HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KHL offers to have Radulov issue settled once and for all via third party arbitration

Old
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Looks like he wants to come back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

He made his bed

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
He made his bed
Now he wants to change his sheets.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Now he wants to change his sheets.
Russian Mafia ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
If Radulov comes back, says he made a mistake, and gives it his all for the team, he'll be welcomed back by the fans (well not the hard headed ones) and team. We'll need his offense.
Agree 100%.

Who knows, maybe his time in Russia has given him a new perspective on things...

Old
09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Agree 100%.

Who knows, maybe his time in Russia has given him a new perspective on things...
That southern BBQ is better than mama's borst?

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29 View Post
That southern BBQ is better than mama's borst?
I could have told him that.

I hope Trotz tells him, "if you can beat out Jones for a spot, we'll take you."

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I could have told him that.

I hope Trotz tells him, "if you can beat out Jones for a spot, we'll take you."
Why not pihlstrom.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm with Stranger and WOF on this. The season hasn't started....many others have taken things like this further (see Datsyuk, Pavel). If he genuinely wants back and amends things with the team, then welcome back Radulov.

09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

lol, this team never fails to deliver off-ice drama. I was not expecting Radulov to change his mind, he seemed pretty smug about teaching the NHL a lesson for "stealing" Russian players.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
lol, this team never fails to deliver off-ice drama. I was not expecting Radulov to change his mind, he seemed pretty smug about teaching the NHL a lesson for "stealing" Russian players.
Which makes you wonder how much of that was Radulov talking v. Radulov's agent (or other more sinister external influences) talking?

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm with Stranger and WOF on this. The season hasn't started....many others have taken things like this further (see Datsyuk, Pavel). If he genuinely wants back and amends things with the team, then welcome back Radulov.
How did Datsyuk take this further? He never backed out of a contract or bad mouthed the NHL and never ran off to play in the RSL. Don't see how these are the same.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:32 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

I'm not sure what the poster was refering to, but didn't Datsyuk back out of a RSL contract to resign with the Red Wings?

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
jstreet
Smashville

in Russia, media talks for you

Old
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanker View Post
I'm not sure what the poster was refering to, but didn't Datsyuk back out of a RSL contract to resign with the Red Wings?
Exactly

From the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Datsyuk

----------------------
He was a restricted free agent during the 2004–05 off-season, but could not reach a deal with the Red Wings despite repeated statements by his agent indicating his desire to stay in Detroit. He chose not to go into salary arbitration and played with HC Dynamo Moscow during the 2004–05 lockout. On September 4, 2005, Datsyuk signed a one-year contract with Avangard Omsk of the Russian Hockey League,[3] and Moscow Dynamo matched the offer two days later.[4]
On September 19, 2005, the day the arbitration committee of the Russian Hockey League was set to determine which club had Datsyuk's rights, Datsyuk agreed to a two-year deal with the Red Wings for a total of US$7.8 million.[4]
----------------------------

By taking it farther, I simply meant, he remained in Russia longer than Radulov has to this point.....Granted, he didn't have a contract with the Wings at the time and was a RFA, but with Radulov there are supposedly other issues besides just money involved.

Consider (this from the yahoo article http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy)
"We strongly encourage our players that if you make a commitment, if you sign a contract, you ought to abide by the contract. You ought see it through. We will never encourage guys to breach contracts. We have spoken to the player, we have spoken to the agent. This is a fairly unique set of circumstances. This is a very young guy, who has decided to return home for some reasons which were public and some reasons which were personal. This isn't a guy who just breached a contract in any kind of a dismissive way. There are factors that haven't been publically reported.
"Unfortunately, he has become the center of a storm, between the National Hockey League and the KHL and on the international scene. There are consequences and ramifications which will flow from the Radulov situation, which potentially could affect the participation of NHL players in international events. I don't think he ever wanted to place himself in the middle of this tempest, but he's in it. We are trying to assist both the player and the agent to see if we can't find a way out of it, frankly.
It really seems like we do not know the whole story. This means there is a chance this situation can be resolved .....

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
SChan*

does this mean hornqvist wont be getting top6 minutes

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCfan View Post
does this mean hornqvist wont be getting top6 minutes
Hell no. Radulov will be taking minutes away from Jones, not Hörnqvist.

Old
09-11-2008, 08:46 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Datsyuk had an out clause with Omsk though and he never played a single game with them either. Not trying to argue,but just show there is a bit of a difference here.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Datsyuk had an out clause with Omsk though and he never played a single game with them either. Not trying to argue,but just show there is a bit of a difference here.
Your right. There is a lot different between the two situations, but there are also a lot of similarities. I think the timing is extremely important here as well.....

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:18 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Oofda, what a mess.

As far as I'm concerned the punk doesn't deserve to play for the Preds.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd love to be pious here and talk about how Radulov is dead to me and I'll never accept him as a Predator, etc etc.

But the truth is, the first time he scores a goal, all will be forgiven. In fact, I'll probably forgive him as I watch his antics in the pre-game warmups and note that even the houselights going down don't pull him off the ice.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 09:25 AM
handtrick

Don't expect a humble, apologetic, completely honest contrite statement from Radulov in the press if he ever rejoins the Predators.
Part of the real explanation will not be looked upon favorably by the powers of Russian hockey that pick Olympic and international teams which Rads has always wanted to be a part of. I don't expect him to burn any bridges there.

I would, however, expect that he should be contrite and honest to him teamates, and if they accept him back with open arms, that is the most important thing. Arnott and Dumont have both gone on record saying that they don't want him here if he doesn't want to be here and if he comes back there would be alot of explaining to do.

This team will rely heavily on chemistry and team concept....if he is gonna disrupt that, he is better off traded, benched, or blackballed, in my opinion.

Last edited by handtrick: 09-12-2008 at 09:47 AM.
handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Don't expect a humble, apologetic, completely honest contrite statement from Radulov in the press if he ever rejoins the Predators.
Part of the real explanation will not be looked upon favorably by the powers of Russian hockey that pick Olympic and international teams which Rads has always wanted to be a part of. I don't expect him to burn any bridges there.

I would, however, expect that he should be contrite and honest to him teamates, and if they accept him back with open arms, that is the most important thing. Arnott and Dumont have both gone on record saying that they don't want him here if he doesn't want to be here and if he comes back there would be alot of explaining to do.

This team will rely heavily on chemistry and team concept....if he is gonna disrupt that, he is better off traded, benched, or blackballed, in my opinion.
While I agree, the name of the game is winning and getting paid. And Rads should help in both departments. Arnott and Dumont will quickly forget all the ills if he makes the Preds a better team. If he comes back and gives the Preds a good second line, that bodes well for the stats of both Dumont and Arnott. And what bodes well for their stats bodes well for their wallets.

If he makes the team better, you owe it to the rest of the team to resolve your personal differences. And remember, they know this is a young, relatively immature kid that is going through growing pains. So I think they are more likely to forgive and move on if he really does want to be in a Nashville uniform. Now, I wouldn't be opposed to a gold old-fashioned beatdown when he first steps into practice. But I fully expect them to have beers afterwards.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
jstreet
Smashville

count me in as the first flip-flopper.

I didnt care to ever see the guy again, but Id be more than happy for him to come back now and score 20+ goals.

Old
09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
It honestly doesn't matter what we as fans think about Radu. He has to make it up to management, the coaching staff, and his teammates. If he can do that and prove he's got his head straight, then he'll be back. Hockey is first and foremost a business and winning and scoring goals sells tickets. Just look at the Giants when they had Bonds.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote