HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Rookie Camp Thread (roster announced)

Old
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Is Conrad Martin officially a Bulldog? I missed that memo....
Yes, they signed him to a two-year contract in February.

Quote:
It's nice to see Paquet attending the main camp but am I missing something?
Now, that's weird, pro camp + NCAA player, maybe they will sign him... (or already done but not announced)

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
couz

So is the rookie camp at the Bell Center open to the public?

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
I did not even know it was at the Bell Centre.
Is it not usually somewhere else?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

A little OT....well a lot OT but don't want to open a thread and it's about rookie camps, but just a heads up that the 8-team tournament in Traverse City will be televised on NHL Network. Won't be live but just one day after the game would have been played. 8PM and 10 PM for a few days.

For whoever wants to see Esposito....

Just realized that while a lot of people loved Joey Ryan and he was part of my black list, he wasn't signed by LA and is now as tryout for the Wings.....

I have to congratulate myself......to compensate for all the others I've misjudged....

Our old prospect Cepek will also be playing for the Wings rookie squad.

I know I'll be watching Berglund from St-Louis and will cry a little....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-12-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

That's strange indeed. Both Paquet and Stejskal should be in school. They are allowed to attend the camp per NCAA rules as long as they pay their own way but that means they will miss out on their classes.

Kristo has to finish his last year of Highschool, but school has started for him too, and due to NCAA rules he has to pay his own way as well even though he's going to the USHL next month.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
That's strange indeed. Both Paquet and Stejskal should be in school. They are allowed to attend the camp per NCAA rules as long as they pay their own way but that means they will miss out on their classes.

Kristo has to finish his last year of Highschool, but school has started for him too, and due to NCAA rules he has to pay his own way as well even though he's going to the USHL next month.
Just thinking.....do we have to sign Paquet next year? With the injuries he had and only 1 season left, if it is, before signing with us or being let go, chances are he's doing everything he can to leave an impression, could it be that? Stejskal and Kristo....I have no idea why.....

Old
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

that's what i don't understand, why don't habs management just pay it, especially if it ment for a player like Kristo to get looked at by habs trainers then knowing specific things he has to work on

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
It was last year, it better be this year. I don't like the fact it's not mentionned anywhere if it's open to the public or not.

Maaaaaan, 9 am is early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
why don't habs management just pay it
They can't, it's against the rules.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I did not even know it was at the Bell Centre.
Is it not usually somewhere else?
Lats year I think it was but 2 years ago I think it was at the Verdun arena,then they went up north in Tremblant for the weekend. I don't remember if the Tremblant is before or after the cuts,I think after the cuts but anyways.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just went to see Dartmouth calendar and seems that classes are beginning September 24th. Probably a reason why Stejskal still decided to pay to come here since classes would not have started.

Old
09-12-2008, 02:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Just thinking.....do we have to sign Paquet next year? With the injuries he had and only 1 season left, if it is, before signing with us or being let go, chances are he's doing everything he can to leave an impression, could it be that? Stejskal and Kristo....I have no idea why.....
Yes Paquet has to be signed before August 15th, 2009 or else he becomes a free agent. I don't know if they made a mistake whoever published the list or if they are really skipping school to attend the camp. Stejskal I'm even more surprised at since he goes to an Ivy league school, which has such high standards in academics. Granted it's only a couple days though and not that far of a drive for him plus Dartmouth doesn't start the season for another month so they are likely just doing light workouts (captians practices)

If Paquet is at the main camp, then I would wonder if he's planning on going back to Clarkson for his senior year, or if like you say he's trying to make a big impression. Either way I'm surprised at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
that's what i don't understand, why don't habs management just pay it, especially if it ment for a player like Kristo to get looked at by habs trainers then knowing specific things he has to work on
That's how freaking stupid the NCAA rules are, if the Habs paid their way the players would not be allowed to play at the NCAA ever again. The NCAA is very strict on students getting any sort of compensation, something I never really understood.

Quote:
Just went to see Dartmouth calendar and seems that classes are beginning September 24th. Probably a reason why Stejskal still decided to pay to come here since classes would not have started.
Wow, that's the latest I've ever heard of a school starting classes. My school started at the end of August or did when I was there. Most schools in the US start around the 1st week of september. I always wondered why the ivy league schools started their season around Novemeber, I thought it was cause they play several less games then the rest of the NCAA schools but I guess it's cause they don't start till so late.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habakkuk View Post
The Canadiens open rookie camp begins Sept. 15, 2008 at the Bell Centre, which runs until the 18th. Then the big boys invade the Bell Centre on Sept. 19 for physicals and medicals, before camp starts in full on the 20th. As usual, the club will be alternating between the Bell Centre and the Verdun Auditorium for the majority of training camp, but they will also spend a couple of days in St-Jovite at the beginning of October.

