HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Rivalry amongst NY fans *Teams on post #1

Old
09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
That sounds awesome. Too bad I live in California. Don't goalies usually play free?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
That sounds awesome. Too bad I live in California. Don't goalies usually play free?

Yes but when we gotta pay for the ice, it's a little different.

If we can get anough players we might be able to apply that rule. But that's usually for open hockey. We're renting and paying for this.

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Maybe while we're waiting for the sissy Iles fans to sign up we can discuss some topics of interest

1) Full equipment, non contact, full cages or shields required.
2) Team Requirements? Back up goalies required?
3) Estimated (Or once we find out, actual) prices? Including ice time etc.
4) One game, or two, are the Debbies in or out?
5) Approximate date of game(s)? (Once we know, actual)
6) The game is for bragging rights of course, but more so to have fun. Healthy competition and a few chats back and forth are all in good fun, the idea is to have fun.

People looking to play should really put up information regarding position, any experience (Smooth wanted people that have played, but everyone is welcome. I'm assuming if you can skate and play your welcome to come, we just don't want people that can't even stand up in skates playing. Not to discriminate, but to allow the game to be just that, a game, with flow) and when would be available for you (Mid-end December, January). I think winter break-ish would be a prime time since people will be home and taking off of work or just around. Also, how about we mention our real names, we're going to meet eventually haha.

NYRSinceBirth AKA Joe
I get home from the UK on Dec. 13th, so any time after that.
Prefer being a winger, but will offer to play D if necessary (I'm rather defensively minded with a decent shot and decent playmaking/passing ability).

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Maybe while we're waiting for the sissy Iles fans to sign up we can discuss some topics of interest

1) Full equipment, non contact, full cages or shields required.
2) Team Requirements? Back up goalies required?
3) Estimated (Or once we find out, actual) prices? Including ice time etc.
4) One game, or two, are the Debbies in or out?
5) Approximate date of game(s)? (Once we know, actual)

People looking to play should really put up information regarding position, any experience (Smooth wanted people that have played, but everyone is welcome. I'm assuming if you can skate and play your welcome to come, we just don't want people that can't even stand up in skates playing. Not to discriminate, but to allow the game to be just that, a game, with flow) and when would be available for you (Mid-end December, January). I think winter break-ish would be a prime time since people will be home and taking off of work or just around. Also, how about we mention our real names, we're going to meet eventually haha.

NYRSinceBirth AKA Joe
I get home from the UK on Dec. 13th, so any time after that.
Prefer being a winger, but will offer to play D if necessary (I'm rather defensively minded with a decent shot and decent playmaking/passing ability).

Great points Joe.

I was going to actually post something like this but you beat me to it. I'll give my opinions in order of the questions.

1a.) Full equipment is recommended. You can however, wear a half shield if you want. But no open face. Either cage or half shield. I own both and will go with the shield.

1b.) Unless you want that moderator street fight to come to fruition. NO CONTACT.

2.) Backup goalie's are optional. So far it's only 1 game.

3.) I'm still working on this and awaiting the Isles to start filling their roster. I cannot get an accurate estimate if they don't start showing up.

4.) One game afaik. Devils fans have not even showed up to put 1 name on their roster. Plus, my thread in their section got locked after we had exchanged a few words.

5.) I'm looking for December or Jan. I'm still recovering from 3 knee surgeries in less than 2 years. I'll be ready in another 2 months. (Fingers crossed)

***I think if you can't stand on skates, then yes I wasn't referring to you. As you mentioned, the game has to have a certain flow to it in order for us to compete against our rival. Yes it will be fun, but we want to win and have fun doing it.

This is open to players of all levels as long as you can skate. You don't have to be a superstar Alexander Ovechkin and HAVE to score goals.

Leave that to me

As far as the names are concerned. Sure it would be nice to know the names, but we're kind of pre-programmed to know a person here by their handle/username.

Johnny Choice, aka Choice came up with an idea of putting our usernames on the back of our jerseys. Not sure how confusing its going to be on the ice, but if you're like me...you're terrible remembering people's real names.

We'll see if something can be done to that extent...Just don't expect professional embroidery LoL. Might just be written on with a magic marker haha.

I'll put your position up as (C). Thanks Joe.

-Brian

Old
09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Hey if i wear a towel on my back and write crosby on it does that mean i'll be able to dive for free powerplays?

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Synergy27

Man, my jersey would actually be kind of sweet. I might get this anyway:

Last edited by Synergy27: 06-01-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:58 PM
NYRSinceBirth

No problem Brian, it's 3AM here and I can't sleep, and I have to leave for an airport in 4 hours haha. I need something to keep me up, just remember this when I take you up on the offer to help my skating haha.

I'm down for the whole handle/jersey thing, but I might be called "Birthy" on the ice, eek. I think it would be pretty cool if we could actually get our handles on the jerseys for a decent price, it would help to maybe make this an annual thing.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:08 PM
BurevsRichter

im definetly down for this, I play D

HF Rangers

BurevsRichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurevsRichter View Post
im definetly down for this, I play D

HF Rangers

Very, very cool. The more D the better.

-Brian

Old
09-19-2008, 03:24 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Hey if i wear a towel on my back and write crosby on it does that mean i'll be able to dive for free powerplays?
Still waiting on that answer

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Garv23

I'm a year younger than Shanny so I should probably be stoned and cast out right? But if I can shake my groin problem by Dec. I'd love to play. I play RW and a little D if necessary. Granted, D is mostly on my back, but I'm 6'3" and have a long reach so even on my back, my stick swing is highly effective.

If there's room and I'm healthy (have a landscape biz so healing can be a beeatch when I get no rest) I'd be definitely interested.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote