HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks' Schneider would look good as a King

Old
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
Simple...I don't care how bad we supposedly need Schneider (I'd rather have Jay McKee, more responsible in his own zone) I'm not helping the Ducks if there's a gun pointed at my head. You guys can keep Schneid and his contract, I'd rather burn in hell than help you guys out. You want to put him on waivers and pay half his salary while he plays for us, that'll do. Otherwise, no thanks.

Just sayin.
Who do you expect to score from the blueline on the Kings roster? The unproven blueline scoring abilities of Jack Johnson and Drew Doughty? The only guy on the Kings that has the ability to play the point on the power play semi-effectively is Tom Preissing. You want to put all your faith in Tom Preissing and possibly Jay McKee? Good riddance. I pray we get Schneider because he IS the best option available.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
neofury*

Imo the way the kings look right now, nobody would look good as a king, infact the kings do nothing but make good players look bad if anything.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Sure, Schneider + 1st for a 3rd rounder from the Kings. I'd do that.

We can all win.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

We can all win.
Well, someone wins....Not Anahiem, though. They want to clear salary. And not trade a 1st round pick to do it. Schneider for a 4th or 5th would be more like it.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

We can all win.
You should really stop smoking crack.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

We signed Stoll for about 4mil a year and if we sign Sullivan to a deal worth 4.5-5mil a year and they have a balanced contract, we only have 1-1.5mil more to get to the floor. Then we sign either Johnson or kopitar and we are over the floor

Overall, I would want Schnieder and he could mentor the young guys

Schnides for a 4th or 5th and I say deal. Anything more is a stretch

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Who do you expect to score from the blueline on the Kings roster? The unproven blueline scoring abilities of Jack Johnson and Drew Doughty? The only guy on the Kings that has the ability to play the point on the power play semi-effectively is Tom Preissing. You want to put all your faith in Tom Preissing and possibly Jay McKee? Good riddance. I pray we get Schneider because he IS the best option available.
Stoll and Harrold can also run a PP. Schneider will not be a King after he ripped management for trading him.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Stoll and Harrold can also run a PP. Schneider will not be a King after he ripped management for trading him.
When did he "rip" management? And are you forgetting that the Kings have a completely new management team since Schneider was dealt?

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post
We signed Stoll for about 4mil a year and if we sign Sullivan to a deal worth 4.5-5mil a year and they have a balanced contract, we only have 1-1.5mil more to get to the floor. Then we sign either Johnson or kopitar and we are over the floor

No we need less than 3 million to hit the floor right now..

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by D U C K S View Post
Why are you worried about Schneider being maybe 1-1.5 million overpayed when his contract is only for one season? Also, he had a great season last year, if I were in the Kings situation I'd be really want this move.
right, because you wanna sign your players.
But we enjoy your salary problems and will not give you the credit to sign selanne.
It wouldn't hurt to get Schneider.... but it's more funny to see a helpless Ducks GM

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
BoltThrower

Send a message via AIM to BoltThrower Send a message via Yahoo to BoltThrower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
But we enjoy your salary problems and will not give you the credit to sign selanne.
It wouldn't hurt to get Schneider.... but it's more funny to see a helpless Ducks GM
Ahhh someone else gets it too!

BoltThrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The ducks should have no problem trading Schneider. He could be the last piece to a team like montreal and make them legit contenders. He's probably just trying to get all he can out of this.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
The ducks should have no problem trading Schneider. He could be the last piece to a team like montreal and make them legit contenders. He's probably just trying to get all he can out of this.
the kings are at 36 mill with gelinas close to signing. They don't have to do anything to get to the floor and have a budget of near 40 mill. Forget them.

Montreal has 5 mill in cap space but are looking for a high end forward, not dman. Schneider helps them in an area where they don't need help and stops them from addressing an area where their GM has repeatedly said he is looking at upgrading. Forget them.

IMO, there are only 2 teams in the Schneider sweepstakes - Columbus and NHI. Columbus GM Howsen is very loyal to Lowe and does not have a real crying need to trade for Schnieder. Burkie's mouth may have closed this door.

With the Islanders, who knows. They are above the cap floor and have 7 experienced dmen signed so they are not desperate.

Mr Sakich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 09:54 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
the kings are at 36 mill with gelinas close to signing. They don't have to do anything to get to the floor and have a budget of near 40 mill. Forget them.
If Gelinas is signed clearly a forward is being traded.. As well the Kings are only around 33.5ish salary wise and closer to 38 cap wise..

