HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Authentic Richards jersey

Old
09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Authentic Richards jersey

I got an authentic Richards jersey from a friend for a ridiculously cheap price and I was debating how "authentic" it really is. Does anyone have a Richards authentic? It has the tie down straps and all the sewing looks pretty legit. Its just that the font on the inside part of the "R"s look different to me. Anyone with any ideas?

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I got an authentic Richards jersey from a friend for a ridiculously cheap price and I was debating how "authentic" it really is. Does anyone have a Richards authentic? It has the tie down straps and all the sewing looks pretty legit. Its just that the font on the inside part of the "R"s look different to me. Anyone with any ideas?
If you got it for "ridiculously cheap" then 9.5/10 times it's a fake. Ebay and online stores are filled with rip offs. One of the major giveaways is the font used. As long as it looks alright who cares?

Does it look like this? Because these are both fake.

teegale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Viller

Whats the difference between those fakes and the real ones(material? cut?)? Are they just the cheaper replicas with a fight strap stiched on or what?

I can get one also, don't really mind if its not perfect since I usually buy replicas anyway.

How much do these usually sell for? 50? 60?

Last edited by Viller: 09-08-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
JSTAFF

mine doesnt look like either, i'll take a picture and post it. I got it so cheap because I think the guy works for some sporting goods store and just steals them and resells.

Old
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
If you got it for "ridiculously cheap" then 9.5/10 times it's a fake. Ebay and online stores are filled with rip offs. One of the major giveaways is the font used. As long as it looks alright who cares?

Does it look like this? Because these are both fake.

The Briere one doesnt look fake at the all but the Richards one does. I just got a Richards jersey with the Captain's "C" on it from the NHL shop for 160 (not authentic). I do have an authentic Forsberg jersey. I think authentic are a waste of money personally. A replica looks exactly the same and does the exact same job, but if you got an authentic for cheap, thats not a bad deal. If you dont mind saying, how much did you buy the jersey for and if it is at all possible, is he able to get an extra jerseys to sell?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
JSTAFF

They are 45-55 bucks I believe. The only problem is he can only get Richards and Briere. I can't figure out how to post a picture of it however. It is a shady deal, but you dont have to pay til you recieve the jersey so you cant get f'd.

Old
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
They are 45-55 bucks I believe. The only problem is he can only get Richards and Briere. I can't figure out how to post a picture of it however. It is a shady deal, but you dont have to pay til you recieve the jersey so you cant get f'd.
Ill buy a medium Briere jersey. Ask him if he can get it.

Old
09-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Chainsaw

I paid 300 for an authentic Richards Jersey in January. There is already 2 runs in it. I am absolutely dissapointed in it and will only buy semi pro jerseys for now on.

Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 02:38 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Funny how only the fake jerseys are Richards, Briere, and Gagne. http://www.jersey101.com/en/products.asp?typeid=347 sells those 2 "Authentic Jerseys" for $45. To be honest, I have a legit Timonen jersey but am looking for an alternative. I may just give in and buy a rip off because from what I'm hearing they are really good quality and hard to tell the difference. Save yourself a couple hundred bucks

Old
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
SaveByHexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Funny how only the fake jerseys are Richards, Briere, and Gagne. http://www.jersey101.com/en/products.asp?typeid=347 sells those 2 "Authentic Jerseys" for $45. To be honest, I have a legit Timonen jersey but am looking for an alternative. I may just give in and buy a rip off because from what I'm hearing they are really good quality and hard to tell the difference. Save yourself a couple hundred bucks
The numbers look way off...They kinda look like the Patriots' numbers to me...

SaveByHexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 05:35 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

The Briere one looks fine, the Richards is just horrendous. The numbers are so crazy on the Richards one.

Old
09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByHexy View Post
The numbers look way off...They kinda look like the Patriots' numbers to me...
He-he, that reminds me of a shirt a kid at school was wearing today:

18 wins and one Giant loss. Way to go, Pats!!

I cracked up for 10 minutes.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
sg12lw

i bought a "fake" briere and "fake" gagne on ebay each for $29, and i have a "real" blank jersey, and i honsetly cannot tell the difference in them. that richards one on jeresey101 does look bad, but i have the black briere and white gagne and they are pretty legit

if you want to know how to spot a fake one:

the real jerseys have the tags hanging from the sleeves, and the fake ones have the tags hanging from the neck. trust me they people selling the fakes for some reason have not picked up on this.also, the numbers are a little higher up on the shoulder, but its not that noticeable

but for 30 bucks the fake ones are an unbelievable deal imo, and i will be keeping an eye out for a better looking richards "fake"

hope my rambling was helpful.....and if anyone buys or has bought a phillies jersey from jersey101.com, i would appreciate it if you could post how happy/unhappy you are with it.thanks

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
ORYX

Im not sure if this if of much interest to most of you as there is only one Flyers Jersey on this site (Richards, Black) but i have ordered a couple jersey's for myself as well as sold a few to people at college. They look to be Absolutly Authentic, fight strap and authentic player sizing (ie. 48, 50,52 etc).

If they are fake its beyond me. They also have NFL, MLB, NBA etc.

www.ecseller.com

Just note that some of the pics are sketchy, dont be scared by them.

Last edited by ORYX: 09-09-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gambini View Post

the real jerseys have the tags hanging from the sleeves, and the fake ones have the tags hanging from the neck. trust me they people selling the fakes for some reason have not picked up on this.also

my jersey has the tags hanging from the sleeves and everything is in french...someone tell me how to post a picture so i can lol

Old
09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Im not sure if this if of much interest to most of you as there is only one Flyers Jersey on this site (Richards, Black) but i have ordered a couple jersey's for myself as well as sold a few to people at college. They look to be Absolutly Authentic, fight strap and authentic player sizing (ie. 48, 50,52 etc).

www.ecseller.com

that richards jersey is horrible, ew.

Old
09-10-2008, 04:11 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

I've been trying to get ahold of a white jersey of either Richards or Briere but can't seem to find them. I already have a black Timonen one that's real and wanted a cheap away jersey.

Old
09-10-2008, 06:35 PM
emiller

Quote:

www.ecseller.com

Is it just me or does that seem to be too good to be true? Those are some good prices on jerseys.

emiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 07:11 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:

www.ecseller.com

Some of these you can tell are completely fake. Actually all of them are, some are pretty well done though. The Richards one is a joke. Malkin's and Naslund's and Jagr's dont look bad. Crosby you can kinda see some mistake in it. You just cant put your finger on it.