I played. What team did you play for Gong and when did you play?
won it 2 years ago, and lost 3 years ago. Did you play for Clinton, if so you bastid!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
won it 2 years ago, and lost 3 years ago. Did you play for Clinton, if so you bastid!
I take it you played for Monroe-Woodbury then lol. Yea I played for Clinton, but it was back from 96-99, so I wasnt on the ice against you 3 years ago, although my brother was . Would have been nice to watch a rematch of that game two years ago, but some jack ***** from the Clinton team decided to have a drinking binge the week of the regional final game against Queensbury that year lol. Thats cool though man, small world lol....

MrEctions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
LOL, you know Im not lying, and you yourself won one there as well right?
NH did in '97 and I went to the Section final in '07 as a Senior for NH (which should have been at the Aud, not The Barn), I never won one though...

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
NH did in '97 and I went to the Section final in '07 as a Senior for NH (which should have been at the Aud, not The Barn), I never won one though...
AHhh yeah thats right, they switched it to the barn in 07. You guys had beaten Clinton the last game of the season, which gave ya'll a ton of momentum, then fell apart in the sectional final. Was dissapointing as I think everyone was geared up for that final.

Old
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
97 was the year we were Co-section champs but you guys moved on due to a gay ass fricken shootout

Old
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
TheSchwab

Quote:
AHhh yeah thats right, they switched it to the barn in 07. You guys had beaten Clinton the last game of the season, which gave ya'll a ton of momentum, then fell apart in the sectional final. Was dissapointing as I think everyone was geared up for that final.
There are a bunch of things that make me mad in that game, but most were out of my control. What made me mad was that it gave Clinton a home ice advantage, as we had split the home and home over the season, ya know?

But whats done is done.

I explain what went wrong this way to everyone and anyone that asks: 9 out of 10 times, that game is a 1-1 game in the third period with 5 minutes left. Heres the list of what went wrong from my POV:

- My best linemate, and now my college roomate, breaks his skate blade 2 shifts into the game. **** That Noise.
- Our goalie, who had the best 2 weeks of goaltending of his life since beating clinton and throughout playoffs, has his worst game ever.
- I found out 2 weeks after the game that I tweaked my groin in the 2nd period. I got the only assist on our goal though.
- Our All-State Dman, who had been out with an appendix injury, comes back and tries to do WAY too much by running around. I later found out he felt as high as a kite because he took too many pain killers hahahaha.

I'm sure I could find more, but those are the main ones.

Should have been a better game, but I believe in Karma and life goes on...

Old
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I take it you played for Monroe-Woodbury then lol. Yea I played for Clinton, but it was back from 96-99, so I wasnt on the ice against you 3 years ago, although my brother was . Would have been nice to watch a rematch of that game two years ago, but some jack ***** from the Clinton team decided to have a drinking binge the week of the regional final game against Queensbury that year lol. Thats cool though man, small world lol....
yeah i remember when clinton lost, we were in Buffalo and we were all stunned. Your crowd is insane, took us off our game so badly.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
TheSchwab

Quote:
97 was the year we were Co-section champs but you guys moved on due to a gay ass fricken shootout
Hey, I was 9 years old or something like that at that point, just an innocent Spartans fan haha.

Old
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
TheSchwab

To psyked, gongshow, and any other former or current NY State High School hockey players:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post15385051

Last edited by TheSchwab: 09-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
To psyked, gongshow, and any other former or current NY State High School hockey players:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...6#post15384826

You just put a link to this same exact thread

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
nyrangers14

i never got to play at MSG but one of my friends brothers got to play on the ice after rangers pitts game a few years back where we got smacked. before they played, me and a couple friends got to go in the goal judge box where they do the red light and we got to go in the penalty box and stuff. it was pretty cool. especially cuz i remember messier sitting the box an hour before during the rangers game. just walking out on that ice was incredible.

nyrangers14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
AdmiralsHockey93

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsHockey93 Send a message via MSN to AdmiralsHockey93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Yes it was a dream but I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time...

I've played with a quite a few NHL'ers just from being an employee at Chelsea Piers and playing in the top division there.

But that was over 7 years ago and 3 knee surgeries later. I'll be lucky to squeeze into Division 3 after a good rehabbin'...but I'm only 30.

Now I'm dreamin just to play again let alone get back to that level. It's been a while.

Skating/playing with Leetch in the offseason was definitely the highlight of my hockey life. Schneider was there as well and Glenn Anderson was a regular on my team.
Dude! i hear yah!, im 15 and i already had an ACL injury, had it fixed and been better ever since. the doctor was great, PT was a BI*** lol but i t was worth it, ive been back to normal for more than 6 months now, knee injurys suck. i had a special doctor do it, lets just say he works for the team were talking about and can u say TICKETS!!! lol

AdmiralsHockey93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
There are a bunch of things that make me mad in that game, but most were out of my control. What made me mad was that it gave Clinton a home ice advantage, as we had split the home and home over the season, ya know?

But whats done is done.

I explain what went wrong this way to everyone and anyone that asks: 9 out of 10 times, that game is a 1-1 game in the third period with 5 minutes left. Heres the list of what went wrong from my POV:

- My best linemate, and now my college roomate, breaks his skate blade 2 shifts into the game. **** That Noise.
- Our goalie, who had the best 2 weeks of goaltending of his life since beating clinton and throughout playoffs, has his worst game ever.
- I found out 2 weeks after the game that I tweaked my groin in the 2nd period. I got the only assist on our goal though.
- Our All-State Dman, who had been out with an appendix injury, comes back and tries to do WAY too much by running around. I later found out he felt as high as a kite because he took too many pain killers hahahaha.

I'm sure I could find more, but those are the main ones.

Should have been a better game, but I believe in Karma and life goes on...
Yea I know man, its a tough pill to swallow. Wasnt any better in 97 from my side. I watched that 07 game though, and I have to agree, that has to be the worst game Ive seen Rich play ever. And from the drop of the puck, I said the biggest mistake that Carson made was playing Furgal. He wasnt ready, and you guys were playing great hockey, rallying around him not being there. To this day I think it was the single biggest mistake of that game.

Old
09-08-2008, 10:16 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
i played in the Utica Center for HS states. and i played on Army Ice for about a bazillion games.

You probably dont know who the person is since they graduated like 2 years ago...
I played in Utica twice against mohawk valley. Will play there again next season too....real nice rink....The goal horn is loud as hell though

h0ckeyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsHockey93 View Post
Dude! i hear yah!, im 15 and i already had an ACL injury, had it fixed and been better ever since. the doctor was great, PT was a BI*** lol but i t was worth it, ive been back to normal for more than 6 months now, knee injurys suck. i had a special doctor do it, lets just say he works for the team were talking about and can u say TICKETS!!! lol
Yea knee injuries always suck. Glad to hear your doing good. Thank God for your youth lol. Was it Andrew Feldman? I tried to get him to do my 3rd procedure and couldn't for some reason that I forget. I moved to Miami temporarily to have the Dr of the Miami Dolphins do my procedure.

My first knee surgery was when I was only 4 years old and I broke the same leg in 2 different places when I was 9

My surgery was not as bad as an acl. I had a meniscal transplant from a cadaver back in NY and it failed twice. I guess my body was rejecting it cuz it wasn't mine. So far so good after # 3 tho...I walked off the operating table and into my friends ride. I was so amazed at the job the guy did and I've been slowly getting better ever since. I'm up to 130lbs on the leg press now in PT and this surgery was only a month ago.

-Brian

Last edited by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD: 09-09-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
jaywills1020

here i am crossing center ice last november

jaywills1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 03:19 PM
AdmiralsHockey93

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsHockey93 Send a message via MSN to AdmiralsHockey93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Yea knee injuries always suck. Glad to hear your doing good. Thank God for your youth lol. Was it Andrew Feldman? I tried to get him to do my 3rd procedure and couldn't for some reason that I forget. I moved to Miami temporarily to have the Dr of the Miami Dolphins do my procedure.

My first knee surgery was when I was only 4 years old and I broke the same leg in 2 different places when I was 9

My surgery was not as bad as an acl. I had a meniscal transplant from a cadaver back in NY and it failed twice. I guess my body was rejecting it cuz it wasn't mine. So far so good after # 3 tho...I walked off the operating table and into my friends ride. I was so amazed at the job the guy did and I've been slowly getting better ever since. I'm up to 130lbs on the leg press now in PT and this surgery was only a month ago.

-Brian
no but Feldman the main physician for the rangers, Dr. Anthony Maddalo who is the assistant physician for the rangers, when we got tickets they were Feldmans seats section 223(amazing seats) if you watch Richters story on MSG and when he gets 1 of his ACL injurys when he gets off the ice, look for a man with thick white hair lol, thats him, he has an office in weschester, the doctor who assisted in my surgery, was Dr. Cavelliri,(DEFF SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG) well hes the Physician for the NY islanders. i was in good hands lol

AdmiralsHockey93 is offline   Reply With Quote