HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist -- strained ACL's and painkillers

Old
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
to be honest, any time I see ACLs and painkillers in the same article regarding the same player, I get worried. I obviously do not know the truth, but strained ACLs don't get better by playing more and taking more painkillers, so hopefully that's not the case. And strained ACLs could lead to sprained and ultimately tears. So let's hope this is an exaggeration.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Cmon Lundy.

Do it for your dad.

Please.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:23 PM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
From reading around I've heard that Aftonbladet is like the 'Star magazine' of Sweden... making mountains out of molehills. I could be wrong, maybe a swedish poster can clear it up.

If Hank has some strained ACL's, he just needs some rest and I hope he is taking advantage of the offseason to do just that. We just signed the guy longterm... the last thing we need is a DiPietro situation on our hands.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
playrink

exaggerated or not we need a better back-up. Vally lovers & I agree he's a swell guy - but in shoot-outs the guy's reflexes are like molasses. We're royally screwed if Henke goes down for extended period.

playrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
ThirdEye

I think if it was as bad as some people think, we would have known about this a while ago. Let's hope that that is true at least

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
From reading around I've heard that Aftonbladet is like the 'Star magazine' of Sweden... making mountains out of molehills. I could be wrong, maybe a swedish poster can clear it up.
I've heard the same thing about Aftonbladet. I haven't heard anything about an injury or rehab. DiPietro on the other hand....

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Its probably harder for you guys who are reading crappy translations of everything they write -- the nuances dissapears and its harder to be a "critical reader".

They are often out of line with their headlines; but when it comes to the actual article they are IMO basically on par with NY Post. Like they print everything they get a hand on, and they make a story out of most things.

But its not like you can't trust them. But if a source says something -- it could be just a agent speculating or something. It don't have to be a sure thing. But isn't it like that in any paper these days?

For example, "Done deal: Sundin to Vancouver" -- could indicate that its a done deal that Sundin have signed for Vancouver. But then you go on and read the actual writing and it turns out that its a Russian GM who have contacted Sundin's agent -- and according to the Russian GM Sundin's agent have told him that Sundin to Vancouver is a done deal. You don't need to be much of a critical reader now to be a little skeptical.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
I've heard the same thing about Aftonbladet. I haven't heard anything about an injury or rehab.
He had problems with his knees at the end of the season and during his games at the WC.

They all expected it go away with just resting during the summer but it didn't heal up all the way.

So he (or they rather) decided to take some cortisone shots to get rid of the remaining niggles.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Blazephr

your eye's do not get dilated from painkillers (which they do when using coke). From opiate (painkillers) use...they restrict, very pin like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
I still think hes on somthing, that mans eyes, his pupils are so BIG during and after games. The only time I ever see pupils that BIG is when I'm on somthing.

SpeedBall Hank!

Last edited by Blazephr: 09-12-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
I still think hes on somthing, that mans eyes, his pupils are so BIG during and after games. The only time I ever see pupils that BIG is when I'm on somthing.

SpeedBall Hank!
well then its not pain killas....that would shrnk his pupils.......

now xanax or acid or E.....those would make his pupils larger.....

but its more likeley just his blue eyes........people constantly ask me what im on....its just that ive got big blues and pupils are more noticeble then......so i fill myself with opiates to balance em out.....

yea...what he said above me....didnt read that far

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

any update?

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
any update?
I'm pretty sure he was in one of the practices the team already had. There hasn't been any mention of this aside from that one Swedish paper

Sorry

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I'm pretty sure he was in one of the practices the team already had. There hasn't been any mention of this aside from that one Swedish paper

Sorry
ha, well its more for fantasy purposes. I guess i wouldn't have been too heart broken

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
any update?
Actually there is

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...,5919146.story

Quote:
Notes & quotes: Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist received cortisone shots in his knees once in the offseason after playing for Team Sweden, but is not receiving any now and is fine, contrary to a Swedish newspaper report, the team said

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Quote:
Notes & quotes: Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist received cortisone shots in his knees once in the offseason after playing for Team Sweden, but is not receiving any now and is fine, contrary to a Swedish newspaper report, the team said
Keep in mind that teams like to implement damage control when it comes to the press and are known to report a broken leg as "a minor lower body injury".

And media on both sides of the pond has a thing for finding out first, and to whack back at such finder when possible.

There's a good chance that all sources are correct.

It's a known fact that Hank had some issues with his knees at the end of the season. He delayed his reporting to the national team because he wanted/needed clearance from the Ranger's medical staff regarding his knees.

The story at that time, as told Ranger's PR staff, Tre Kronor's PR staff and Hank himself was that "he has some issues with his knees, it will not be worse by playing some more games and it will heal by it self during the summer".

He actually lifted himself from the final game(s) claiming that he was "out of gas".

Just before the start of the pre-season he was interviewed and stated that recovery had been good, but that it hadn't been 100% good and that he had received some shots to take from almost 100% to 100%.

Note that Ranger's PR team states "once in the off-season after playing for Tre Kronor".

It doesn't say when in the off-season.

It can be a week after his last game or it can be a week before the start of the pre-season.

Since all parties stated that it would heal by it self during the summer, it would appear very odd if he had the shots in the beginning of the summer.

Ergo. They are all telling the truth.

He did have some shots at the end of the summer because it hadn't healed fully and the pre-season was just around the corner.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote