HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

TicketExchange rangers question.

Old
09-09-2008, 02:59 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
TicketExchange rangers question.

Has anyone bought tickets over there before? i got 2 tickets to opening night relativly(sp) cheap and than i got that dreaded email saying i have to print out the tickets(which look like popcorn coupons btw) from that email.

my question is , is it possible to get the REAL tickets instead of those print outs?

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
levski87

Whats the difference?... It still gets you inside the game. Man up and print it.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 07:52 AM
FromTheSide

are you kidding? man up? this is not like im refusing to take a bullet for my family or something.

is it that bad that i want the real ticket and not some fake looking one to go to the game? they even write* theres always a chance of duplication and that i won't get into the game.

Last edited by FromTheSide: 09-09-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old
09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
are you kidding? man up? this is not like im refusing to ake a bullet for my family or something.

is it that bad that i want the real ticket and not some fake looking one to go to the game? they even right theres always a chance of duplication and that i won't get into the game.
No, there isn't. The season ticket holder from who you purchased has now had his hard tickets voided. The printouts that you now posses are the only means of entering the building for those seats.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
are you kidding? man up? this is not like im refusing to ake a bullet for my family or something.

is it that bad that i want the real ticket and not some fake looking one to go to the game? they even right theres always a chance of duplication and that i won't get into the game.

If you are buying the tickets directly off of the ticket exchange, than they are coming directly from a season ticket holder via MSG/Ticketmaster.

I'm a season ticket holder. I can post tickets on the ticket exchange at any time for whatever value I want. If the tickets sell, MSG cancels out the bar code on my physical tickets and ticketmaster automatically delivers the tickets to the inbox of the buyer. From a seller's perspective, we have no idea who bought the tickets. From a buyer's perspective, you don't know which season ticket holder was selling and thus its pretty much impossible to get the physical tickets which no longer work.

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
No, there isn't. The season ticket holder from who you purchased has now had his hard tickets voided. The printouts that you now posses are the only means of entering the building for those seats.
Ok 1 last question , how big are the printouts? i know its a dumb question but when i open the file they are pretty huge to be honest(maybe even a page worthy?) is that just how it looks like and it will turn out like a normal small one or is it going to be as huge as a kite?

again , sorry first time buying there.

Old
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
If you are buying the tickets directly off of the ticket exchange, than they are coming directly from a season ticket holder via MSG/Ticketmaster.

I'm a season ticket holder. I can post tickets on the ticket exchange at any time for whatever value I want. If the tickets sell, MSG cancels out the bar code on my physical tickets and ticketmaster automatically delivers the tickets to the inbox of the buyer. From a seller's perspective, we have no idea who bought the tickets. From a buyer's perspective, you don't know which season ticket holder was selling and thus its pretty much impossible to get the physical tickets which no longer work.
Ok , that really helped
Thanks.

Old
09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Ok 1 last question , how big are the printouts? i know its a dumb question but when i open the file they are pretty huge to be honest(maybe even a page worthy?) is that just how it looks like and it will turn out like a normal small one or is it going to be as huge as a kite?

again , sorry first time buying there.
just one regular page. i used the exchange last year for a couple tickets and had no problems.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:14 AM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
just one regular page. i used the exchange last year for a couple tickets and had no problems.
i can cut them make them seperate etc ,that won't break any rules right?(no i dont mean cut the tickets themselves i mean cut as in in half to seperate ticket 1 from ticket 2)

rather ask now , safe than not go to a ranger game

Old
09-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Rags225

each ticket gets its own page. there is no need to cut. I think I folded the pages in half just to fit in my pocket. and there wasn't a problem w/ it.

you'll see what I'm talking about once you do it. There really is no need to worry about it. I think I bought the tickes like 3 hours before gametime or so, and they email them to you like 5 min after purchase. It is a simple process.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 822
A folded piece of paper fits into your back pocket easier than a cardboard ticket anyhow.

In any case how much more convenient can it possibly get than putting in your credit card number and a ticket popping out of your printer?

Some people are getting quite silly these days

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i can cut them make them seperate etc ,that won't break any rules right?(no i dont mean cut the tickets themselves i mean cut as in in half to seperate ticket 1 from ticket 2)

rather ask now , safe than not go to a ranger game
Immortal - getting tickets from ticketexchange is the safest way to do it.

The actual paper tickets still exist and I have seen on more than one occasion where someone tried to use the "original" tickets but they had already been invalidated b/c the owner had previously forwarded them.

If you ever purchase tickets getting the "ticketfast" tickets via email is the only way you know they are legit. It's too easy for the original owner to knowingly or unknowingly pass off the original paper tickets as the valid ticket.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Has anyone bought tickets over there before? i got 2 tickets to opening night relativly(sp) cheap and than i got that dreaded email saying i have to print out the tickets(which look like popcorn coupons btw) from that email.

my question is , is it possible to get the REAL tickets instead of those print outs?
All I see right now is $115 per for a 400 level blueseat for opening night. I paid $60 from stub hub last year for a blueseat for the home opener. yikes!

Last edited by nyrmetros: 09-09-2008 at 06:22 PM.
nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:30 PM
nyrmetros

Someone is offering for opening night, 2 tix in section 304 for $65 a ticket. Is this a good deal? Should I grab it?

Old
09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Someone is offering for opening night, 2 tix in section 304 for $65 a ticket. Is this a good deal? Should I grab it?
I got 3 for 135 a pop (like 10 over face value) in the 200s, 65 is almost (if not) face value for the 300s

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
jhnyr

Considering that's only a few bucks over face, I'd go for it. Remember, the seller's losing 5% to the Garden. So whoever has those up for sale probably put them up for face.

EDIT: Looks like they're gone already.

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

nyrmetros: Check the row and take a good look at the seating chart. Remember the higher letter the row, the higher up you are sitting.

But $65.00 per seat for opening night is a pretty good deal. Face on those is probably $52.00. You might have to pay a small fee on TE also, but still $65.00 for opening night tix is pretty good. They wont last.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Considering that's only a few bucks over face, I'd go for it. Remember, the seller's losing 5% to the Garden. So whoever has those up for sale probably put them up for face.

EDIT: Looks like they're gone already.
I just bought them off stubhub. I had a feeling it was a good deal.
It came out to $65 x2 plus 10% commission and $12 shipping.

The next price level was $115 for the blueseats. A huge difference.

Old
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice job!

Opening night has been fun the past few years. WE have something to look forward to!

Old
09-09-2008, 06:57 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
nyrmetros: Check the row and take a good look at the seating chart. Remember the higher letter the row, the higher up you are sitting.

But $65.00 per seat for opening night is a pretty good deal. Face on those is probably $52.00. You might have to pay a small fee on TE also, but still $65.00 for opening night tix is pretty good. They wont last.
Yea row E in section 304 is fine. I'd rather be up in the blueseats, but those were much more than this (starting at $95). If face in 304 is $52, and these were $65, I hardly consider that a markup since this is for opening night. granted I throw in $65 x2 plus 10% commission and $12 shipping, but it's the same price that ticketba$tard would have charged me anyway right?

Old
09-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

You did fine. You'll have a great time.

We better win. lol

Old
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
broadwayblue

Weird, I just tried listing some of my tickets on ticketexchange...but they wouldn't let me sell them for LESS than face value. What's up with that?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Weird, I just tried listing some of my tickets on ticketexchange...but they wouldn't let me sell them for LESS than face value. What's up with that?
If you're gonna list tickets under face, wouldn't it be better to just post them here? Or were you just trying to see if it works?

Old
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
If you're gonna list tickets under face, wouldn't it be better to just post them here? Or were you just trying to see if it works?
I was trying to post my pre-seasons for a few dollars less than face. But apparently they have a problem with me taking a loss. Why, I have no idea.

And I have posted many tickets here. I have one mini-plan left for my 100s (see the ticket thread) and I will post my 300s in the next few days.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I was trying to post my pre-seasons for a few dollars less than face. But apparently they have a problem with me taking a loss. Why, I have no idea.

And I have posted many tickets here. I have one mini-plan left for my 100s (see the ticket thread) and I will post my 300s in the next few days.
I wasn't questioning you, just wondering also why they won't let you post less than face. lol. Sets a bad precedent ??