HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
  #1
OleOleOleOleBureBure
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Plekanec

HOw do you guys see him this year? can he repeat last years numbers? what effect if Sundin signs? what about Lang if he comes? is he a lock at 1c?

OleOleOleOleBureBure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:27 PM
  #2
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
If Lang gets traded to Montreal he'll Centre S. Kostitsyn and Latendresse


A. Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu Higgins
Latendresse Lang S. Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos Lapierre Laraque
Begin
Dandenault

Komiserek Markov
Hamerlik O'Byrne
Gorges Bouillion

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
  #3
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Even if we get Sundin, i still see Pleks and Kovalev together....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:55 PM
  #4
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Even if we get Sundin, i still see Pleks and Kovalev together....
I don't agree. If Sundin signs, we have enough depth to put our 3 best offensive players in one line


Tanguay Sundin Kovalev
S. Kostitsyn Plekanec A. Kostitsyn
Higgins Koivu Latendresse
Kostopoulos Lapierre/Chipchura Laraque

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:55 PM
  #5
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
If Lang gets traded to Montreal he'll Centre S. Kostitsyn and Latendresse


A. Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu Higgins
Latendresse Lang S. Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos Lapierre Laraque
Begin
Dandenault

Komiserek Markov
Hamerlik O'Byrne
Gorges Bouillion
Switch Higgins and Latendresse and you have a good lineup.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
  #6
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I don't agree. If Sundin signs, we have enough depth to put our 3 best offensive players in one line


Tanguay Sundin Kovalev
S. Kostitsyn Plekanec A. Kostitsyn
Higgins Koivu Latendresse
Kostopoulos Lapierre/Chipchura Laraque
Why take away the Pleks Kovalev chemistry??? Why give the other team a clear one line to focus on with their best defenders???

Higgins Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Sundin AKost
SKost Koivu Latendresse....

or

AKost Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Sundin Latendresse
Higgins Koivu SKost...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:08 PM
  #7
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,841
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Switch Higgins and Latendresse and you have a good lineup.
I would do that too.

Lang and Latendresse on the same line together would be a ''who is slower contest''.

And to answer Ole Bure's question...Pleks should post similar numbers to last year for sure. If he doesn't reach the 60 point plateau it would be a big disappointment.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:12 PM
  #8
Krautso
Registered User
 
Krautso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I would do that too.

Lang and Latendresse on the same line together would be a ''who is slower contest''.

And to answer Ole Bure's question...Pleks should post similar numbers to last year for sure. If he doesn't reach the 60 point plateau it would be a big disappointment.
Lats hasn't been beaten yet!

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:17 PM
  #9
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I don't agree. If Sundin signs, we have enough depth to put our 3 best offensive players in one line


Tanguay Sundin Kovalev
S. Kostitsyn Plekanec A. Kostitsyn
Higgins Koivu Latendresse
Kostopoulos Lapierre/Chipchura Laraque
I'd go with Beaker's lines.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:21 PM
  #10
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Why take away the Pleks Kovalev chemistry??? Why give the other team a clear one line to focus on with their best defenders???

Higgins Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Sundin AKost
SKost Koivu Latendresse....

or

AKost Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Sundin Latendresse
Higgins Koivu SKost...
Well, you know what, those lines look great and I didn't really think about the other defenders focusing on one clear line, you have an excellent point there. I still would like to see some tanguay sundin kovalev at 5 on 5.

Edit: I'd really like to see Tanguay Sundin Latendresse also

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
  #11
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Why take away the Pleks Kovalev chemistry???
Because:

1) I personally like the Plekanec and the Kostitsyn's chemistry better, and

2) Tanguay - Sundin - Kovalev would be the most dominant line in hockey.

If Langs or Sergei is our third line center, then Andrei-Tomas-Alex will stick together.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:27 PM
  #12
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Well, you know what, those lines look great and I didn't really think about the other defenders focusing on one clear line, you have an excellent point there. I still would like to see some tanguay sundin kovalev at 5 on 5.

Edit: I'd really like to see Tanguay Sundin Latendresse also
a kovy-pleks line or a Sundin-tanguay line.... would really excel against the #3-4 pairing on most teams...

and then the Higgins - Koivu - Skost is a third line.... thats just ridiculous... that was 2/3 of our first line two years ago (with Skost > Ryder)

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
  #13
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Because:

1) I personally like the Plekanec and the Kostitsyn's chemistry better, and

2) Tanguay - Sundin - Kovalev would be the most dominant line in hockey.

If Langs or Sergei is our third line center, then Andrei-Tomas-Alex will stick together.
Have you forgot about the potential, Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa line?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:47 PM
  #14
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
80 points for Plekanec this year barring injury. I am expecting him to be a point per game player and become a premier two way center for the next couple of years.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:49 PM
  #15
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Pleks is going to be a machine for us in the years to come

  Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:50 PM
  #16
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Have you forgot about the potential, Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa line?
I'm hoping someone like Dallas smartens up and just cripples them

I'm not forgetting Ottawa though. **** their first line.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
  #17
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,841
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Have you forgot about the potential, Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa line?
Babcock said they won't play together.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...128/SPORTS0103

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:25 PM
  #18
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Babcock said they won't play together.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...128/SPORTS0103

Not bad lines, I must say.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:27 PM
  #19
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Turtleneck gangsta

I love Pleky,gonna be a real great player for years to come

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:34 PM
  #20
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Turtleneck gangsta

I love Pleky,gonna be a real great player for years to come
Agreed....I think he gets at least 75 points this year barring any injuries.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:47 AM
  #21
Arctic_Hab_Fan
Registered User
 
Arctic_Hab_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Ma boy Plekanec will do good this year. I expect him to match last season's totals. In Fact, I expect last seasons totals to be the norm for him

I'll go on a limb here and suggest he'll have more points than Erika errrr Sergei Kostitsyn

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:56 AM
  #22
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
I see Plekanec as a 70-75pts player, playing a great two-way game. His vision on the ice is underated, he's probably the most clever player on the ice with Tanguay on this team. When is the last time Plekanec created a turnover or made a big, fat mistake? I can't even recall...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:11 AM
  #23
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
i liked the kost-plek-kovy line but i would really like to see what andrei could do from the right side...i really think he can do the most optimal damage from there. therefore i wouldn't mind breaking up the line

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
  #24
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
He should end up close to 1pt per game imo.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:22 AM
  #25
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure View Post
HOw do you guys see him this year? can he repeat last years numbers? what effect if Sundin signs? what about Lang if he comes? is he a lock at 1c?

I think Plekanec proved in the last 2 seasons that he is a good hockey player.....so I don't see him being much different from last season. Whether Sundin signs or not, Plekanec should still play with Kovalev....they have good chemistry on the ice....but its hard to say, maybe Sundin and Kovalev would have even more chemistry.
The thing is, Sundin is more than likely NOT going to sign in Montreal....so we shouldn't even be worrying about him. He will go back and play another year in Toronto and then retire a Leaf.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.