Old
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
Thank you didnt know that We sign Sully and were likely done with the cap floor issue Got that HF proposal makers. I still want Schnides though

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
If Gelinas is signed clearly a forward is being traded.. As well the Kings are only around 33.5ish salary wise and closer to 38 cap wise..
Those numbers are slightly off. I am not sure why but Irish Blues has Trevor Lewis and Jonathan Bernier on the Kings "active" roster. While Teddy Purcell and Eric Ersberg are on the reserve list. Purcell's cap hit is higher than Lewis' ($1.35 million vs $855k)....Ersberg's cap hit is slightly less than Bernier's ($700k vs $843k).

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post

Re-signing Johnson or Kopitar doesn't put you over the floor for this year, those contracts wouldn't count until next season.
Quote:
Isn't it something like 3.2 million? And that's counting like 3.9 million in rookie bonuses, most of which probably aren't going to be earned (and thus will have to be added before the end of the year)?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Re-signing Johnson or Kopitar doesn't put you over the floor for this year, those contracts wouldn't count until next season.

Isn't it something like 3.2 million? And that's counting like 3.9 million in rookie bonuses, most of which probably aren't going to be earned (and thus will have to be added before the end of the year)?
Correct. But I am sure there will be about $1 million worth of call ups during the year. Also O'Sullivan and Richardson still have yet to be signed. And even then that would only be a 21 man roster (they could keep up to 23).

Old
09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
When did he "rip" management? And are you forgetting that the Kings have a completely new management team since Schneider was dealt?
I read it on LGK and yes there's new management but I don't think he wants to play for us.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2008, 11:25 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Correct. But I am sure there will be about $1 million worth of call ups during the year. Also O'Sullivan and Richardson still have yet to be signed. And even then that would only be a 21 man roster (they could keep up to 23).
Yeah, O'Sullivan and Richardson should easily put them over the floor for the beginning of the season (4-4.5 million maybe?). So the Kings have no pressing issue to get cap compliant by season's start.

I'm just saying that they probably will need another few million more than the quoted poster thinks (maybe another 2-3 million). Although this doesn't have to get addressed until game 41 at the earliest, and possibly can wait until season's end. 1 million in callups is very ambitious, considering your callups are mostly 800k and less, and they only count for the fraction of the season that they're called up. Also consider that they might have to backfill some salary if they sell off any vets come trade deadline.

Schneider really is a great fit for the Kings. He can probably be had for pennies on the dollar trade-wise, he'd help the PP and with his left shot, help the kids grow, and could net them assets at the deadline both by trading him and other vets with the salary buffer his salary provided. Mathieu probably loves it so he doesn't have to move.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:10 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
His statement was correct? For this year I was under the impression all rookie and 35+ count towards the cap and can not be moved forward to the follow season (until the NHLPA decides to not open their clause);if they are not attained they have to me made up?? Are you sure? You have much more CBA knowledge (and I'm way too lazy to look) so let us know..

Old
09-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
His statement was correct? For this year I was under the impression all rookie and 35+ count towards the cap and can not be moved forward to the follow season (until the NHLPA decides to not open their clause);if they are not attained they have to me made up?? Are you sure? You have much more CBA knowledge (and I'm way too lazy to look) so let us know..
At the beginning of the season the league assumes that all bonuses will be attained.....so they are added to a team's cap figure. But the league will adjust the cap numbers once bonuses become impossible to attain (like if a player gets a bonus for playing 60 games in an NHL season but is currently at 49 games with only 10 games remaining in the season). If at the end of a season a player does not achieve any bonus that he was originally projected to make the cap figure for that player is adjusted. If the adjustment causes the team to fall below the cap then the team will be in violation. Since the violation will have occurred at the conclusion of the season the penalty would probably (my own speculation) either be a fine or the loss of one or more draft picks....which would stink if the team is due a top five pick.

The point being Dean will have to account for bonuses that likely will not be attained at some point during the season. Which means he will somehow have to add about $3 million more in salary as the season progresses.

Old
09-11-2008, 08:47 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
At the beginning of the season the league assumes that all bonuses will be attained.....so they are added to a team's cap figure. But the league will adjust the cap numbers once bonuses become impossible to attain (like if a player gets a bonus for playing 60 games in an NHL season but is currently at 49 games with only 10 games remaining in the season). If at the end of a season a player does not achieve any bonus that he was originally projected to make the cap figure for that player is adjusted. If the adjustment causes the team to fall below the cap then the team will be in violation. Since the violation will have occurred at the conclusion of the season the penalty would probably (my own speculation) either be a fine or the loss of one or more draft picks....which would stink if the team is due a top five pick.

The point being Dean will have to account for bonuses that likely will not be attained at some point during the season. Which means he will somehow have to add about $3 million more in salary as the season progresses.
lol.. this sounds familiar to something I just read..

Old
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
lol.. this sounds familiar to something I just read..
weird.