HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos?

Old
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
1st---
naslund-gomez-fritsche
rozsival-mara

-----this pp unit will have gomez distributing the puck with naslund and fritsche set up near the goal and let bombs come from the points....also naslund can curl and find open ice in the slot created by fritsche and score from there

2nd---
dawes-drury-zherdev
redden-girardi

-----this pp unit will move the puck down low and allow zherdev time to use his creativity...also redden will be able to shoot from the point and look for deflections from dawes and drury down low with drury set up in the slot
i really liked the chemistry gomez and drury had on the PP, and i would like to see them together, maybe in something along the lines of:

naslund - drury - gomez
rozsival - redden

then i'd like to see dubinsky on a youth oriented PP to the tune of something like:

prucha/dawes (if prucha doesn't regain his touch) - dubinsky - zherdev
Girardi - Mara

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 10:42 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
naslund-gomez-callahan---this line is an all speed line that goes north-south....lots of give and goes and hard work down low by callahan and gomez to free naslund up for shots.....callahan and gomez had good chemistry last season and if someone is going to get callahan back on track its going to be gomez
dawes-drury-zherdev---dawes and drury last season had very good chemistry. two guys with low centers of gravity and who can both shoot the hell out of the puck....both like to play up-tempo and will finish most of the passes from zherdev....also, dawes and drury can use the space zherdev creates to find the openings and skate with him up and down the ice....
sjostrom-dubinsky-fritsche---all speed and forechecking line....three big bodies who will create havoc in the opposing zone and score dirty goals by going hard to the goal....this line reminds me of pitts 3rd line last season centered by staal....all of these players will be in on one or both of the pp and pk which should help their minutes
voros-betts-rissmiller/orr---solid checking line with more offense than it had last season, voros is a better fighter than hollweg, and, IMO, he should be in the lineup every night to add some grit and sandpaper....orr should play against teams with heavyweights or teams in the division but rissmiller should play the others....

rozsival-staal
girardi-redden
mara-kalinin

Wouldnt mind that lineup. I share a lot of your thoughts... curious - no prucha? traded.. sent down?

You see people, when you make a suggestion for a line(s), this is how its done.

With explanations...

I think the key to that lineup is the second line. i've been saying it all summer- Dawes and Drury started building chemistry last year and Zherdev is a puck carrier that will work well with those guys because they go to the net, they wont go offsides as much as Gomez and not only will they dig it up down low but come back hard and cover up for Zherdev when hes given the liberty to make some plays.

It will be very interesting to see what Renney winds up doing... and if he STICKS with it long enough or not.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 10:48 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Wouldnt mind that lineup. I share a lot of your thoughts... curious - no prucha? traded.. sent down?

With explanations...

I think the key to that lineup is the second line. i've been saying it all summer- Dawes and Drury started building chemistry last year and Zherdev is a puck carrier that will work well with those guys because they go to the net, they wont go offsides as much as Gomez and not only will they dig it up down low but come back hard and cover up for Zherdev when hes given the liberty to make some plays.
Agreed. I love the 2nd and third lines here. Swap Cally with Prucha and it's the lineup I would only hope for in Prague.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 12:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

With explanations...

It will be very interesting to see what Renney winds up doing... and if he STICKS with it long enough or not.
im not really sure what to do with prucha to be honest....i think if he is put in the right position he could score 20 goals....although he really needs to play on the top 2-lines and he doesnt fit with drury and i dont want gomez to have to carry him.....i think the third line with dubi might be a good idea with fritsche as that gives prucha two bigger guys who get in on the forecheck with him but i want to see what sjostrom can do with more ice time and better players, especially with the signings of voros and rissmiller....they will most likely be playing

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:30 AM
mti79

Quote:
im not really sure what to do with prucha to be honest....i think if he is put in the right position he could score 20 goals....although he really needs to play on the top 2-lines and he doesnt fit with drury and i dont want gomez to have to carry him.....i think the third line with dubi might be a good idea with fritsche as that gives prucha two bigger guys who get in on the forecheck with him but i want to see what sjostrom can do with more ice time and better players, especially with the signings of voros and rissmiller....they will most likely be playing
I don't think Gomez would have to carry Prucha. Petr can skate with him no question and it's not like he has stone hands so a give and go might work from time to time. Gomez might be the center for Prucha to work with as Scotty can gain the zone and then find Pru in the slot for the 1-timer.... it could be the combo that gets Petr back to 20+ goals per year, at least 15....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I don't think Gomez would have to carry Prucha. Petr can skate with him no question and it's not like he has stone hands so a give and go might work from time to time. Gomez might be the center for Prucha to work with as Scotty can gain the zone and then find Pru in the slot for the 1-timer.... it could be the combo that gets Petr back to 20+ goals per year, at least 15....
i agree partially....the problem with prucha is that he has no size whatsoever...and gomez and naslund arent exactly the biggest players either.......so i dont think that line would work in real life....but on paper it looks great......

like i said, i think a line of
fritsche-dubinsky-prucha
might work......prucha is more the finisher on this line and dubinsky and fritsche are bigger bodies and all 3 forecheck really well

Old
09-10-2008, 02:19 AM
mti79

Quote:
i agree partially....the problem with prucha is that he has no size whatsoever...and gomez and naslund arent exactly the biggest players either.......so i dont think that line would work in real life....but on paper it looks great......

like i said, i think a line of
fritsche-dubinsky-prucha
might work......prucha is more the finisher on this line and dubinsky and fritsche are bigger bodies and all 3 forecheck really well
I understand your logic and I really just want to keep Prucha on this team. I think he can be successful given the right opportunity. As long as Prucha is playing a regular role on a successful Ranger team, I'll be happy.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I understand your logic and I really just want to keep Prucha on this team. I think he can be successful given the right opportunity. As long as Prucha is playing a regular role on a successful Ranger team, I'll be happy.
In my eyes the top two lines are set with just one opening...UNLESS they move Drury to the wing and have Dubinsky at C on the top 2 lines

The team is set in G and top 6 D

Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev, Drury , Dawes are the for sure 5 to me..............I think Prucha gets the last spot given he has scored goals in the past.........yea yea last yr was down but Shanny was here and he was also hurt and did'nt get alot of PP time

No chance in freaking hell Fritche is a top 2 winger............I watched him in Junior for the Sarnia sting and YES hardworker and good PK man so stick to that role for him

With that said I think Fritche and Callahan would work well together with Dubinsky............all US born kids

Betts is the PK 4th line C and Sjostrom could easily slide up to 3rd line for some speed and scoring.............I think the last spot is obvious with a tough guy being either Voros or Orr...........Rissmiller is the utility guy in my eyes

Next yr though it is alomst Inevitable that Drury moves to the Wing................if Aminisev is ready with his Russian linemate Cherapanov and then add Korpikoski who could even play this yr I think.............alot of young bodies will be coming in

This is dreaming to next yr I know but imagine

Korpikoski, Aminisev, Cherapanov....WOW!
Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev
Dawes, Dubinsky, Drury
Voros, Fritsche, Callahan, Byers, Sjostrom.....................I REALLY HOPE THEY GO WITH THE YOUTH MOVEMENT AND DO NOT SIGN MORE DEPTH FORWARDS WHO ONLY TAKE SPOTS AWAY

Rissmiller ,Betts, Orr , Mara, Kalinen are FA next yr and I think they all walk because of contracts and others coming in

On D Sanguinetti and even Potter should be ready to play full time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
In my eyes the top two lines are set with just one opening...UNLESS they move Drury to the wing and have Dubinsky at C on the top 2 lines

The team is set in G and top 6 D

Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev, Drury , Dawes are the for sure 5 to me..............I think Prucha gets the last spot given he has scored goals in the past.........yea yea last yr was down but Shanny was here and he was also hurt and did'nt get alot of PP time

No chance in freaking hell Fritche is a top 2 winger............I watched him in Junior for the Sarnia sting and YES hardworker and good PK man so stick to that role for him

With that said I think Fritche and Callahan would work well together with Dubinsky............all US born kids

Betts is the PK 4th line C and Sjostrom could easily slide up to 3rd line for some speed and scoring.............I think the last spot is obvious with a tough guy being either Voros or Orr...........Rissmiller is the utility guy in my eyes

Can't say i disagree with any of this, or what hockeyviper said...

The thing with Prucha for me is, if he makes the team and you are going to play him top 6, you have to sit him down and tell him "you are my guy, and we are gonna give you a shot to prove yourself. Youre not going to bounce around. Youll play ___ line for ___ games... go get em" - and then you have to do it... hes a streaky type of guy, he loves to score in the garden... but you got to ride him out if doesnt get off to a good start and thats why its tough to fit him in up there. Renney wont have much patience with him... he would with a guy like Zherdev - but not Prucha.

For Prucha to succeed he needs his time and PP - i'd love to see him get it because i like the guy but i wouldnt be that upset if wasnt played at all either. Thats how i see Prucha, you either give him top minutes or send him down/trade him. Or you give him top minutes, drive up his value and then trade him.

To me he is pretty worthless below the second line.

Old
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Why are people putting Zherdev with Dubinsky all of a sudden?

We all know that the intent with Zherdev is to have him with Gomez, and rightfully so, it makes the most sense.

Here's mine:

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes - Dubinsky - Prucha
Korpikoski - Drury - Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts[Anisimov] - Voros[Orr]
I'm sorry but you don't put a 7M dollar player on the 3rd line. Drury WILL BE on the top two lines.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

knowing my rangers...

Knowing the rangers it will be

Naslund - Gomer - Zherdev
Nedved - Drury - Callahan/Prucha
Dawes - Dubi - Callahan/Prucha
Shannahan - Fritche - Orr

Rosi - Redden
Mara - Girardi
Staal - AHL Dman.

Sad but true.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Can't say i disagree with any of this, or what hockeyviper said...

The thing with Prucha for me is, if he makes the team and you are going to play him top 6, you have to sit him down and tell him "you are my guy, and we are gonna give you a shot to prove yourself. Youre not going to bounce around. Youll play ___ line for ___ games... go get em" - and then you have to do it... hes a streaky type of guy, he loves to score in the garden... but you got to ride him out if doesnt get off to a good start and thats why its tough to fit him in up there. Renney wont have much patience with him... he would with a guy like Zherdev - but not Prucha.

For Prucha to succeed he needs his time and PP - i'd love to see him get it because i like the guy but i wouldnt be that upset if wasnt played at all either. Thats how i see Prucha, you either give him top minutes or send him down/trade him. Or you give him top minutes, drive up his value and then trade him.

To me he is pretty worthless below the second line.
i agree, although i do think prucha could be a solid 3rd liner if he was to play with some bigger players such as dubinsky and fritsche....let him work hard and see if he can get hot to start the season and then possibly move people around(because we all know it will happen) to see if prucha can play better elsewhere.....the problem is, will renney see him as a valuable 3rd liner or want to give a better all-around player like sjostrom a chance to prove himself

Old
09-10-2008, 04:44 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Knowing the rangers it will be

Naslund - Gomer - Zherdev
Nedved - Drury - Callahan/Prucha
Dawes - Dubi - Callahan/Prucha
Shannahan - Fritche - Orr

Rosi - Redden
Mara - Girardi
Staal - AHL Dman.

Sad but true.
I seriously doubt Nedved will make this team (I hope you're j/k), but even if he does i have a really hard time seeing Fritsche beating out Betts for the fourth line center. Its pretty evident Fritsche is going to be a winger on this team and Betts is the best PK man on a team that got rid of a mainstay PK guy in Straka (and possibly Shanny).

No Kalinin?

I remember you saying that what salary a guy makes determines how much he plays. And AHL guy over Kalinin? Drury not playing 1st line? Hmmm...Whats up with that?

Old
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
NYR Viper

i honestly wonder if betts will be moved......if the rangers are waiting for an injury in camp somewhere to move him and give rissmiller the spot...thats the only reason IMO to sign him.......unless they didnt know they were going to get both zherdev and fritsche and thought they would need another winger

Old
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
I seriously doubt Nedved will make this team (I hope you're j/k), but even if he does i have a really hard time seeing Fritsche beating out Betts for the fourth line center. Its pretty evident Fritsche is going to be a winger on this team and Betts is the best PK man on a team that got rid of a mainstay PK guy in Straka (and possibly Shanny).

No Kalinin?

I remember you saying that what salary a guy makes determines how much he plays. And AHL guy over Kalinin? Drury not playing 1st line? Hmmm...Whats up with that?
Your right, I did forget Kalinin, plug him up with Mara and move Giradi down to play with Staal.

And unfortunately Nedved will probably make this team. I have a sneaking suspicion that Betts will be bumped...for the speed and scoring philosophy that they are trying to move torward. I know shanny is there but Shanny and Betts are totally differnt beasts. Shanny a future HOFer and Betts, a future piece of trade bait.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Your right, I did forget Kalinin, plug him up with Mara and move Giradi down to play with Staal.

And unfortunately Nedved will probably make this team. I have a sneaking suspicion that Betts will be bumped...for the speed and scoring philosophy that they are trying to move torward. I know shanny is there but Shanny and Betts are totally differnt beasts. Shanny a future HOFer and Betts, a future piece of trade bait.
I have to admit, for the first time in a few years i think if there was a camp where Betts would be beaten out, this would be the one... for the reason you stated. But when the dust settles I think hell be there because of his importance in the faceoff circle and his major importance on the PK.

Yeah, forget comparing Shanny and Betts... no comparison. But Betts plays his role very well despite his terrible skills offensively.

Old
09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

offense

naslund-gomez-drury
dawes-dubinsky-zherdev
korpikoski-fritsche-callahan
sjostrom-betts-voros/orr

rissmiller

defense

redden-rozsival
staal-girardi
mara-kalinin

hank
vally

personally i dont want to see dubi down on the 3rd line so i'd move drury to the wing with gomez, fritsche can center the 3rd line till anisimov is ready and i want to see korpikoski given a shot rather bringing shanny back.

people may not want to see drury on the wing but i want the youngsters to be given the chance to succeed.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
offense

naslund-gomez-drury
dawes-dubinsky-zherdev
korpikoski-fritsche-callahan
sjostrom-betts-voros/orr

rissmiller

defense

redden-rozsival
staal-girardi
mara-kalinin

hank
vally

personally i dont want to see dubi down on the 3rd line so i'd move drury to the wing with gomez, fritsche can center the 3rd line till anisimov is ready and i want to see korpikoski given a shot rather bringing shanny back.

people may not want to see drury on the wing but i want the youngsters to be given the chance to succeed.
Prucha?

I think Dawes and Drury will stay together- but the whole basis of your lines lies in Dubinsky not on the 3rd line, which is cool.

I also think they'll split up Rozsival and Redden... but who knows.

Not bad though...

Old
09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Prucha?

I think Dawes and Drury will stay together- but the whole basis of your lines lies in Dubinsky not on the 3rd line, which is cool.

I also think they'll split up Rozsival and Redden... but who knows.

Not bad though...

i left prucha out because i have a feeling he might be trade.

with regards to dubi being the basis you may be right i just would love to see him provide the grit/energy on the 2nd line zherdev playmaking and dawes sniping. to be honest i cant see drury being moved to the wing.

i really want the backbone of our team for many years to be hank, staal and dubi with guys like cherepanov, sanguinetti and anisimov fulfilling their potentiail. too much to hope for? maybe but it,s not impossible

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i left prucha out because i have a feeling he might be trade.

with regards to dubi being the basis you may be right i just would love to see him provide the grit/energy on the 2nd line zherdev playmaking and dawes sniping. to be honest i cant see drury being moved to the wing.

i really want the backbone of our team for many years to be hank, staal and dubi with guys like cherepanov, sanguinetti and anisimov fulfilling their potentiail. too much to hope for? maybe but it,s not impossible
Certainly not impossible...