HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Phoenix has an interesting core at center.

Old
09-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandes View Post
The coyotes will have an interested team this year. If I remember correctly, when they acquired Bryzgalow (via waiver I think), the coyotes have challenged the nineth position (after a terrible season beginning)

Their only problem will be defensively as they do have good defensemen, but they lack a better overall. They have a good core, but they are lacking some true depth. Not misunderstand me, they do have depth, but not enough yet to be in the top 10 of the league. Although, I do believe the Yotes will be in the playoffs this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
They look ok to say the least. Great youth that is sure. Their defense looks a bit weak and especialy wen Ed goes down with yet some other injurie. I wish him the best and hopefully for him and the Yotes he remains healthy.
Not only Jovocop... Sauer gets injured for 20-30 games each season. He's very important for their second pairing.

And Derek Morris is no all-star on the D side of the game, so when Jovo and Sauer are injured, it looks pretty bleek defensively for the Yotes.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-10-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Not only Jovocop... Sauer gets injured for 20-30 games each season. He's very important for their second pairing.

And Derek Morris is no all-star on the D side of the game, so when Jovo and Sauer are injured, it looks pretty bleek defensively for the Yotes.
Don't forget about Zbynek Michael and Keith Yandle, two young guys starting to come into their own. The Yotes' defense won't be so bad.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Beakermania*

I really can't see them giving up one of Mueller and Turris. They are Blue Chip prospects. Its almost the equivalent of asking Chicago for Toews or Kane... its not gonna happen.

Hanzal maybe, but the price will still be steep.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Maybe we should look towards the Blues and see if they would part with Oshie or Berglund.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Mue

Finding that 'elusive' center will probably come down to drafting and developing one internally.

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by starglider View Post
Don't forget about Zbynek Michael and Keith Yandle, two young guys starting to come into their own. The Yotes' defense won't be so bad.
I didn't say they would be bad, but there is a lack of depth, with some of them prone to injuries and others who lack experience. To me, that's still a D that has several issues.

Similar to TB's.

Old
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
le_sean

I was under the impression thay Hanzal played on the wing for them last year. Mueller and Turris are untouchable. Boedker was just drafted as well as Tikhonov (another centre), the overager. Both of them could possibly make the team this year. Add players like Brett MacLean and Kevin Porter up front, as well as Yandle, Summers and Ross at the back-end. Don't forget they acquired Al Montoya from the Rangers too. In a couple of years the Coyotes could be a very exciting team.

But with that depth down the middle, perhaps the Habs can try and get Kevin Porter who played with Pacioretty in Michigan.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I was under the impression thay Hanzal played on the wing for them last year. Mueller and Turris are untouchable. Boedker was just drafted as well as Tikhonov (another centre), the overager. Both of them could possibly make the team this year. Add players like Brett MacLean and Kevin Porter up front, as well as Yandle, Summers and Ross at the back-end. Don't forget they acquired Al Montoya from the Rangers too. In a couple of years the Coyotes could be a very exciting team.

But with that depth down the middle, perhaps the Habs can try and get Kevin Porter who played with Pacioretty in Michigan.
For Emelin and Webber?

Old
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
For Emelin and Webber?
I doubt it would cost that much for Porter. He's not a highly touted prospect. He's good, yes, but clearly overshadowed on the depth chart by others, which is no secret to GM's in the league.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I doubt it would cost that much for Porter. He's not a highly touted prospect. He's good, yes, but clearly overshadowed on the depth chart by others, which is no secret to GM's in the league.
Typehoe.... I meant "or"

They need defensemen

Old
09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Finding that 'elusive' center will probably come down to drafting and developing one internally.
I agree to some extand. It's seem that at this moment, we are in need imo. Sometime, it nice to be able to exchange for the benifit of both team. In my early proposal, I beleive that it was a big payment but with equal value with perhaps better in the future coming the habs way. It was Higgins, Bouillon and Mcdonaugh for either Mueller or Hanzal. Both are big, yougn and good hockey sense with offencive upside CENTRE. Hanzal being the bigest at 6"5 and 205+lbs is more of a project. Mueller is not a great skater but he's ahead and perhaps to stay between the 2.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 11:28 PM
sean84*

well i wood offer ryan o'burn 4 hanzall lol

sean84* is offline   Reply With Quote