The Habs begin their exhibition season with a "road trip" to Roberval to play the Buffalo Sabres, then they continue on to Detroit to take on the defending champs on the 24th. The remainder of the games are as follows:
* Sept. 26, 2008 -- Ottawa Senators at the Bell Centre
* Sept. 27, 2008 -- at the Ottawa Senators, ScotiaBank Place
* Sept. 28, 2008 -- Florida Panthers at the Bell Centre
* Sept. 30, 2008 -- Detroit Red Wings at the Bell Centre
* Oct. 1, 20008 -- Boston Bruins at the Bell Centre
* Oct. 4, 2008 -- Minnesota Wild at the Bell Centre
You missed a game.

Sept 22 - Montreal vs Boston in Halifax at the Metro Centre.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Wow, that's the latest I've ever heard of a school starting classes. My school started at the end of August or did when I was there. Most schools in the US start around the 1st week of september. I always wondered why the ivy league schools started their season around Novemeber, I thought it was cause they play several less games then the rest of the NCAA schools but I guess it's cause they don't start till so late.
Thought it was pretty strange too but unless I'm not reading this properly....

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~reg/calend...mic/08-09.html

But then Clarkson seems to be starting their classes August 25th....

http://www.clarkson.edu/sas/calendar.html

Old
09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
We do not have the final list of invitees and usually every info appears on that article. The rookie camp is always open to the public and usually it's at the Bell Centre, sometimes in Verdun, and I think they are doing a few practises in St-Jovite this year.
Who are "We" ?

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlGuy View Post
Who are "We" ?
Should've written "I".....

Old
09-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Oh boy, did anyone here the latest ridiculous quote from Michel Villeneuve just a few minutes ago when talking about this camp with Dube and Pedneault?

''When a player spends a bit too much time in the AHL, he's no longer a good prospect in my books''

Tell that to Komisarek...or Plekanec...or A. Kostitsyn.

Now Dube saying that there is a split inside the Habs organization on if Max Pac is ready for the NHL or not.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 09-12-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old
09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Who are "We" ?
We are Whitesnake; you will be assimilated; resistance is futile.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
Should've written "I".....
Sometimes when people make simple mistakes like that kind of makes you think "Insider" I'm not saying that about you but you get the drift

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Sometimes when people make simple mistakes like that kind of makes you think "Insider" I'm not saying that about you but you get the drift
My father is an usher at the Bell Centre and my work is situated 30 seconds from the Bell Centre. That's as much an insider I am which means I'm absolutely not....

Old
09-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Karpodsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Oh boy, did anyone here the latest ridiculous quote from Michel Villeneuve just a few minutes ago when talking about this camp with Dube and Pedneault?

''When a player spends a bit too much time in the AHL, he's no longer a good prospect in my books''

Now Dube saying that there is a split inside the Habs organization on if Max Pac is ready for the NHL or not.
Is this supposed to be good or bad?

So it means they thought he could jump in the nhl this year when they signed him?? Weird...

One year in the AHL wont be bad for him imo

Karpodsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpodsa View Post
Is this supposed to be good or bad?

So it means they thought he could jump in the nhl this year when they signed him?? Weird...

One year in the AHL wont be bad for him imo
He said he's been told some feel he needs to play in the AHL to continue his progression...while others in the org feel he's ready.

Old
09-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
sweet, thanks for posting that Thief

doesnt say if Rookie camp is open to public.

September 20 and 21st will be in Pierrefonds for those who want to attend...I will be there on the 20th.
Probably the same for me

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:07 PM
24Cups

Quote:

Or Guy Carbonneau. I seem to recall that Guy spent at least two full seasons in the AHL (Nova Scotia Voyageurs) before finally cracking the Montreal roster.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
couz

Quote:
He said he's been told some feel he needs to play in the AHL to continue his progression...while others in the org feel he's ready.
Player development has been spot on in the last 5 years...Higgins,Pleks,Komo and lately Price,Lapierre,GL,AKos,SKos,OByrne,all developed properly and heading in the right direction.

I trust they'll know what to do with MaxPac...it'll take a really exceptional camp for him to make it, even if he has a good camp they'll do what they did with SKos, go back to Hamilton and keep it up and you'll get a call up.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
znk

Quote:
Just realized I won't be able to attend the rookie camp.....it's during the week only....Sucks even though my work is 1 minute from the Bell Centre, if they would have had something during lunch, I would have been able to attend.

It's nice to see Paquet attending the main camp but am I missing something?

Not sure I like Tanguay's new number....XX.....
get your priorities traight and get your ass over there.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote